HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non Hockey Olympic Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2014, 01:08 AM
  #326
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Love that guy.

One of those silver should be gold though. #icedance
We're NUMBER 2!!!

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 01:40 AM
  #327
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Kallie Humphries sitting 2nd in the 1st Run, 0.13 Seconds back. With 3 runs to go she's within striking distance but the American Sled is gonna be tough to catch, they set a track record and start record. There is another American sled right behind Kallie as well. Big drop off after that at this point and all the top teams have gone.
Humphries had a very clean run, but the American team hit several turns and still ended up faster. Maybe their sled is betteR?

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 02:21 AM
  #328
StIllmatic
Registered User
 
StIllmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Humphries had a very clean run, but the American team hit several turns and still ended up faster. Maybe their sled is betteR?
Yea that boggled my mind. Humphries seemed tons better.

StIllmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 05:18 AM
  #329
GPNuck
Registered User
 
GPNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 139
anyone watching the curling semi final?

GPNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:46 AM
  #330
Jack Tripper
Vey Falls Down
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,189
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPNuck View Post
anyone watching the curling semi final?
clutch draw by jones in the 10th end...well done

if the canadian women don't end the gold medal drought tomorrow then it may be jones that ends it

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:59 AM
  #331
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,415
vCash: 500
Canada vs. Sweden in women's curling final.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 09:41 AM
  #332
GPNuck
Registered User
 
GPNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 139
I just love watching Jennifer Jones concentration when she's throwing the rocks. So much focus in those sexy eyes of hers

GPNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 10:11 AM
  #333
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 833
Jennifer Jones is sooooooo good. Dat double takeout that turned the game around... <3

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 10:59 AM
  #334
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
Kallie Humphries and Heather Moyse cut the lead of the American sled in half with their 3rd run today.

Jacobs just scored 3 in the 7th end, up 7-4 now.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 12:09 PM
  #335
The Stig
-_-
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maple Ridge B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,780
vCash: 114
Gold on Bobsleigh!!!!!

The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 12:10 PM
  #336
andy1218
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Kallie Humphries and Heather Moyse cut the lead of the American sled in half with their 3rd run today.

Jacobs just scored 3 in the 7th end, up 7-4 now.
US-1 gave that away.
Great runs by Kallie Humphries and Heather Moyse.
Amazing. Woot!

andy1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
  #337
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1218 View Post
US-1 gave that away.
Great runs by Kallie Humphries and Heather Moyse.
Amazing. Woot!
Kallie Humphries had been driving the best all 4 runs. The US-1 sled had great starts and had a very good 1st run. There was talk the Canadian sleds didn't have the right runners on yesterday. After Kallie's last run, the American's knew they had to be perfect to stay ahead and couldn't do that.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
  #338
The Stig
-_-
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maple Ridge B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,780
vCash: 114
Kurt Browning may be the worst commentator in the history of tv.

"the crushing feel of heartbreak from past failures can cause mistakes"

"as their program ends, I feel melancholy with not being able to watch more"

The hell is he talking about?! Being so overly dramatic

The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
  #339
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 833
Yuna Kim will forever be my girl crush.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 03:06 PM
  #340
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
http://io9.com/sir-david-attenboroug...f-o-1525931243

For those who don't understand curling... David Attenborough will help you.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM
  #341
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Kurt Browning may be the worst commentator in the history of tv.

"the crushing feel of heartbreak from past failures can cause mistakes"

"as their program ends, I feel melancholy with not being able to watch more"

The hell is he talking about?! Being so overly dramatic
Honestly...
He is one of the best figure skating commentators out there.

Yes...
He can be over dramatic...
But he knows his stuff...
And he is able to explain the performances...
From the techniques...
To how everything is scored...
To the audiences very clearly.
Few can do that...
And I learn quite a bit from his commentaries.
A lot of people praises his work.

The other one I like is Scott Hamilton.
These two actually want people to understand the sport.


Last edited by nameless1: 02-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.
nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 03:49 PM
  #342
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,415
vCash: 500
If you want bad commentators...
The curling trios are terrible.
They make the wrong predictions about almost every shot...
And all I hear during their commentaries are gossips.
I don't want to know about a potential bagpipe joke.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
  #343
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,870
vCash: 500
Like the Jones rink... Brad Jacobs leads Canada men into curling gold medal game with a win over China’s Liu Rui rink 10-6.

If Canada's hockey team wins gold maybe credit Mike Babcock with a second gold medal in curling. Or at least a primary assist.
A lifetime ago, when his team was 1-2 and looking at a climb up the east face of K2, Brad Jacobs sought the advice of some veterans curlers — and he also talked to someone else who knows a bit about the pressure of the Olympics.

Canadian men’s hockey coach Mike Babcock has his hands full these days with his own team, but if Jacobs wins a gold medal on Friday, Babcock can always say he helped.

“He said you’re 1-2, that doesn’t mean anything,” said Jacobs. “It’s how you finish. Just go out there and execute. That’s exactly what we’ve done.”
http://www.canada.com/olympics/news/...win-over-china

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 01:07 AM
  #344
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,870
vCash: 500
In women's curling Canada faces Sweden for the Gold tomorrow at 530 am PST on CBC.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 01:23 AM
  #345
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,246
vCash: 53
A lot of medals en route for Canada, hopefully a handful of gold. Men and women's curling, women's hockey, men's hockey.

PG Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 03:34 AM
  #346
nameless1
Apathy is great!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,415
vCash: 500
I am a little late...
But I finally watched the short program.
Yuna Kim is just as elegant as ever...
And it is hard to believe she only skated 4 times competitively in the last 4 years.
She leaves for a bit...
And when she comes back...
She dominates once again.
The others must really hate her.


I learned to never count the Russians out.
When Yulia Lipnitskaya faltered...
Adelina Sotnikova stepped right in.
She clearly had a chip on her shoulders...
With all the attention Lipnitskaya received...
And she delivered.
Where do the Russians hide these skaters?


Carolina Kostner really surprised me.
She is one of those great skaters...
Who falters at the Olympics...
And this time...
At 27...
It is her moment.
This will be a great final.

Sadly...
Mao Asada is out.
The first time I watched her...
In 2006...
When she was a little too young for the Olympics...
I thought I saw a future mega star.
For the last eight years...
Asada mostly delivered...
And she is the only woman who can do a triple axle in competition...
But Kim Yuna came along and took all of the glory...
And she never reached that transcendent superstar status I foresaw.
Yes...
She will probably head to the hall of fame...
But she misses that quality which could have take her from great to icon status.

After this year...
Women's skating will be very different.
Kim and Asada already said this is their last season...
And I imagine that Kostner would probably follow suit...
Because I believe she stayed around for that shot at an Olympic medal.
Now...
It appears that it will be the age of the U.S. and Russia once again...
Because they seem to have all the best young skaters.
It will be a brand new era...
But it is strangely reminiscent of old times...
When the Soviets and the Americans dominated figure skating.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 09:27 AM
  #347
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I am a little late...
But I finally watched the short program.
Yuna Kim is just as elegant as ever...
And it is hard to believe she only skated 4 times competitively in the last 4 years.
She leaves for a bit...
And when she comes back...
She dominates once again.
The others must really hate her.


I learned to never count the Russians out.
When Yulia Lipnitskaya faltered...
Adelina Sotnikova stepped right in.
She clearly had a chip on her shoulders...
With all the attention Lipnitskaya received...
And she delivered.
Where do the Russians hide these skaters?


Carolina Kostner really surprised me.
She is one of those great skaters...
Who falters at the Olympics...
And this time...
At 27...
It is her moment.
This will be a great final.

Sadly...
Mao Asada is out.
The first time I watched her...
In 2006...
When she was a little too young for the Olympics...
I thought I saw a future mega star.
For the last eight years...
Asada mostly delivered...
And she is the only woman who can do a triple axle in competition...
But Kim Yuna came along and took all of the glory...
And she never reached that transcendent superstar status I foresaw.
Yes...
She will probably head to the hall of fame...
But she misses that quality which could have take her from great to icon status.

After this year...
Women's skating will be very different.
Kim and Asada already said this is their last season...
And I imagine that Kostner would probably follow suit...
Because I believe she stayed around for that shot at an Olympic medal.
Now...
It appears that it will be the age of the U.S. and Russia once again...
Because they seem to have all the best young skaters.
It will be a brand new era...
But it is strangely reminiscent of old times...
When the Soviets and the Americans dominated figure skating.
The Ballad of Sochi Figure Skating

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 09:57 AM
  #348
Solidius
#TankLivesMatter
 
Solidius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Wow, Jones & Co. steal two for 6-3!

I don't know what that means but the announcers sound enthused about it so I suppose that's an exciting thing.

Solidius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 10:10 AM
  #349
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 29,605
vCash: 500
Yeay curling gold.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 10:12 AM
  #350
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I am a little late...
But I finally watched the short program.
Yuna Kim is just as elegant as ever...
And it is hard to believe she only skated 4 times competitively in the last 4 years.
She leaves for a bit...
And when she comes back...
She dominates once again.
The others must really hate her.


I learned to never count the Russians out.
When Yulia Lipnitskaya faltered...
Adelina Sotnikova stepped right in.
She clearly had a chip on her shoulders...
With all the attention Lipnitskaya received...
And she delivered.
Where do the Russians hide these skaters?


Carolina Kostner really surprised me.
She is one of those great skaters...
Who falters at the Olympics...
And this time...
At 27...
It is her moment.
This will be a great final.

Sadly...
Mao Asada is out.
The first time I watched her...
In 2006...
When she was a little too young for the Olympics...
I thought I saw a future mega star.
For the last eight years...
Asada mostly delivered...
And she is the only woman who can do a triple axle in competition...
But Kim Yuna came along and took all of the glory...
And she never reached that transcendent superstar status I foresaw.
Yes...
She will probably head to the hall of fame...
But she misses that quality which could have take her from great to icon status.

After this year...
Women's skating will be very different.
Kim and Asada already said this is their last season...
And I imagine that Kostner would probably follow suit...
Because I believe she stayed around for that shot at an Olympic medal.
Now...
It appears that it will be the age of the U.S. and Russia once again...
Because they seem to have all the best young skaters.
It will be a brand new era...
But it is strangely reminiscent of old times...
When the Soviets and the Americans dominated figure skating.
Yuna Kim is truly a generational talent. She's literally perfect. (TPM can attest to my fangirling of Kim.)

Jennifer Jones goes undefeated to win the gold! I always knew she was going to bring home the gold medal.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.