HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers protected/avail list released

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 06:33 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 26
wait a second, we cant pickup Therien, the rule states you cannot take anyone from your own division
Is this true? First I've heard of it. Anyone have the rule book handy?

Old
10-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 26
wait a second, we cant pickup Therien, the rule states you cannot take anyone from your own division
In the first round. After that, I believe you can pick anyone.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

no therien? oh yeah... that means we get todd simpson then.
his salary is $1.5 million which is very affordable but not many will take him. i would expose malakhov because of his age and salary. 35 and $3.5 million. no one would take him and if they did, simpson is an improvement anyways.

this is the first round order

First round: 1. Carolina. 2. Pittsburgh. 3. Columbus. 4. Florida. 5. Buffalo. 6. San Jose. 7. Nashville. 8. Atlanta. 9. Calgary. 10. Montreal. 11. Phoenix. 12. N.Y. Rangers. 13. Los Angeles. 14. Chicago.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

waiver draft rules

Only non-playoff teams from the 2002-03 season participate in the opening round.

Also in the opening round, no team may claim from another team within its own division.

No team may lose more than three players in the draft unless it chooses to offer more players. Each team's three-player loss limit will increase by the number of draft claims it makes against other teams.

The draft concludes when a round is completed where no team makes a claim.

so if we want therien in the second round we have a shot. expose purinton or mironov after malakhov.

does rule 3 mean we can pick 3 without exposing more players and only have to expose a player if we want to pick a fourth? i really really really don't think so though...

Old
10-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

No, each time a team picks a player, they have to add him to their protected list and expose someone off of it.

Old
10-03-2003, 12:38 AM
BigNastyDawg

What do you guys think about Brian Boucher?

Who would you rather, him or Jussi?

I think Boucher has the potential to be a better backup for dunham than Jussi.

Only thing is his contract

he makes like 1.5mil this season.

Another guy i want us to grab is Simpson

Unprotect Vlad and grab Simpson

Hes a hardnosed D-man with pretty good skills and does all the right things on the ice.

You pair Leetch with Simpson,and Brian could roam free and cause havoc with the puck.

Old
10-03-2003, 04:06 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
For the first pick id want D Todd Simpson and expose Dale Purinton
YEAH!!!. Let's get younger!!! Let's get more homegrown players.!!! Let's get Todd Simpson and expose Purinton. That is obviously a move towards that direction.
Now, Simpson instead of either of the Defenseless Russain Duo is a move I would endorse.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:29 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
YEAH!!!. Let's get younger!!! Let's get more homegrown players.!!! Let's get Todd Simpson and expose Purinton. That is obviously a move towards that direction.
Now, Simpson instead of either of the Defenseless Russain Duo is a move I would endorse.
TB, I really can't believe that you'd still take this hard on a stance on this issue even after it is becoming more and more apparant that even the M+M boys with their shortcomings they are still 10x better than your boy Dale.

Did you see him the other night???It's been the same from him since midpoint last season.The guy has a 35 game strecth where he isn't absolutely horrible and you love him for it!!

Dale's play will force you to come around and accept the truth this yr.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Fletch

Why is Simpson exposed?

that's somewhat surprising to me that a guy, who I believe's been a leader, who has been a tough, steady defenseman who sticks up for his teammates, would be left exposed. I didn't see him much last season, but has he all of the sudden sucked?

Getting him and exposing Purinton does little though (although it's not getting a lot older considering Simpson's only 3 1/2 years older than Dale). But, effectively what would be done is the Rangers get a top six defenseman and lose a seventh defenseman...so some fat-cat would be sitting once Leetch returns. Getting Simpson and cutting ties with Bobo would likely be an upgrade - a bit younger and tougher, and I believe a bit better defensively.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:38 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
TB, I really can't believe that you'd still take this hard on a stance on this issue even after it is becoming more and more apparant that even the M+M boys with their shortcomings they are still 10x better than your boy Dale.
Ok, I'm not going to argue this during 3 threads. Suffice it to say that while Dale's play has been underwhelming, I tried to keep an open mind on the M&M girls, and their play has been FAR from adequate.
Let's call a truce here and agree that obtaining Simpson at the expense of either Dale or one of the Ambiguoulsy Defenseless Russian Duo would not be a horrid thing.

Closed Thread