HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames Rumours Burke Hamrlik Lindros Selanne Bondra

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2005, 08:38 PM
JayRice66

vCash: 500
I'd almost bet Burke ends up in pittsburgh.

So I would say Selanne personally.

Old
08-08-2005, 09:33 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
^ i agree, a player i thought flames should have gone after (but avs got him) was brunette - perfect fit into sutters mold.

of all fwds listed, I see Selanne being the best fit, since Sutter loved him in SJ. But I cant see him moving to LW. Put him 2nd line LW and kobasew to 3rd line (hes still young, take the pressure off him).

Amonte-Langkow-Iginla
Reinprecht-Lombardi-Selanne (selannes presence will help with a young matt at C)
Adding Selanne to the RW means Kobasew or Donovan would be out of a spot.

Iginla, Selanne, McCarty...and than 1 spot left for another RW.

Old
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Red Machine

lol, i never knew Sutter liked Selanne soooo much in San Jose!? The way he plays you would never think Sutter would like him at all. I like the suggestion of Damphousse though, he would be just as good as Conroy when he was here. (just a little bit older)

Old
08-08-2005, 11:06 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan

IF it's down to Kobasew, Donovan and McCarty -- McCarty ends up in the press box. McCarty will be on the Flames' fourth line with Wiemer. As good a checker as he is, Kobase wand Donovan still have elements to their game that McCarty just doesn't offer.

Old
08-09-2005, 01:34 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Can Selanne play LW? The Flames need to shore up the left side in my opinion, and then maybe move Reinprecht back to center. Lombardi is somewhat of a question mark in how he will play after the concussion delivered by the Hatcher elbow. A Selanne signing would give the Flames a lot of options.

Old
08-09-2005, 01:46 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
I would definitely go with Bondra.

Old
08-09-2005, 03:01 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence&Execution
With all the talk of these players rumoured to be heading to Calgary...

Which one of Sean Burke, Roman Hamrlik, Eric Lindros, Temmu Selanne, Petr Bondra would best fit the Calgary Flames?

Amonte - Langkow - Iginla - Leopold - Regehr - Kiprusoff
Reinprecht - Lombardi - Kobasew - Lydman - Phaneuf
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty - Warrener - Ference
Simon - Weimer - Donovan

Darryl Sutter have about 2 - 3 million left if the 34 - 35 million their planning to spend.
Burke makes a lot of sense if Sutter can get him cheap and Turek is going to Europe (haven't heard anything official).

Hamrlik you can pretty much rule out IMO. He's probably the top defenseman left on the market and there are many teams that could desperately use him. As such I expect the bidding to be much, much too high for Sutter to get involved. Sutter seems to go after bargains and I just don't see Hamrlik taking an massively inferior offer to come to Calgary.

Lindros makes some sense if Sutter thinks he has anything left. I think Sutter always loves to add size if the player is a fit. A healthy Lindros is a fit IMO. He'd have to take an incentive laden deal which I believe is allowed for him because of the injuries. I dunno it might happen if Lindros is willing to take a much smaller deal than he's used to.

Selanne and Bondra don't make much sense to me. I think we acquired a similar player in Amonte and thus don't need another of that type. Personally I liked Amonte the most of the 3 anyways. Selanne did not impress me at all last season. Bondra is solid but I don't imagine he would sign for what Amonte did and thus is not as good of a deal for us.

Old
08-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Behn Wilson

I read somewhere that Hamrlik's knees are in bad shape. That may be why noone has offered him a big multi year contract. One GM, I forgot who said in an article that Hamrlik looked like he was skating in pain last year.

Anyone know anything about this?

Old
08-09-2005, 07:16 AM
CalgaryFan1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat Davo
Perrault? Defensive? Do you watch hockey. Perrault is one of the leagues biggest liabilities in his own end. Yikes.

Dave

Firstly, I probably watched more Flames games last year then you did in your whole life, and I was just asking peoples opinions, (Perreault was rumoured to Calgary in 03-04 at the trade deadline and now he is a free agent) I thought maybe it would be a good fit, but no I don't watch a lot of Canadiens games, because I hate them.

Old
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:

i would feel more confident with chuky on the 3rd line rw. Filling shoes as secondary scoring behind a player like Iggy is no easy task - high expectations. Can chuck handle that?

Old
08-09-2005, 07:17 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Machine
lol, i never knew Sutter liked Selanne soooo much in San Jose!? The way he plays you would never think Sutter would like him at all. I like the suggestion of Damphousse though, he would be just as good as Conroy when he was here. (just a little bit older)
Vinny would be awesome ! If we got him, I would even play him on the top line with Iggy and watch Iggy get 50goals again.

Old
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Excellence&Execution

Who's the best fit for the Flames?

Selanne? - Langkow - Iginla
Bondra? - Reinprecht - Iginla
Amonte - Lindros? - Iginla

Hamrlik? - Leopold
Lydman - Regehr
Phaneuf - Warrener
Ference

Hamrlik to Calgary rumours are starting again!

Old
08-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
i would feel more confident with chuky on the 3rd line rw. Filling shoes as secondary scoring behind a player like Iggy is no easy task - high expectations. Can chuck handle that?
I'm pretty confident he can. He's a year older, more mature. And his confidence should be high after being the captain in Lowell and being one of the top goalscorers in the AHL. I expect a good year out of Kobasew.

Old
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Excellence&Execution

We'll most likely start hearing some other rumours of other UFA Goaltenders heading to Calgary now that Burke has signed & Roman Turek has retired?

Unless Darryl Sutter thinks Suave is a capable back-up?

Old
08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Yes, but that means Donovan would be gone (no longer a Flame) if Selanna was acquired for the #2 RW line.

Iginla, Selanna, Kobasew, McCarty....I would much rather have Donovan on the team right now than Selanne (with and knees and such). Kobasew has also really imporved his game over the last year and the AHL was a great thing for him...should have been down there before.

Old
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Yes, but that means Donovan would be gone (no longer a Flame) if Selanna was acquired for the #2 RW line.

Iginla, Selanna, Kobasew, McCarty....I would much rather have Donovan on the team right now than Selanne (with and knees and such). Kobasew has also really imporved his game over the last year and the AHL was a great thing for him...should have been down there before.
I always thought we could have done w.o Mccarty (though I would easily pick him over Wiemer), and just designate Simon to the tuff guy role. I know he can score too, but can be an enforcer as well. Plus we got Wiemer (not big fan of). Simon, Wiemer AND Mac in the lineup all at once is bit overboard on the heavyweights.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Excellence&Execution

Teemu Selanne is next!!!!!

jk Darryl Sutter must be done now?

Or is he Toni Lydman or Jordan Leopold could be moved for another scoring winger?

Old
08-12-2005, 08:50 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence&Execution
Teemu Selanne is next!!!!!

jk Darryl Sutter must be done now?

Or is he Toni Lydman or Jordan Leopold could be moved for another scoring winger?
Leopodl won't be moved..too cheap right now. If the signing is true, Lydman is dealt in possibly a package for a scoring winger or center.

Closed Thread