HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

waiver draft questons

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
waiver draft questons

Calgary-Protects Trefilov, lets McLennan go....anyone know why?

Flordia-Protects guys like Jeff Paul, Paul Elliot, Craig MacDonald, Dmitri Tolkunov, Scott Kelman?.....but lets Novoseltsev and Bednar walk. What the hell is that all about?

Fleury, CuJo(surprise, surprise), Jeff Heerema, Therien, Todd Simpson, Boucher, Savage, Todd Harvey,Novoseltsev, timander, Sheilds are available.

Old
10-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Novoseltsev and timander are other known names available

Old
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
sting_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Flordia-Protects guys like Jeff Paul, Paul Elliot, Craig MacDonald, Dmitri Tolkunov, Scott Kelman?.....but lets Novoseltsev and Bednar walk. What the hell is that all about?
All indictions are it has to do with money. Novoseltsev and Bednar are on one-way contracts. MacDonald, Tolkunov, Paul, Elliot and Kelman are not.

Personally, I hope both Bednar and Novoseltsev are picked up, and it ends up biting Dudley in the (know where where).

Old
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
avfan#21

protecting Trefilov allows Calgary to pick a goalie if one is available that they want. You have to expose a goalie if you pick one up I believe.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Captain8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting_fan
All indictions are it has to do with money. Novoseltsev and Bednar are on one-way contracts. MacDonald, Tolkunov, Paul, Elliot and Kelman are not.

Personally, I hope both Bednar and Novoseltsev are picked up, and it ends up biting Dudley in the (know where where).
I think Dudley's willing to take some pain back there for the money.

He saved the org some cash last year when he dumped Ozolinsh and Yushkevich, but player-wise he has very little to show for it now.

And if it is about the cash, then it may also be about trying to come up with some more to give to Horton in time for the opener.

Anyway, I wonder if the Anaheim Murrays have some interest in Novo.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
protecting Trefilov allows Calgary to pick a goalie if one is available that they want. You have to expose a goalie if you pick one up I believe.

ahhhh, ok that makes sense. I forgot about that rule.

Old
10-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Calgary-Protects Trefilov, lets McLennan go....anyone know why?
I would say it's obvious Sutter would like to upgrade our backup position. He's dangling McLennan hoping someone might take him. OR he might have a deal arranged to guarantee someone takes him. OR if he goes unclaimed we might buy him out.

Should be interesting to see if Calgary claims one of the other goaltenders available.

Closed Thread