HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXVI - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2014, 02:44 AM
  #101
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
That would totally makes sense. There must be a reason why Yzerman said he won't be on TC again; he doesn't want to be in this situation again.
or he'd rather focus on his team. and for what it's worth, coaches dont get medals. hockey canada makes them a plaque or something

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:49 AM
  #102
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
or he'd rather focus on his team. and for what it's worth, coaches dont get medals. hockey canada makes them a plaque or something
Yzerman doesn't realize it but he is a puppet on a string, owners don't want tho in 2018, he is towing the company line. Yzerman is the Ultimate company man, always has been, always will be.

macavoy is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
  #103
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 50
The whole St-Louis - Callahan trade Rumor is crazy

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 07:56 AM
  #104
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
The whole St-Louis - Callahan trade Rumor is crazy
I don't know if it's true or not but if Marty really asked for a trade because he wasn't selected on Team Canada that's pretty poor judment on his part

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 08:11 AM
  #105
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't know if it's true or not but if Marty really asked for a trade because he wasn't selected on Team Canada that's pretty poor judment on his part
Perhaps there's more to it. Perhaps he didn't feel as though his GM was being above board with him during the process. Maybe he felt Steve didn't fight hard enough.

We felt MB and MT didn't help PK very much at all this season when it came to the selection process, it's possible Marty feels the same and is too old to be disrespected. Dunno.

loudi94 is online now  
Old
02-25-2014, 12:49 PM
  #106
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,186
vCash: 50
If you are looking for something to watch tonight:

Quote:
@BuffNewsVogl: John Scott will play defense tonight for Sabres, who will give Olympian Henrik Tallinder a day off. Zenon Konopka scratched up front.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
02-25-2014, 01:06 PM
  #107
Alexdaman
Wolfman
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell/Heaven
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
If you are looking for something to watch tonight:



The sabres this year is probably the worst NHL team in 15 years.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
  #108
Alexdaman
Wolfman
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell/Heaven
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Perhaps there's more to it. Perhaps he didn't feel as though his GM was being above board with him during the process. Maybe he felt Steve didn't fight hard enough.

We felt MB and MT didn't help PK very much at all this season when it came to the selection process, it's possible Marty feels the same and is too old to be disrespected. Dunno.
How is it MT and MB job to select players for team Canada? If anything their silence only helped PK's case, I'm sure PK feels absolutely indifferent about it.

In the case of MSL, it was a direct decision by his general manager and I don't think that Marty wants to leave the Bolts because of it, if he wants to leave it will be in the summer after the PO.


Last edited by Alexdaman: 02-25-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Alexdaman is offline  
Old
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
  #109
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
If you are looking for something to watch tonight:



In fairness, John Scott broke into the NHL as a D-Man and until he went to New York, he still played the position. It was Torts that turned him into a "winger" enforcer.

PsychoticHab is offline  
Old
02-25-2014, 01:13 PM
  #110
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
If you are looking for something to watch tonight:



They really want that 1st overall pick!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
  #111
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,719
vCash: 19400
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Expensive Olympics both Tavares and Zetterberg lost.
Interesting piece about how the Olympics might matter for those teams that sent 7 or more players to Sochi: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/25/sp...ef=sports&_r=2

Runner77 is online now  
Old
02-25-2014, 03:33 PM
  #112
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 26,941
vCash: 500
The Las Vegas Wrangler will play on the casino roof next year. Pretty cool.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...as-vegas-plaza

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
02-25-2014, 09:25 PM
  #113
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
If you are looking for something to watch tonight:



Statistically speaking, John Scott actually had a pretty good game.

PsychoticHab is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 11:20 PM
  #114
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
so i tuned into the blues vancouver game, thinking it'd be better than whatever the habs had going for them tonight.

im not having a good night hockey wise

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 11:45 PM
  #115
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 27,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
so i tuned into the blues vancouver game, thinking it'd be better than whatever the habs had going for them tonight.

im not having a good night hockey wise
Should have watched Colorado/LA. Good up to the end.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now  
Old
02-27-2014, 01:54 AM
  #116
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Should have watched Colorado/LA. Good up to the end.
Yeah, that actually ended up being a very good game. It was impressive to see a PP that actually looked like it knew what it was doing.

PsychoticHab is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 02:34 AM
  #117
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
Yeah, that actually ended up being a very good game. It was impressive to see a PP that actually looked like it knew what it was doing.
having a ton of very early picks (2 first overall, a 2nd and a third overall) will do that to a team

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 02:55 AM
  #118
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
SHUT UP, TOM!!!
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 69,251
vCash: 114
I love those types of teams. So much youth and speed. I wish we had that. It's why I enjoy watching Chicago and Colorado so much.

Busy day tomorrow, yay.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 03:15 AM
  #119
MDN
Registered User
 
MDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
I love those types of teams. So much youth and speed. I wish we had that. It's why I enjoy watching Chicago and Colorado so much.

Busy day tomorrow, yay.
All we have to do is tank and suck as much as they did, get picks, then in a few years, were there

MDN is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 12:07 PM
  #120
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,934
vCash: 500
Girardi is reportedly seeking a six-year deal worth $5.5 million, which is considered a pretty sound market-value deal. It is not believed the two sides are significantly far apart, though Girardi could be one of the most attractive rental players on the market and fetch an enticing return for the Blueshirts if they decide to move him.

From ESPN

If he wants that from NYR he would probably cost the Habs 7 years and 42 mil as a UFA...crazy money for "Josh Gorges on steroids". I personally would rather spend big on a Vanek at 7-8 mil/year than 6 mil on a guy that should be #3 on a top team.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 12:10 PM
  #121
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Girardi is reportedly seeking a six-year deal worth $5.5 million, which is considered a pretty sound market-value deal. It is not believed the two sides are significantly far apart, though Girardi could be one of the most attractive rental players on the market and fetch an enticing return for the Blueshirts if they decide to move him.

From ESPN

If he wants that from NYR he would probably cost the Habs 7 years and 42 mil as a UFA...crazy money for "Josh Gorges on steroids". I personally would rather spend big on a Vanek at 7-8 mil/year than 6 mil on a guy that should be #3 on a top team.
Must...go after....vanek...!

Redux91 is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
  #122
Pricef*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The sabres this year is probably the worst NHL team in 15 years.
And yet they beat the Briuns last night in OT

Pricef* is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 07:08 PM
  #123
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BargainBinVille
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
...Johan Franzen is kickin' the living crap outta Ottawa right now...

BigDaddyLurch is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 07:33 PM
  #124
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,222
vCash: 135
2 goals for MSL. Driving up his trade value to help out Stevie Y

JayKing is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 07:48 PM
  #125
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,048
vCash: 500
Sens losing 6-1 to the Wings with 15 minutes left in the 2nd. Mule with the hat trick.

sheed36 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.