HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2014, 08:56 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Sherbrooke beat Halifax once too, that doesn't make Sherbrooke a better team than Halifax.

That being said Halifax belongs in the top6 easily.
My point is Halifax has gone in and beaten a lot of these teams in Quebec that are all so much better then Halifax according to some and they haven't just beaten up on the maritime's. This is to monctonscout but yoou honestly think VD and Rouyn are better then Halifax? I mean Rouyn is sitting in 9th in the league right now. Also how exactly does Halifax have a lack of depth? We have the best top 6 in the league and a third line that can chip in.

Old
03-06-2014, 09:36 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Well I guess we will just have to wait and see come PO time

I don't see how anyone could say Halifax are not a top contender.

And did you call RN better? Didn't Halifax give them a propper record setting beating at the beginning of the season?

Old
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Well I guess we will just have to wait and see come PO time

I don't see how anyone could say Halifax are not a top contender.

And did you call RN better? Didn't Halifax give them a propper record setting beating at the beginning of the season?
Halifax isn't the dominant team they were last year. But that isn't to say they aren't a contender this year.

The team as is can win the Q. Win a Mem Cup? Not likely at all, I think that one is looking like London's. I'd love to see Sudbury win it....dear God please.

Old
03-06-2014, 10:20 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Halifax isn't the dominant team they were last year. But that isn't to say they aren't a contender this year.

The team as is can win the Q. Win a Mem Cup? Not likely at all, I think that one is looking like London's. I'd love to see Sudbury win it....dear God please.
For sure

But we are talking this season, and to me they are a contender.. Not the top contender, but a top contender! And definitely better than some of the teams getting thrown around like RN.

I agree on the second part, the mem cup is prolly too much But im just talking the Q here

I wouldn't mind seeing Portland taking revenge for last year and win it
They play awesome hockey.

Old
03-06-2014, 10:25 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Don't think it's London's at all right now. We'll see if they come together in the playoffs but the dub teams look filthy this season.

Old
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
That is just not true. Halifax has wins this year against BAC,Quebec,Rimouski, and Gatineau. No doubt the Quebec division is far better then the Maritime division but to say that Halifax isn't in the top 6 teams in the league is just absolutely ridiculous.
What's their record against each division?

Old
03-06-2014, 11:49 AM
S Bah

Still here pulling for the Habs to draft Alex Tuch, Connor Chatham, Beau Starrett and Alex Vanier. These players are the glue types needed for the playoffs in 4-5 yrs and will be highly sought after by the opposing teams, when developed properly in Hamilton. Add Jacob Sweeney to possible defence pick also he has blossomed playing in Moncton and has the size needed for the future Habs defence.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-06-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old
03-06-2014, 11:53 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
My point is Halifax has gone in and beaten a lot of these teams in Quebec that are all so much better then Halifax according to some and they haven't just beaten up on the maritime's. This is to monctonscout but yoou honestly think VD and Rouyn are better then Halifax? I mean Rouyn is sitting in 9th in the league right now. Also how exactly does Halifax have a lack of depth? We have the best top 6 in the league and a third line that can chip in.
I'm not disagreeing with you when you say Halifax is a top team in the league, what I'm saying is that your argument is flawed.

Beating a team on one given night and beating that said team 4 times out of 7 is VERY different.

As for that top6 forward thing, I think there are teams that could arguably challenge it, notably Gatineau, Québec, Drummondville, Baie-Comeau, Rimouski and Val-D'or. Sure Halifax has a lot of firepower, but I'm not sure they have enough this year to play that brand of hockey and be as successful in the playoffs.

There are a lot of teams that could go far in the playoffs this year, and teams like Rouyn and Victo will give a good run for their money even if they are not President cup contenders because they play a hard crash and bang type of game.

Halifax is equipped to deal with those teams, but unlike last season, they don't have the depth they had to overcome eventual injuries from top players.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 03-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old
03-06-2014, 12:01 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you when you say Halifax is a top team in the league, what I'm saying is that your argument is flawed.

Beating a team on one given night and beating that said team 4 times out of 7 is VERY different.

As for that top6 thing, I think there are teams that could challenge it, notably Gatineau, Québec, Drummondville, Baie-Comeau, Rimouski and Val-D'or. Sure Halifax has a lot of firepower, but I'm not sure they have enough this year to play that brand of hockey in the playoffs.

There are a lot of teams that could go far in the playoffs this year, and teams like Rouyn and Victo will give a good run for their money even if they are not President cup contenders because they play a hard crash and bang type of game.

Halifax is equipped to deal with those teams, but unlike last season, they don't have the depth they had to overcome eventual injuries from top players.
Very true, they have lost most of their games when missing key players to injuries and the WJC.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:29 PM
S Bah

Quote:

As for that top6 forward thing, I think there are teams that could arguably challenge it, notably Gatineau, Québec, Drummondville, Baie-Comeau, Rimouski and Val-D'or. Sure Halifax has a lot of firepower, but I'm not sure they have enough this year to play that brand of hockey and be as successful in the playoffs.

Regardless of the team's play, Ehlers is still one of the best players available in the 2014 Entry Draft, and playing with Drouin will only improve his abilities.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:

To be honest how many teams ever have depth like Halifax had last year? I am not trying to say Halifax is the best team in the league, but I don't know how you can't objectively say they aren't better then teams like Val-D'or, Rouyn, and Drummondville? In my opinion BAC is a step above the rest of the league and then BLB,Halifax,Rimouski,Gatineau, and possibly Quebec are all in that next group of teams that could make a run at the cup. I mean that is what I really had a problem with, I never said I thought they were the best team in the league I just think they are getting sold short by certain people this season.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
To be honest how many teams ever have depth like Halifax had last year? I am not trying to say Halifax is the best team in the league, but I don't know how you can't objectively say they aren't better then teams like Val-D'or, Rouyn, and Drummondville? In my opinion BAC is a step above the rest of the league and then BLB,Halifax,Rimouski,Gatineau, and possibly Quebec are all in that next group of teams that could make a run at the cup. I mean that is what I really had a problem with, I never said I thought they were the best team in the league I just think they are getting sold short by certain people this season.
I got your point, I disputed your way of defending Halifax. You can't just take a game here and there to say they are a better team, especially if you take games early in the year. Some rosters don't have the same shape that they had in November.

Rimouski didn't seem so fierce a couple of months ago, now they're on fire. And Québec with the addition of Grigorenko could do some major damage. They can score as much as any team in the league, including Halifax.

Herzog - Grigorenko - Sorensen
Duclair - Erne - Archambault
Chapman - Etchegary - Boivin

Old
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
I got your point, I disputed your way of defending Halifax. You can't just take a game here and there to say they are a better team, especially if you take games early in the year. Some rosters don't have the same shape that they had in November.

Rimouski didn't seem so fierce a couple of months ago, now they're on fire. And Québec with the addition of Grigorenko could do some major damage. They can score as much as any team in the league, including Halifax.

Herzog - Grigorenko - Sorensen
Duclair - Erne - Archambault
Chapman - Etchegary - Boivin
Yet another HFX-QC series would be good. Is Hfx in their heads? Is Qc motivated to destroy Hfx?

I think it would be a great long series.

Old
03-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
Man Ehlers stock went up like crazy, was a potential target for the Habs now he's lock for top10?

Old
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Perlini's combination of hands and skating... Long stick but he somehow dangles left and right. Always in control. He's big but really not physical at all.

Old
03-06-2014, 07:27 PM
pcamp

God im so happy that we got Vanek and kept our 1rst round pick. We still have plenty of assets to move up too

Old
03-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Man Ehlers stock went up like crazy, was a potential target for the Habs now he's lock for top10?

I think people questioned Ehler's size, but his skill makes him a Top 10 pick. In all honesty, I don't think Ehler is much smaller than Drouin was last year.

Old
03-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
How much does playing for KalPa affect Kapanen ? Their team is terrible even worse than the year before. To put it in perspective, Kapanen has 5 games to get 20 points to tie what Lehkonen put up the year before.

To further prove how bad this team is, Lehkonen leads the team in points despite being upwards of 17 games behind some players. He only has 20 which rankeds 85th, or something around there in the league for points.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:04 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How much does playing for KalPa affect Kapanen ? Their team is terrible even worse than the year before. To put it in perspective, Kapanen has 5 games to get 20 points to tie what Lehkonen put up the year before.

To further prove how bad this team is, Lehkonen leads the team in points despite being upwards of 17 games behind some players. He only has 20 which rankeds 85th, or something around there in the league for points.
Man, they suck so much and it will have a negative impact. Not enough to make him drop out of the top20, that's for sure.

Old
03-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Et le But

KalPa is a disaster, I'm sure scouts will understand that.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
rockjngo

Nikolaj Ehlers

From NHL mock draft:
Markus Naslund (Skill)
Pavel Bure (Speed)
Peter Forsberg (Seeing the ice)

Mix (Nathan MacKinnon/Jonathan Drouin)

Patrick Kane (Style of play)

Galchenyuk to Ehlers sold sold sold

Old
03-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Et le But

If we drafted Ehlers (sadly likely not possible), this board would explode with hate. "Another smurf!!!! "

Old
03-08-2014, 03:50 PM
JAVO16

If we draft Ehlers, it would mean that the team had an epic nosedive down the stretch.

Old
03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Krnage

vCash: 400
not a 2014 prospect ,..but what a goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbeoNdT2sQg

Old
03-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
not a 2014 prospect ,..but what a goal

v=JbeoNdT2sQg
Tolchinsky should have been drafted. I mean, not in the first rounds, not even mid-rounds, but when 6th and 7th rounder happen to be rolling the dice type of players.....well he should have been drafted. I hope he is this year.

Closed Thread