HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor Thread 3.0: Gagner fit for a King?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2014, 12:38 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Not sure if its been discussed, but Stauffer mentioned on Friday the possibility of Hemsky to Montreal (to play with Plekanec) for either a 2nd or a 'B' prospect.

I'm sick of draft picks.
My opinion:

'A' prospects:
Bournival
Collberg
Tinordi
Beaulieu

'B' prospects:
Hudon
Thrower
De La Rose
McCarron

I remember in the '12 draft a lot of fans were hoping to get Dalton Thrower (big d-man) with their 2nd, but we ended up with Moroz.

I'd love to get Tinordi though
I'd be OK getting de la Rose or McCarron. Wanted both of them to fall to our second last year. Not sure if Mtl would be that anxious to deal such recent picks though. Think I'd prefer de la Rose, would potentially be a good fit as a 2/3 C/LW.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
McCarron straight up for Hemsky would work for me. As long as our core is a bunch of smallish skilled players we need to surround them with beef to balance the team a bit. McCarron is 6'5" and 237lbs. as an 18 year old, that's a big kid!

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 02-16-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old
02-16-2014, 02:39 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
McCarron straight up for Hemsky would work for me. As long as our core is a bunch of smallish skilled players we need to surround them with beef to balance the team a bit. McCarron is 6'5" and 237lbs. as an 18 year old, that's a big kid!
I've only seen him play once at the beginning of the season, but at least in terms of stats McCarron is having a pretty terrible year in London.

edit: Which might make him easier to acquire, I'd still be interested.

Old
02-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Lindo

Montreal has some great prospects, but McCarron isn't one of them. Prospects that don't average over .50 ppg in the season after their draft usually are ones that don't amount too much. They have a lot to like though, and could be an interesting option.

Old
02-16-2014, 03:06 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Not only is McCarron not producing, he's a 6'5", 230lbs+ *****cat. But that's always been the case.

02-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I've only seen him play once at the beginning of the season, but at least in terms of stats McCarron is having a pretty terrible year in London.

edit: Which might make him easier to acquire, I'd still be interested.
His stats aren't great but London has traditionally rolled their top 2 lines heavily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Not only is McCarron not producing, he's a 6'5", 230lbs+ *****cat. But that's always been the case.
7 fights this season, none of which he lost by my eye = a *****cat?

Old
02-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Whats the story on De La Rose?

02-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
His stats aren't great but London has traditionally rolled their top 2 lines heavily.
He's being outproduced by 9 forwards on his team. Yeah he was a first rounder but wasn't he ranked in the 3rd round?

It's possible the Habs got tricked by his size and valued it too highly. Do you want to also make the same mistake?

Old
02-16-2014, 04:15 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Not sure if its been discussed, but Stauffer mentioned on Friday the possibility of Hemsky to Montreal (to play with Plekanec) for either a 2nd or a 'B' prospect.

I'm sick of draft picks.
My opinion:

'A' prospects:
Bournival
Collberg
Tinordi
Beaulieu

'B' prospects:
Hudon
Thrower
De La Rose
McCarron

I remember in the '12 draft a lot of fans were hoping to get Dalton Thrower (big d-man) with their 2nd, but we ended up with Moroz.

I'd love to get Tinordi though
De La Rose is the most appealing IMO, but he might even be considered an "A" propect? McCarron would be the other player I would do 1 for 1.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:20 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Whats the story on De La Rose?
Scouting report makes him sound like a poor mans Landeskog. Not the most skilled offensively, but plays with an edge, likes physical play, very solid two way game and a natural leader. Also has decent size at 6'2", 190lbs; just needs to fill in a bit.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
He's being outproduced by 9 forwards on his team. Yeah he was a first rounder but wasn't he ranked in the 3rd round?

It's possible the Habs got tricked by his size and valued it too highly. Do you want to also make the same mistake?
The kid is huge and is tough. Hemsky is on the outs anyway, unless we can get a player with size and better skill for Hemsky, I'd take a shot at him.

5 of the forwards that have more points than him are older than him and the 2 that are the same age happen to be much higher 1st round picks in Domi and Horvat. Look at a guy like Moroz, he didn't do a whole lot in his post draft year, but a year later has really taken off.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:53 PM
RebuildTheRebuild

vCash: 200
Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 13m
Agree that D Ladislav Smid will be dealt before March 5 NHL trade deadline. Would be a nice fit on Caps' blue line. #CapitalsTalk

This seems like more speculation but Smid could be traded again. A rough year for him so far.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 13m
Agree that D Ladislav Smid will be dealt before March 5 NHL trade deadline. Would be a nice fit on Caps' blue line. #CapitalsTalk

This seems like more speculation but Smid could be traded again. A rough year for him so far.
Would be a kick to the nuts if the Flames are able to get a 1st rounder/top prospect if they traded Smid.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Would be a kick to the nuts if the Flames are able to get a 1st rounder/top prospect if they traded Smid.
It won't matter if they get a 7th for him, people will still claim we got screwed.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:05 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It won't matter if they get a 7th for him, people will still claim we got screwed.
thats because we DID get screwed in that trade

Old
02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Dabomb

Kings unlikely to resume Sam Gagner trade talks

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2thEM9qtT

Old
02-18-2014, 01:16 PM
misfit

"We couldn't get him for this ****-sandwich offer so we don't want him anymore."

Frankly, I'm relieved if that's true. Trading Gagner is one thing. Trading him for 4th liners is another.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:18 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post

Never heard of her, but she makes it sound like there hasn't been any talks since the freeze. I'd be shocked if MacT hasn't talked to DL since the freeze.

Is she reliable? As it's usually Helen or the Mayor who is credible out of LA.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:20 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
The return WILL be a kick in the nuts if Calgary deals him. We should've been offering him for Orlov

02-18-2014, 01:29 PM
matmik*

If the chance to flush Gagner has been lost, we can in part blame those bloggers who hold some bizarre fetishistic attachment to this lost cause of a second line center.
Of course, most blame rests on MacTavish's endless indecision and over-estimation of Gagner's value.
As I have consistently said, addition by subtraction , just put Gagner on waivers and call up Arcobello. The team improves immediately and gains cap space.
The last 25 games of the season cannot have him playing as an Oiler.
Imperative.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmik View Post
If the chance to flush Gagner has been lost, we can in part blame those bloggers who hold some bizarre fetishistic attachment to this lost cause of a second line center.
Of course, most blame rests on MacTavish's endless indecision and over-estimation of Gagner's value.
As I have consistently said, addition by subtraction , just put Gagner on waivers and call up Arcobello. The team improves immediately and gains cap space.
Imperative.
Honestly, I'm sincerely suprised you haven't won any awards for being the most level headed, least bias and least hyperbolic poster here. Just so much "good sense" in there.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:47 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmik View Post
Imperative.
While I agree in trying to move Gagner to better balance our roster, it is not "imperative" that we move him prior to the deadline. In fact, we're probably better off keeping him down the stretch where he usually plays his best hockey to help boost his value for a trade prior to the draft.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Lindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post

I like to hear this.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
RebuildTheRebuild

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
While I agree in trying to move Gagner to better balance our roster, it is not "imperative" that we move him prior to the deadline. In fact, we're probably better off keeping him down the stretch where he usually plays his best hockey to help boost his value for a trade prior to the draft.
I think we have to be careful though to not hold on to Gagner hoping that he can turn it around and boost his value. It is pretty much what we did with Hemsky and now we are struggling to even offload the guy. I am pretty sure that this won't happen to Gagner as he can still turn it around but I think there is quite the risk in just banking on someone to reach the value you think they should have.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:59 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
thats because we DID get screwed in that trade
A little early to call it at this point. Calgary is already willing to throw the guy on the scrap heap and we have a decent goalie prospect and 3.5mil we don't have to pay to another third pairing boat anchor.

Closed Thread