HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pominville

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 08:48 PM
TomHBlain

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Pominville

So do you guys think he'll fit on the roster this year? If so where do you think he will be? He's put up nice numbers in the AHL.

Old
08-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
So do you guys think he'll fit on the roster this year? If so where do you think he will be? He's put up nice numbers in the AHL.
He'll fit in quite nicely on the Amerks top line next to Chris Taylor again this year.

He does not really fit the big club's roster. Consider they have over 15 forwards viaing for spots of whom, many have talents better suited to third and fourth line duty. Since he's not big, quick but not fast, and is not physical... he likely has to spend time on one of the top two units to thrive. That means displacing Afinogenov, Dumont, Grier and probably Mair as the top 4 on RW. With Kotalik a bigger body, Thorburn a physical menace, and Pyatt likely to get some time on the right side again in camp, there isn't much of an opening for him to impress.

08-07-2005, 10:24 PM
eyeisnikk

I dont think Pommy will make the team. HOWEVER, theres this new rule that will make pommy, miller, guastad, and mcmorrow all have to clear waiver in order for them to be sent down.

I HATE THIS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
08-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
We should trade him now before we possibly lose him from nothing. He'll quite possibly never be on our roster, which is only partially his fault.

Old
08-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeisnikk
I dont think Pommy will make the team. HOWEVER, theres this new rule that will make pommy, miller, guastad, and mcmorrow all have to clear waiver in order for them to be sent down.

I HATE THIS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the rule too, however if a player is still under his entry level contract he is immune.

Old
08-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
I hate the rule too, however if a player is still under his entry level contract he is immune.
Thats how it is for Triple A Baseball

Closed Thread