HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1 (DD SUCKS ASS)

Old
02-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

vCash: 500

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM 12m

#Habs: "J'ai eu peur. C'était impossible de ne pas penser à Sotchi." - Pacioretty. Aucune fracture, juste spasmes au dos et contusions.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
DD scored 2 goals WITHOUT Pacioretty
Awesome game by DD tonight....no doubt.

But since day 1, poeple praise the "point producer".....and it's not always the right guy.

Did Gallagher EVER played on a line that is "not working"?
Since day 1, whoever play with him, since his debut...i don't think i ever saw players underperforming with Gallagher.

Prust, Galchenyuk, Eller, Desharnais, even Pacioretty and now Bourque.

I've seen all those players getting more offensive with Gallagher than any other player.
I've been saying this for a while. It's the reason that I voted for Gally in the 3rd most valuable player thread.

On a side note I'd like to see DD and Patches separated for a bit. Apparently DD stops being afraid to shoot when Patches is gone. I get so sick of watching pass up perfectly good shooting opportunities to try and set someone else up.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:10 PM
akratique

DD obviously can't produce without Patches.

akratique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Who need Pacioretty? #FreeDD

Ryan ****ing White #3rdStar

I bet Subban and Prust got drunk last night WTF game by both

Weise > Diaz AINEC

Price4Sochi

I want a GIF of Plekanec squirting Gatorade in Gionta face at the end of the game please! (RDS feed)

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:16 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPFORUMRDS View Post
Gotcha. Yeah i remember that rofl.Was crazy. So from what i understand i CANT BE ANY UNDER CIRCONSTANCE neutral? Oh man...
You mean like being happy that DD is producing in his offensive role AND being happy with Eller's defensive play and wish for him to turn it on offensively, you know, because it helps the Habs win?

No, you can't.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Chad2Badd

vCash: 361
I don't wanna say that Weise is a better player than Diaz but he's bringing energy + he's 25yo.

Only time will tell us.

Chad2Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

White has been great since returning. Playing like the White we deemed untouchable in the 2010-11 season again.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
You Canadians will feel the thunder of the goalscoring talent of Team USA this year. Who knows, maybe player #67 will get the GWG.
Yep, maybe for the bronze medal. I see a final between two euro teams. Canada will have trouble adjusting to the bigger ice.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yep, maybe for the bronze medal. I see a final between two euro teams. Canada will have trouble adjusting to the bigger ice.
russia definitely gets a medal this year IMO canada v. usa game for bronze or gold

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:21 PM
RIPFORUMRDS

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 Bad Request View Post
You mean like being happy that DD is producing in his offensive role AND being happy with Eller's defensive play and wish for him to turn it on offensively, you know, because it helps the Habs win?

No, you can't.
Noted but ill try to be different. Can I ?

And yeah thats exactly what i meant. Please get out of my head. Unless you like being in a mind of a psyko.

RIPFORUMRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
He has 32 points in the last 37 games. I like how 37/59 games are 'a short sample size of good play'.

Meh, whatever your post is fine, just caught my eye. If DD had the same point pace and he was not 5'7'' and non-physical, he'd cost a hell of a lot more.
I know he has 37 point s in last 32 games, but there were some stinkers in the middle of his scoring streak...that 13-game stretch where he played 20 minutes a night with heavy PP time, but only had 7 points and was crap defensively comes to mind..remember a couple of weeks ago when we were horrible?

But let's say for the sake of non argument he's been good for 37 games..you consider that a definitive number of games? Even Bourque has had "good" half seasons. I'm not ready to assume he's going to be great down the stretch and in the playoffs..that remains to be seen. He was horrid versus the Senators last spring.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Honestly, ive seen many racial issues on this forum, not on the habs page but others page so IDK. And no i didnt made my mind , im just trying to understand. Dont assume please

As for my walk in the sun, i stated earlier i was not a big fan of him nor a hater either. I like him when he play good and i hated him at the beginning of the season.
Ah, my apologies then.

However, it doesn't change the fact that the "Eller/Desharnais" argument Desharanais' fans have presented to you is in fact false. While I can't speak for other so-called detractors, my main point relates to opportunity cost:

Is the heavy investment of offensive assets (like our best sniper, our best aggressive winger, top shelf PP time) into one player worth the trade off of lowered production / effectiveness of other players?

Desharnais' supporters will say it is. They'll say that the Habs invest all those opportunities into Desharanais cause he's the asset that provides the best return on that investment. They'll argue that it's not about redistributing the offensive chances now, but rather getting more productive assets for Plekanec and Eller, so that a redistribution makes more sense.

In contrast, the opposing view is actually NOT a Eller/Desharnais conversation, but more of a Galchenyuk question. Desharnais' detractors will ask "Which of the 3 centers would you want over the next 3 years?":

Desharnais-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
-or-
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller

Basically, the argument is that Galchenyuk would be a better offensive investment than Desharnais. In turn, since he provides a higher return, you don't need to invest so many of our offensive assets into him, and can thus reassign some of them to Plekanec and Eller, and thus boost their productivity as well.

Obviously, since we're on the Internet and have reached almost a full Eller thread and 3 full Desharnais threads, there's a great deal of variations on these basic frameworks, but these are the general arguments, at least IMO.

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:24 PM
RIPFORUMRDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I know he has 37 point s in last 32 games, but there were some stinkers in the middle of his scoring streak...that 13-game stretch where he played 20 minutes a night with heavy PP time, but only had 7 points and was crap defensively comes to mind..remember a couple of weeks ago when we were horrible?

But let's say for the sake of non argument he's been good for 37 games..you consider that a definitive number of games? Even Bourque has had "good" half seasons. I'm not ready to assume he's going to be great down the stretch and in the playoffs..that remains to be seen. Everyone was horrid versus the Senators last spring.

Fixed that for you.

And i can only agree, time will tell us if DD can step up his game when its really important ( playoff )

Old
02-08-2014, 08:26 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

But let's say for the sake of non argument he's been good for 37 games..you consider that a definitive number of games? Even Bourque has had "good" half seasons. I'm not ready to assume he's going to be great down the stretch and in the playoffs..that remains to be seen. He was horrid versus the Senators last spring.
I'm not a DD fan but i must admit he upped his defensive game lately. I think he can be ok in the playoff, i think it's the first time i actually like his attitude and game.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Price My Man Crush

We'll see in the playoffs if DD doesn't suck ass. I'll be the one who's laughing.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 143
Quote:
Fixed that for you.

And i can only agree, time will tell us if DD can step up his game when its really important ( playoff )
Bourque, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Subban were not horrible versus the Sens.

c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
SB164

Heather Engel ‏@engelheather

Since the 5-0 loss to WSH, Habs are 5-1-1 and have held opposition to eight goals total (two goals against or less in each game, 2 SO).

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Pricef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Not official, but I'm told initial prognosis on Pacioretty is that while he won't return tonight, he's expected to be good to go for Sochi.
No sheet Sherlock

Pricef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:30 PM
CH25

Tampa taking the lead late in the third.

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RIPFORUMRDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
Ah, my apologies then.

However, it doesn't change the fact that the "Eller/Desharnais" argument Desharanais' fans have presented to you is in fact false. While I can't speak for other so-called detractors, my main point relates to opportunity cost:

Is the heavy investment of offensive assets (like our best sniper, our best aggressive winger, top shelf PP time) into one player worth the trade off of lowered production / effectiveness of other players?

Desharnais' supporters will say it is. They'll say that the Habs invest all those opportunities into Desharanais cause he's the asset that provides the best return on that investment. They'll argue that it's not about redistributing the offensive chances now, but rather getting more productive assets for Plekanec and Eller, so that a redistribution makes more sense.

In contrast, the opposing view is actually NOT a Eller/Desharnais conversation, but more of a Galchenyuk question. Desharnais' detractors will ask "Which of the 3 centers would you want over the next 3 years?":

-or-

Basically, the argument is that Galchenyuk would be a better offensive investment than Desharnais. In turn, since he provides a higher return, you don't need to invest so many of our offensive assets into him, and can thus reassign some of them to Plekanec and Eller, and thus boost their productivity as well.

Obviously, since we're on the Internet and have reached almost a full Eller thread and 3 full Desharnais threads, there's a great deal of variations on these basic frameworks, but these are the general arguments, at least IMO.
I vote for option #2. But in order to do that galchenyuk need to play center and i dont know how the coaching staff can find him ice time, unless they trade one of them.

Glad someone took time to answer my question, really appreciate the time you took.Make more sense now to me as why. Putting him with our best offen asset yeah i see the point.

I guess i should go look at those thread so i wont waste people time haha.

Old
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
neither was white considering he was hurt.

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:31 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well, that's a different question. This debate is more about Galchenyuk himself. Is he ready right to handle the 1st line center position?

I'm pretty sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind that Galchenyuk will be Habs 1st line center in 3 years, and probably as soon as next year.

That doesn't explains why some posters actually hate the fact that Desharnais is producing right now, even if Galchenyuk is injured (which was the original topic here).

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:31 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Ah, my apologies then.

-or-

Oh. OK. You are arguing for three years from now. I get it now.

In the meantime, we are playing this season and DD is doing a pretty good job. So can we drop the DD bashing with the understanding that 3 years is over a 1000 days away?

A lot can and will happen between now and then.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:32 PM
RIPFORUMRDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
Right... but i was assuming everyone would understand my point. Assuming is bad. Bad me. Still... 4 players on 22 or 23 is almost everyone.