HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1 (DD SUCKS ASS)

Old
02-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Bourque - DD - Gally played well enough together that MT should try it out again and put Patches with Eller or maybe Plekanec. I'm really looking forward to getting Galchenyuk back too.

We're going to have too many forwards once the Olympic break is over.
I agree that its worth a shot. Than at least the people whining that Plekanec never has anyone good to play with finally... be quiet. Honestly the idea is to have more than one dangerous line. Actually its simpler than that, have more than one line that is putting any pressure whatsoever on the opposition. The 4th line is whats propelled to victory of late, and thats just down to sustained effort and pressure.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:41 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Great game tonight. Price made some huge saves. Bouillon didn't play very well (and neither did Emelin), but the other dmen played a solid game. Bourque did a great job on the second line, and I think Bork - DD - Patches could be a very good 2nd line and allow us to reunite the EGG line post-Olympic break. The 4th line and Pleks line were both very good as well...only line that struggled a bit was Eller's imo.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:02 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
So, has Pyretta found MasterDecoy yet?
no, but the mods have

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:11 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

The Price is White.

SquiddFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Madevilz

Im glad we traded DD and fired Therrien. Looks like the Habs are on their winning ways again. MB redeemed himself.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Davide d'Esharnais doesn't remind me of a smurf. He reminds me of Toulouse Lautrec.

(Just kidding.) He really came through in the absence of his soulmate.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Bourque - DD - Gally played well enough together that MT should try it out again and put Patches with Eller or maybe Plekanec. I'm really looking forward to getting Galchenyuk back too.

We're going to have too many forwards once the Olympic break is over.
Unless it means, as I keep asking for weeks...to put Bourque with DD and Pacioretty. And reunite the EGG line. Maybe it's like a wish....if we repeat it day after day after day, it will happen?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Phil Parent
The Lama Of Levity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Habs have played a few weak teams in this stretch, and been outshot on almost every night. I bet they take a beating after the Olympics if MB doesn't address the issues this team always has.

Yah, a little winning streak... this team still has too many holes that will show up as usual.
Outshot yes, but most of those shots are low-percentage shots from a distance. That doesn't mean the opposition doesn't get good shots, just saying that the Habs' strategy is to force shots from the perimeter.

Habs also play well against better team and the team in general is "tougher." in that you have more guys who can stand up for themselves now, and they really compete with better team.

We always joke about the "Can he fight?" deal well, let's see who can...

- Parros, obviously.
- Travis Moen is a real, real strong guy. His technique's not the greatest but he'll wrestle anyone.
- Douglas Murray....see Moen, but I really wouldn't want those pans he calls hands hitting my face, the guy's a monster.
- Prust is a good middleweight. That damn uppercut of his is deceiving.
- Weise will drop them and lose but he ain't no worse than Kostopoulos and he used to be our tough guy.
- White will GLADLY drop them and lose with anyone if he thinks it helps the team that the other guy is off the ice for 5 (See, VS Simmons). He won't even try to win.
- Cube will go, and I'll tell you, maybe he's older now, but pound for pound I would want NONE of Cube.

To this, I will add four names.

- Emelin, he will not fight BUT a retaliatory check for something is definitively possible. It takes a mean streak to six-inch someone like he did Perreault. If he didn't have the plates in his face the man would drop them regularly, I'm sure.
- You don't want him fighting, but I think PK would go if needed.
- And both our goalies. Carey & Budaj are both willing to go and able with the other goalie.

Plus, Gallagher manning the front of the net counts as toughness, Gorges blocking a thousand shots counts as toughness...

I'm not worried.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:33 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Unless it means, as I keep asking for weeks...to put Bourque with DD and Pacioretty. And reunite the EGG line. Maybe it's like a wish....if we repeat it day after day after day, it will happen?
If DD and Bourque have chemistry it would solve a lot of problems.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:35 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If DD and Bourque have chemistry it would solve a lot of problems.
if they do, it'll be for a short while: bouque will bourque. unless dd starts thinking about shooting more...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:41 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
if they do, it'll be for a short while: bouque will bourque. unless dd starts thinking about shooting more...
DD has a decent shot, he should use it more.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
hockeyfan2k11

It's funny how finicky some people are here. Players go from goat to hero back to goat on a game by game basis.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It's funny how finicky some people are here. Players go from goat to hero back to goat on a game by game basis.
Sometimes half way through games period by period or minute by minute

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:02 PM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Re-extend DD !
Love that 4th line.
What a play by Brolieu to come out of the corner like he was shot from a canon on that 3rd goal.
Yeah you're right.

My jaw was on the floor with that Beaulieu play.

He EXPLODED out of that corner with the puck.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:03 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic View Post
I think the biggest problem with DD is not DD but the fact that he needs to play in the #1 hole because there's nobody else as good offensively. Eller is not the answer IMO. If Galchenyuk is that guy, then you slip DD in the #2 hole, Pleks #3 hole and you've got something good.
Plekanec strongly disagree.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
When I see goat, I think of Zaide GOAT, so your sentence didn't make sense for me at first

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:08 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Also it saddens me greatly to see Subban play such dismal hockey. I hope it's injury based.
Robinson made the same type of mistakes all the time. And then he'd kill you with a huge goal. I have no worries on Subban. That's the way he is. The trick is to play someone like Savard with him.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Tyson

Should the Habs sign Markov to a new contract?

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

See what the boy can do when he plays with people that pass the puck.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
We'll see in the playoffs if DD doesn't suck ass. I'll be the one who's laughing.
You mean, you'll be laughing 'cause we'll win right? Who would laugh if we end up losing just because their most hated player happens to not produce? And what if other players don't do the job? Will you be on their case too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Plekanec strongly disagree.
Actually, like I said, problem is not that DD is better offensively. It's because Plekanec is way ahead everybody on the defensive missions. So if Plekane would have 1st liner minutes.....1st PP line....and 1st PK minutes....he'd be playing 30 minutes. Because Therrien doesn't have confidence in Eller, it makes Pleks the go-to-guy defensively, making DD the go-to-guy offensively. Though DD is fine offensively in the regular season when everything goes well for him, you just cannot have Plekanec doing all the roles. 'Cause in the end, he doesn't have the frame to support it. And won't be effective in the playoffs as well. So because Therrien has no confidence in his 3rd line centerman, that's what happens.

There might be a way though.....if Ryan White starts producing on top of maybe becoming a Therrien favorite (not sure we would have been able to say that not that long ago) he might very well take the minutes that Eller doesn't get. Might make Pleks a little more available....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:14 PM
coolasprICE

Of course DD produces against a mediocre team....so typical of midgets!!!

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:17 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Underrated: Ryan White scored another goal tonight. 3 solid games in a row. Seems like Weise and him have really good chemistry
I think White might be maturing into the player Habs thought he would be. He's taken a long time, and I worry about injuries with him, but man, he's looking like an NHL player now. I'm too lazy to do the research, but as far as I know, White was a monster scoring and tough junior.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:19 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Why would you laugh?

It appears that a lot of the Lars Eller "fans" are not really fans of the entire Montreal Canadiens team.

I will cheer just as loud for whoever scores the winning goal, even my personal whipping boy for being lazy in the past, Rene Bourque.

I dont get the player above the team concept.
To no surprise you dont get it, it's quite the contrary actually...

most who wants the whole DD love affair to end remember very well how easy it was for Ottawa to push us around last P.O... and they understand full well that with a top 6 with D, Gallagher, Gionta, Plekanec, Briere, will again be easily be pushed around... as fans or the TEAM, we don't want that...

same fans also understand that Briere, Plekanec, Gionta, Eller, Galchenyuk when he was healthy all saw their production drop (even Gallagher the first 35 games with D)... as as fans of the TEAM they'd rather have 4 or 5 productive forwards than 2 or 3... especially since the productives ones will be lucky to reach 60 pts...

same fans also noticed that since D took most of the PP opportunities, PP took a dive, it may be coincidence, but still, as fans of the TEAM they'd rather have a better PP

same fans also remember that last season where D wasnt as productive as he's been last 30 something games the Habs TEAM was 3rd in goal scored while now they're 21th or 22th... and as fans of the TEAM they rather see the TEAM score more goals, not just one line...

same fans also understand that the TEAM need a physical presence in their top 6 and that there's no one outside Eller who can bring that presence, so as fans of the TEAM, they'd like to see physicality on the Habs top 6...

any other dumb comment you feel lke making ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:22 PM
JLP
Refugee

Nice way to enter the Olympic break

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:47 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
DD has a decent shot, he should use it more.
I started saying this 2 years ago. DD needs to score 20 goals to be useful to Habs.

He was shooting tonight. And really good shots also. Maybe it's finally getting through. I was convinced last year that DD knew this was a problem, and that he would work on shooting and goal scoring. He has always shown the ability to adapt, but last year, he did not. It was very disappointing.

Cannot have a 1 or 2 C with 10-15 goals. Just cannot. That is why DD was so useless, in my opinion.

I thought DD would lose his job last year if he scored at less than 20 goal pace. He did not score at that pace. And then he was signed for 4 more years. That really pissed me off. It was, and is obvious that the guy has to score goals also.

But clearly someone has talked to him, finally, as they should have before he was re signed.

I have a BIG problem with a ten goal DD. I have NO problem with a 20 Goal DD.

If you do not agree, then look at Koivu. First and foremost a play maker , but the guy would pot key goals when needed, every bloody year. DD essentially replaced Saku, and I want Saku's goals from him. Anything less is not acceptable.

Last edited by bsl: 02-09-2014 at 12:03 AM.