HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

72 Summit Series Collectibles

Old
02-08-2014, 10:24 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

vCash: 500
72 Summit Series Collectibles

My brother got this collectable while in Moscow on a business trip. I forget what you call this kind of series, but each figure fits into the next larger one until they all fit into the biggest. Anyway, from left to right we have Ragulin, Tretiak, Mikhailov, Yakushev, Kharlamov, Esposito, Clarke, Cournoyer and Dryden. I don't know why there are only 4 Canadian player to the Russian 5. I suspect it is because this style is meant to have 9 figures. I am also surprised that the Russian artist included Clarke. I thought they would have included the hardworking, polite Henderson instead of the player that broke Kharlamov's ankle.

Edit: Having difficulty uploading the photo. Will post asap.

Last edited by LeBlondeDemon10: 02-09-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Photo
LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Original Summit Series Collectibles are highly prized & sought after. Prior to Game 4 in Vancouver, Team CCCP presented Team Canadas' players with traditional Russian Nesting Dolls. Signature tourist pieces if you will. 3 Pieces, one doll smaller than the other fitting into the largest. Made out of wood, hand painted.... Whatever your referring to sounds like a post Summit Series Collectible, someone creatively mimicking the Nesting Dolls & painting the faces & likenesses of players.... Record prices have been paid for sticks, jerseys... Paul Hendersons Game 8 jersey for example going for something like $1.3 Million at auction.... Brad Park never kept any hockey trophys, jerseys or whatever around the house, figures memories best kept in your head and besides, had 5 rambunctious kids. He did however keep one item; an extremely beautiful & expensive Russian Crystal Vase given to him as Top Defenceman in 72's Summit Series.... sure enough, kids broke it when wrestling one day.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote