HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Johnsson interview from Swedish newspaper

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Johnsson interview from Swedish newspaper

Aftonbladet

Ok, based on my rough translation using systran the article says the following:

We can with the Cup with Forsberg absolutely. KJ is the only other swede on our team and twice has been our best d-man. He, along with other teammates are ready to welcome Peter to the team. He basically said it was unreal that the Flyers got to sign him to the team. He was along the same lines as Hitch laughing because he couldn't believe that Peter is coming here. Few people can play with him and he is the best player in the world.

Forsberg fights in all situations, never gives up and will help our team alot. Says him and Peter are friends. He really didn't believe Clarke got Forsberg, now he is just happy.

Says we are great on paper but we have to translate that onto the ice. But that also applies to every other team.

They ask how will Forsberg be received in Philly. KJ says this is a hockey city and we have a packed house every game. He will be welcomed very well or warmly.

Will he enjoy Philly? It's not the funniest town but he will enjoy it?

It's a big setback for Colorado, that's the route they decided to take. They blame themselves probably. Only thing we can do is welcome Forsberg to the team and the town.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
- Forsberg fights in all situations, never gives up and will help our team alot.

- It was a chock when he found out Foppa was signed, at first i didnt understand how the managment had done it but now it just feels good.

Are you (Philadelphia) one of the favorites to win the Cup?
- We are great on paper but we have to translate that onto the ice. But that also applies to every other team.

They ask how will Forsberg be received in Philly:
- this is a hockeycrazy city and we have a packed house every game. I belive the fans are looking forward to his arrival.

Will he enjoy Philly?
-It's not the funniest town but its ok

How will Colorado do without Foppa?
-It's a big setback for Colorado, that's the route they decided to take. They have only themselves to blame. Only thing we can do is welcome Forsberg to the team and the town.

Fixed the most interesting parts.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonde 007
Fixed the most interesting parts.
i'm sorry, what did you say? was staring at your avatar.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonde 007
-
Will he enjoy Philly?
-It's not the funniest town but its ok

Well, forget you Kim. I hope you break a leg!............Just joking but that is rather rude of him. I have lived in many places other than Philly and Philly is definitly up there in the fun dept. Maybe not as fun as Miami or Tor but its a hell of a lot more fun than LA, Pitt, Bos, Bal, Tampa and so on.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:41 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I have lived in many places other than Philly and Philly is definitly up there in the fun dept. Maybe not as fun as Miami or Tor but its a hell of a lot more fun than LA, Pitt, Bos, Bal, Tampa and so on.
I'll give you a number of places like Pittsburgh and Columbus, but Philly doesnt even come close to LA in terms of fun. I cant think of a single aspect that Philly has over LA. Even the skiing outside LA is better than what we have here.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Well, forget you Kim. I hope you break a leg!............Just joking but that is rather rude of him. I have lived in many places other than Philly and Philly is definitly up there in the fun dept. Maybe not as fun as Miami or Tor but its a hell of a lot more fun than LA, Pitt, Bos, Bal, Tampa and so on.
Well, KJ comes halfway around the world to play here. I can't blame him for thinking it's "okay" when he's spent most of his life elsewhere, and in another country. And hey, at least he's being honest, I like to see that.

Old
08-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
My original translation wasnt very good..

New attempt:

Quote:
Kommer han att trivas?
– Alltså, det är inte världens roligaste stad, men...den är helt okej (skratt).
– Jag tror att Foppa ska trivas.
Will he like it (Philadelphia) ?
- Its not the funniest city in the world, but its alright (laugh)
- I think Foppa will like it.

Better ?

Closed Thread