HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher Exposed!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 04:10 PM

vCash: 500
What do the Coyotes get for Esche, Handzus, and a 2nd Rounder? Nothing, it's the Coyotes.

That's what we paid for Simpson & Boucher.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:11 PM
ducky

who needs what?

2003-2004 Waiver Draft Order Of Selection

First Round
1. Carolina
2. Pittsburgh
3. Columbus
4. Florida
5. Buffalo
6. San Jose
7. Nashville
8. Atlanta
9. Calgary
10. Montreal
11. Phoenix
12. NY Rangers
13. Los Angeles
14. Chicago

Teams above us that could use a goalie;
Pittsburgh - protected Caron and Aubin. I would take Pelletier OR boucher over either one
Nashville - may prefer Pelltier over Flaherty
Calgary - is rumoured to be looking for another goalie...most likely Pelltier due to salary

Teams that could use Simpson
Columbus
Florida
Buffalo
San Jose
Nashville
Atlanta
Montreal

We could lose two players before our own pick in the first round!

As for players of interest...not many. We could pick up a few enigmas on offence (Novoltsev from Florida, Keefe from TB) but then expose Nazarov I guess...leaving us (potentially) without an enforcer.

Very interesting.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:33 PM
M00se

As an Oiler fan I'm hoping that we pick up Boucher. How is he really though? Does he have the potential to be a number 1? I also wouldn't mind Simpson, I'd take him over Ferguson any day. And why was Cleary protected?

Old
10-01-2003, 05:55 PM
LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Oh please, don't give me that whole stupid "selfish penalties" rant again...
Ya, hardly a rant just my opinion. I've never been overly impressed by Simpson. If a supposed leader takes selfish penalties then it's not teaching the young guys a whole lot.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT
Ya, hardly a rant just my opinion. I've never been overly impressed by Simpson. If a supposed leader takes selfish penalties then it's not teaching the young guys a whole lot.
A majority of his penalties consisted of either fighting majors, standing up for himself or his teammates, or for playing physical in front of the net. Neither of those are bad penalties, IMO.

Sure he took some stupid penalties at the wrong times. But so did just about everyone else on the team. Losing Simpson will be a big mistake. Remember how soft our defense was before we traded for him?? I do, because it wasn't pretty at all....

Old
10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
hbk

If Boucher slips through do we consider that a victory for Barnett? or another reminder on how much we overpaid to acquire Boucher in the first place?

Old
10-01-2003, 07:06 PM
ducky

poor asset management

From the main board there is consensus that Boucher and Simpson are two of the most likely to be picked up.

Not good use of assets by management.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:11 PM
XX
SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky
From the main board there is consensus that Boucher and Simpson are two of the most likely to be picked up.

Not good use of assets by management.
Spiller is still here, so they were expecting Simpson to get picked.

But that just makes the defense 2x as worse, who is going to provide the vertern leadership?

trade?

Old
10-01-2003, 07:33 PM
wilycoyote

With Simpson being in the final year of his contract, I don't see his exposure as such a horrible thing. If Spiller is at all ready for the job, I would rather have someone playing who could be with the team for 10 years then someone who may be here for 1 more. However, the possible lack of leadership on the blueline is troubling.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:52 PM
ulf

i'd rather have an experienced warrior like simpson for 1 yr doing his thing,good and bad, while spiller spends a yr in spr. gaining experience.

in today's market how did 1.5 mill become expensive for an nhl d man that provides grit toughness and a clear crease.

boucher was probably a low risk move as apparently not even we want him

Old
10-01-2003, 08:43 PM
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulf
i'd rather have an experienced warrior like simpson for 1 yr doing his thing,good and bad, while spiller spends a yr in spr. gaining experience.

in today's market how did 1.5 mill become expensive for an nhl d man that provides grit toughness and a clear crease.

boucher was probably a low risk move as apparently not even we want him
With Helmer out for a long time, things have changed dramatically, IMO. Our D was a bit suspect to begin with. :S

Old
10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
If Boucher slips through do we consider that a victory for Barnett? or another reminder on how much we overpaid to acquire Boucher in the first place?
Wow, what a great Q! My only answer to that would be that we paid highly for an asset we needed at the time, and the market has changed. DesRochers was our only choice at the time and that situation has obviously changed for the better. Throw in the pending CBA situation, and the whole picture is even more questionable, IMO.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:41 AM
PhoPhan

Now that they have Nash, would losing Nazarov be a problem?

Old
10-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Well Nash is more of a Brad May type of player isnt he.. not a heavyweight.

Man I cant believe they exposed Simpson instead of Hulse. Even if you think Hulse is marginally better.. exposing him creates FAR less of a stir since teams would feel they already passed on Hulse in free agency. I just cant imagine 29 teams will pass on Simpson.. no way. Really surprised they think they could manage without his veteran experience... honestly my first thought was that they are going for Ovechkin after all.

As for Boucher.. almost as surprised. Im not 100% sure he'll be selected but losing those two is a total waste of good assets like ducky said.

Old
10-02-2003, 10:00 AM
The Viking

3 Yrs vs 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Well Nash is more of a Brad May type of player isnt he.. not a heavyweight.

Man I cant believe they exposed Simpson instead of Hulse. Even if you think Hulse is marginally better.. exposing him creates FAR less of a stir since teams would feel they already passed on Hulse in free agency. I just cant imagine 29 teams will pass on Simpson.. no way. Really surprised they think they could manage without his veteran experience... honestly my first thought was that they are going for Ovechkin after all.

As for Boucher.. almost as surprised. Im not 100% sure he'll be selected but losing those two is a total waste of good assets like ducky said.

The Yotes can retain the rights to Hulse for the length of the contract while they could potentially lose Simpson at the end of this season. Why not risk losing Simpson and if you do lose him, you can sign him after this season.

Some people have called this poor asset management, I would say its is good asset management if Simpson isn't claimed and debatable if he is claimed.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Now that they have Nash, would losing Nazarov be a problem?
Yeah, I would sure say so. The west has only gotten a lot bigger, tougher and more physical. If Nash is going to be left to do Nazarov's work, there won't be much of Tyson Nash left...

Old
10-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
I don't know guys - I don't buy this whole 'mis-managed assets' by exposing Boosh in the waiver draft. How long does management hold on to him, just because they OVER-paid when they got him?! The high price they paid for him, when they aquired him, doesn't make him any better on the ice.

To me, the mis-management was getting him for Zus and Esche. Not protecting him now is a great management of assets: Let someone else pay his ridiculously inflated salary. He does not fit into the Allaire style of play. IMO, Bierk can do the same for a lot less, until LeNeveue is ready...

I don't dislike Simpson. I feel he is paid slightly too much for what he does, but I get the feeling, that some of you make him out to be Derian Hatcher's twin brother. That, he is not! (mind you, both take their fair share of bad penalties over the season...)

Dancin' Gabe rules!

Old
10-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Dancing Chicken

You Gabe loving fool

Its not really the skill its the heart. I was getting so pist at my team for there half ass play last season. Not the lack of skill or the constant change of line but the fact that this team played with out heart or energy. Besides Simpson nobody seemed to give a dam if they were playing. He gave everything to try and energize his team. I would far rather be a fan of a team that loses but trys and gibve there all then a pansy arse team thats afraid to skate orgo infront of the dam net, on either side of the ice..

Yes now I will take a breath and get off my soap box befor I start on Booby..

Old
10-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
You Gabe loving fool

Its not really the skill its the heart. I was getting so pist at my team for there half ass play last season. Not the lack of skill or the constant change of line but the fact that this team played with out heart or energy. Besides Simpson nobody seemed to give a dam if they were playing. He gave everything to try and energize his team. I would far rather be a fan of a team that loses but trys and gibve there all then a pansy arse team thats afraid to skate orgo infront of the dam net, on either side of the ice..

Yes now I will take a breath and get off my soap box befor I start on Booby..
I can see where you are coming from...

Dancin' Gabe rules!

Closed Thread