HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2017, 10:47 AM
  #101
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Can't believe how bad the Eaves regime fell apart
Well, when you lose someone like Oz and replace them with Bill effin' Butters, you are not doing yourself any favors. That move likely cost us Jordan Schmaltz.

Eaves is having a pretty rough go at St. Olaf right now

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2017, 10:28 PM
  #102
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Well, when you lose someone like Oz and replace them with Bill effin' Butters, you are not doing yourself any favors. That move likely cost us Jordan Schmaltz.

Eaves is having a pretty rough go at St. Olaf right now
Yeah but it's not like he was a train wreck start to finish you know. But yeah as soon as Oz left the train went off the rails spectacularly

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 11:08 AM
  #103
WisconsinDuck
Registered User
 
WisconsinDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
This team is starting to really make some serious headway towards a tournament bid. It is insane how much more motivated they are and how much better team hockey they play than a year ago. Big series this weekend against Penn State, a sweep would go a long long ways.

On Wisconsin!

WisconsinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 10:20 AM
  #104
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDuck View Post
This team is starting to really make some serious headway towards a tournament bid. It is insane how much more motivated they are and how much better team hockey they play than a year ago. Big series this weekend against Penn State, a sweep would go a long long ways.

On Wisconsin!
Youch! This weekend hurt. Realistically, they will have to win 5 of the next 8 and probably make the b1g Finals to get in. Good news is 6 of the next 8 games are against teams currently in a playoff spot, OSU, State Penn and the Goofs. Bad news is that is stiff competition. You can never count on a sweep against Mich either, despite their record.

Getting to be nail-biting time.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 06:18 PM
  #105
WisconsinDuck
Registered User
 
WisconsinDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Youch! This weekend hurt. Realistically, they will have to win 5 of the next 8 and probably make the b1g Finals to get in. Good news is 6 of the next 8 games are against teams currently in a playoff spot, OSU, State Penn and the Goofs. Bad news is that is stiff competition. You can never count on a sweep against Mich either, despite their record.

Getting to be nail-biting time.
Whether they make the tourney or not, this season has been a massive success and glimpse into the future. This past weekend hurt. I was at the game on Friday night and the atmosphere was great for the majority of the game despite how poorly they were playing. 5 of 8 is possible but unfortunately it seems that PSU really has our number.

WisconsinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2017, 02:14 PM
  #106
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Sitting 13th in the pairwise after a decent weekend and fortunate (for us) losses by OSU, Nodak and St. Cloud. Also a good thing Jack Berry stood on his head Friday. I'm wondering if they make the dance if Jurusik or Berry gets the nod?

A sweep of the Bux and a split with the dreaded State Penn should do the trick for a playoff spot.

Trent Frederic has been on a effing tear after the holiday break!

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 10:45 AM
  #107
Jeypic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
How has greenway been looking? He's not putting up much for points, curious how he's been playing defensively at least..

Jeypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2017, 08:29 AM
  #108
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeypic View Post
How has greenway been looking? He's not putting up much for points, curious how he's been playing defensively at least..
He's not really being put in situations to put up points. He'll see timr on the 2nd PP unit at best this year.

Defensively he uses his size and reach to his fullest advantage and adds some sandpaper to his play. The game I saw in person he was great at taking guys out of the play and nuetralizing guys in 1 on 1 situations. Very solid freshman year for him.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2017, 11:44 AM
  #109
saltming
Fan Addict
 
saltming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
He's not really being put in situations to put up points. He'll see timr on the 2nd PP unit at best this year.

Defensively he uses his size and reach to his fullest advantage and adds some sandpaper to his play. The game I saw in person he was great at taking guys out of the play and nuetralizing guys in 1 on 1 situations. Very solid freshman year for him.
We are having a wee conversation about greenway in the leafs marlies and prospects thread if you would like to share some info with us.
My query is why are his penalty minutes so high? Bad plays or just too strong?
Thanks in advance.

saltming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 05:32 PM
  #110
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltming View Post
We are having a wee conversation about greenway in the leafs marlies and prospects thread if you would like to share some info with us.
My query is why are his penalty minutes so high? Bad plays or just too strong?
Thanks in advance.
Weighing in late, been without power a few days in Mich....
Greenway will need to temper his game, for sure. However, the NCAA officials do tend to over-penalize big guys who lay fools out with legal hits. Ryan McDonagh had that problem during his time in Madison.

I think JD should be a solid pick. The dude has good instincts defending his own zone. TBD if his offensive game emerges.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 07:36 PM
  #111
saltming
Fan Addict
 
saltming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Weighing in late, been without power a few days in Mich....
Greenway will need to temper his game, for sure. However, the NCAA officials do tend to over-penalize big guys who lay fools out with legal hits. Ryan McDonagh had that problem during his time in Madison.

I think JD should be a solid pick. The dude has good instincts defending his own zone. TBD if his offensive game emerges.
Thanks! A bit of bad weather I hear?

I was very happy when we drafted greenway. Hope he finds some offense but even if he doesn't we need a stay at home guy.

Good luck in the playoffs! I wish I could catch the big 10 games up here.

saltming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 03:42 PM
  #112
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltming View Post
Thanks! A bit of bad weather I hear?

I was very happy when we drafted greenway. Hope he finds some offense but even if he doesn't we need a stay at home guy.

Good luck in the playoffs! I wish I could catch the big 10 games up here.
Yeah, high winds knocked the power out for 5 days. The house was at around 32-36F so the beer stayed cold

It's nail-biting time for Bucky; gotta win the b1g to get in the tourney.

If you go to the Yuku 10 National Titles site, the lads there may be able to give you stream suggestions for watching games. A lot of them are 'Sconies and watch all the games so they'll have better info than me. Cheers!

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 04:43 PM
  #113
saltming
Fan Addict
 
saltming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Yeah, high winds knocked the power out for 5 days. The house was at around 32-36F so the beer stayed cold

It's nail-biting time for Bucky; gotta win the b1g to get in the tourney.

If you go to the Yuku 10 National Titles site, the lads there may be able to give you stream suggestions for watching games. A lot of them are 'Sconies and watch all the games so they'll have better info than me. Cheers!
Now I'm jealous!!

Thanks for the tip on the streams very much appreciated.

saltming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 06:43 PM
  #114
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
1st off, happy St. Pat's Day! I'm sure most Badger fans are working on their umpteenth brewski by now, especially with todays win. It was fitting Seamus Malone got a point today.

The bounce back season comes down to one game in terms of the playoffs. No matter what happens, ya gotta love what Granato & Co. have done this year. They took Eave's team, suspect D and Goaltending, and put them back in the national spotlight. Great job by Tony G

Btw, I'll settle for a 1st round beatdown in the playoffs if we can beat the Goofs to get in.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 01:28 PM
  #115
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 12,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
1st off, happy St. Pat's Day! I'm sure most Badger fans are working on their umpteenth brewski by now, especially with todays win. It was fitting Seamus Malone got a point today.

The bounce back season comes down to one game in terms of the playoffs. No matter what happens, ya gotta love what Granato & Co. have done this year. They took Eave's team, suspect D and Goaltending, and put them back in the national spotlight. Great job by Tony G

Btw, I'll settle for a 1st round beatdown in the playoffs if we can beat the Goofs to get in.
You mean Penn St to get in

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 09:26 AM
  #116
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
You mean Penn St to get in
I wanted nothing to do with State Penn, and last night showed why. I'm happy with the season, Badger Hockey is relevant again. I still couldn't help but feel disappointed we missed the playoffs by 1 goal. Great turnaround, boys!

Best of luck to your lads in the tourney. They seem to be hitting their stride now.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 02:39 PM
  #117
PSUPEN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
I wanted nothing to do with State Penn, and last night showed why. I'm happy with the season, Badger Hockey is relevant again. I still couldn't help but feel disappointed we missed the playoffs by 1 goal. Great turnaround, boys!

Best of luck to your lads in the tourney. They seem to be hitting their stride now.
Pennsylvania State University. Great game rabidbadger. Stay classy!

PSUPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 06:03 PM
  #118
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUPEN View Post
Pennsylvania State University. Great game rabidbadger. Stay classy!
That was awesome sarcasm!

I do stay classy. You'll notice I wished a sworn rival good luck in the playoffs.

I'm puzzled by your utterly misused whine emoticon; I did not in any way complain about the outcome, say we got jobbed, etc (that's because I'm classy). I acknowledged your team has owned us in recent history. But it's okay, I understand the chip on your shoulder when your school has image problems. Don't listen to the detractors, stay classy, bro

Oh yeah, great tournament by your boys, psupen. Not even you could keep me from wishing them luck in the playoffs.


Last edited by RabidBadger: 03-19-2017 at 06:33 PM.
RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 07:34 AM
  #119
PSUPEN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
That was awesome sarcasm!

I do stay classy. You'll notice I wished a sworn rival good luck in the playoffs.

I'm puzzled by your utterly misused whine emoticon; I did not in any way complain about the outcome, say we got jobbed, etc (that's because I'm classy). I acknowledged your team has owned us in recent history. But it's okay, I understand the chip on your shoulder when your school has image problems. Don't listen to the detractors, stay classy, bro

Oh yeah, great tournament by your boys, psupen. Not even you could keep me from wishing them luck in the playoffs.
I don't think for a minute you were puzzled. The emoticon deflection and your explanation of how you are classy well done.
Not even you could keep me from enjoying your response bro! Badger Bob would be proud!

PSUPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:49 PM
  #120
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Er
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUPEN View Post
I don't think for a minute you were puzzled. The emoticon deflection and your explanation of how you are classy well done.
Not even you could keep me from enjoying your response bro! Badger Bob would be proud!
Hmm. Okay. I guess that response means something to you.

Not sure what Badger Bob, our scandal free coach, has to do with it, but ya got me there!

Good year by State P....er, Pennsylvania State U. Enjoy the playoffs, bro. Be sure to keep checking threads as the 'class' monitor.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:56 PM
  #121
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 12,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Er

Hmm. Okay. I guess that response means something to you.

Not sure what Badger Bob, our scandal free coach, has to do with it, but ya got me there!

Good year by State P....er, Pennsylvania State U. Enjoy the playoffs, bro. Be sure to keep checking threads as the 'class' monitor.
Rabid you have always been classy to me with a little trash talking here and there but that comes with the territory. Thanks for the good luck with my boys. They are in one tough region.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:23 PM
  #122
RabidBadger
Babcock swallows
 
RabidBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Motown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Rabid you have always been classy to me with a little trash talking here and there but that comes with the territory. Thanks for the good luck with my boys. They are in one tough region.
I know cats like you and MNGopher won't get their panties in a wad with a little smack-talk. Some people are just sensitive souls, bless their hearts.

I remember Goon doing a spoof of 'The Robert Earl Diving Award' on his sight. Someone from St. Cloud won it, I believe. I thought it was hilarious, personally. Alas, some can't take it.

I'm all in for Western Mich this year, but I'll be pulling for your boys and Duluth from that region.

No matter our rooting differences, we'll always have Minnesota

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.