HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2014, 09:32 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Don't look now but Ryan Bourque is currently 2 goals behind the team leader in goals, granted with more games played (but isn't that a good thing?).

Bourque - 17g in 61gp
Kristo - 19g in 52gp

I still think Hrivik can be a solid 3rd/4th line winger somewhere. PKer, good along the boards, etc.

Old
03-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Bourque was always a favorite for me when he was drafted. He just never stepped up his game. Maybe this season will be the one where he finally takes it to the next level.

- Vince Pedrie
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqAEM4DVoE/
Old
03-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Bourque was always a favorite for me when he was drafted. He just never stepped up his game. Maybe this season will be the one where he finally takes it to the next level.
I've really thought of him as an Andrew Cogliano type winger, I'm just not sure he can do what he does at the NHL level w/o ending up on his butt. Still has time to grow as a player but he'd have to stay healthy and patient, can't see him starting anywhere else but Hartford in 14-15.

Old
03-21-2014, 12:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I've really thought of him as an Andrew Cogliano type winger, I'm just not sure he can do what he does at the NHL level w/o ending up on his butt. Still has time to grow as a player but he'd have to stay healthy and patient, can't see him starting anywhere else but Hartford in 14-15.
Exactly right.

A very useful player in the AHL, however. The sort of guy that an organization should be more than willing to pay a couple hundred thou a year to bring energy, determination, decent scoring and overall good play to its minor league affiliate.

Old
03-21-2014, 12:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I don't see why he can't be a Stephen Gionta or Daniel Paille type of 4th liner. He is a superb PKer.

Old
03-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I don't see why he can't be a Stephen Gionta or Daniel Paille type of 4th liner. He is a superb PKer.
he can be a 4th liner on a team like Islanders Sabres Oilers. i can see him making the NHL on a not so good team.. on a team with average depth i dont see him making the NHL.

Old
03-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I wish he was 6'0 200 like Paille. Both Paille and Gionta were edgy players that had some snarl to their game in Jrs/College. Bourque's phsyical game doesn't make any impact , and I'd say his size is a factor, but its really about his ability to play a two way game.

He is a good PK'er.

Old
03-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Inferno

vCash: 857
Bourque is an injury risk...you could see him finally making it, and then 2 games in suffering a career ending injury.

his frame makes him highly susceptible to injuries imho.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Latta was a PPG player for Sarnia and still was -41? I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

I was gonna say. How can you have 66 points and still be a -41? That's...remarkable

Old
03-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Bourque is an injury risk...you could see him finally making it, and then 2 games in suffering a career ending injury.

his frame makes him highly susceptible to injuries imho.
May as well sign him as a Rfa though

Old
03-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Lindberg Cheese
Report to Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
May as well sign him as a Rfa though
No risk, slight upside, HFD needs bodies.

Old
03-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
I was gonna say. How can you have 66 points and still be a -41? That's...remarkable
i hope once the contracts numbers drop that Latta signs with Rangers to an ELC...

Old
03-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

HWP win 4-2 against Adirondack. Fast with a 3 point night (2 goals, 1 assist) and Kristo (1 goal, 1 assist), Syvret and Miller (2 assists for each of them) all had 2 points tonight. Lindberg also had a goal. Plus 1's went out to McIlrath, Bourque, Lindberg, and Johnson and no one was a minus. Lots of evens. DGM gave up 2 goals on 21 shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i hope once the contracts numbers drop that Latta signs with Rangers to an ELC...
How'd he look tonight?

Old
03-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Latta is a very talented center. Really refreshing to see someone be dominant in the right areas.

Old
03-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
HWP win 4-2 against Adirondack. Fast with a 3 point night (2 goals, 1 assist) and Kristo (1 goal, 1 assist), Syvret and Miller (2 assists for each of them) all had 2 points tonight. Lindberg also had a goal. Plus 1's went out to McIlrath, Bourque, Lindberg, and Johnson and no one was a minus. Lots of evens. DGM gave up 2 goals on 21 shots.

How'd he look tonight?
I only saw the first two periods.

On Latta first, he played with Jean and O'Donnell. Naturally its a very small sample but my first impression is that he right now don't quite got that pro-step in his skating. He wasn't able to be on top of the puck so to speak. When the play went back and forth, he was a bit behind.

He is obviously a clutch player that thrives in traffic. He went hard to the net and often parked in front of the goalie. Seemed to be pretty hard nosed.

Lets give him some more time, but I think skating is going to be the one area he really need to improve. There is nothing wrong with his skating, but for most guys in his mold that makes it -- skating is there strength. The John Madden makes it nowadays, while its tough for the Mike Ricci's (and Ricci was a very good hockey player no matter what)...

I thought Kristo really worked hard out there last night. Nice to see. HFD is out of the POs, but Kristo played like the still are in the race and that this was an important game late in the year.

He makes some really nifty top notch plays. His overall game isn't there to function as more of a 2nd-3rd line energy player, and he isn't good enough to step in as a goto player right away. That is a dilemma for him, and one that many good prospects face and some make it and many don't. But its nice to see him pushing it.

I think Lindberg was the player that stood out the most in relation to what I've seen previously from our kids down there. He skated really well and carried the puck a lot. He scored a beauty on the PK where he broke up a pass and blew away from the Ds and beat the goalie on the breakaway.

Fast has really been assigned a go-to sniper role on the PP. He plays the left point and is the option HFDs PP use the most. A simple pass to him from the QB and he blasts away. When HFD goes to the net, he is good at overloading in front of the net. He scored two goals last night, one where a rebound went out to the left side on the PP and he had overloaded in front of the net and could just bang it home, and one of a one-time bomb from the blue line.

It might not be motivated to say that Miller had an off-night, but he wasn't at the center of things like he has been a few times when I've seen him this year.

Old
03-23-2014, 08:12 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I only saw the first two periods.

On Latta first, he played with Jean and O'Donnell. Naturally its a very small sample but my first impression is that he right now don't quite got that pro-step in his skating. He wasn't able to be on top of the puck so to speak. When the play went back and forth, he was a bit behind.

He is obviously a clutch player that thrives in traffic. He went hard to the net and often parked in front of the goalie. Seemed to be pretty hard nosed.

Lets give him some more time, but I think skating is going to be the one area he really need to improve. There is nothing wrong with his skating, but for most guys in his mold that makes it -- skating is there strength. The John Madden makes it nowadays, while its tough for the Mike Ricci's (and Ricci was a very good hockey player no matter what)...

I thought Kristo really worked hard out there last night. Nice to see. HFD is out of the POs, but Kristo played like the still are in the race and that this was an important game late in the year.

He makes some really nifty top notch plays. His overall game isn't there to function as more of a 2nd-3rd line energy player, and he isn't good enough to step in as a goto player right away. That is a dilemma for him, and one that many good prospects face and some make it and many don't. But its nice to see him pushing it.

I think Lindberg was the player that stood out the most in relation to what I've seen previously from our kids down there. He skated really well and carried the puck a lot. He scored a beauty on the PK where he broke up a pass and blew away from the Ds and beat the goalie on the breakaway.

Fast has really been assigned a go-to sniper role on the PP. He plays the left point and is the option HFDs PP use the most. A simple pass to him from the QB and he blasts away. When HFD goes to the net, he is good at overloading in front of the net. He scored two goals last night, one where a rebound went out to the left side on the PP and he had overloaded in front of the net and could just bang it home, and one of a one-time bomb from the blue line.

It might not be motivated to say that Miller had an off-night, but he wasn't at the center of things like he has been a few times when I've seen him this year.
The thing I'd like to see from Fast is more shots. 67 in 42 games played this year is not a lot. That said 15 goals for that amount of shots is a very high shooting % but how that would translate to the NHL is that you have to get those shots off from the circles on in to the goal crease if you want to score goals. I suspect (from his high shooting %) that is what he's doing at the AHL level but it's harder to do at the NHL level than the AHL level. From the 8 games we saw of him with the Rangers early in the season--the speed is there, the hockey IQ is there--his defending should be fine. He's an offensive guy though--he needs to score and he needs to shoot more.

Old
03-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Ola

Eco- Yeah, but I am sure that the shots will come. He had at least 5 shots last night (2 went in, and the others could have been blocked/missed the net), but he ripped it several times.

He is definitely not like Nyls II, he is more like Prucha in terms of shooting/passing bias.

Old
03-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

ouch Wolfpack down 6-1 in the middle of the 2ed period..

Old
03-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
ouch Wolfpack down 6-1 in the middle of the 2ed period..
That's our future

Old
03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Pack up 4-0 after two. A pair from Bourque, Kristo with a goal, Allen with one and one.

Old
03-29-2014, 08:20 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Pack up 4-0 after two. A pair from Bourque, Kristo with a goal, Allen with one and one.
Bourque is really taking a huge step this year. 2 way player. Scoring goals. NHL future with his skating

Old
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Bourque is really taking a huge step this year. 2 way player. Scoring goals. NHL future with his skating
Injuries will always be an issue with his frame...but i agree i think he'll play like 4-5 years in the NHL.

Old
03-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

People gave up on Bourque way too early and now he's coming back to shut them up. He's a real prospect. In our winter poll, he was ranked a lowly #21, a long shot behind Noreau, Andersson, Yogan, Tambellini and St. Croix.

Bourque just turned 23 in 2014. If his development curve will continue for another 1-2 years, he'll make the NHL. I think next year is a key season for him because the next step foward will make him at least a borderline NHLer.

Old
03-30-2014, 06:57 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Bourque is having a good season, but as a frequent detractor of the his game, he has hardly shut me up. The fact that you say he needs to take another step forward to become a borderline NHL player pretty much makes my case for me.

He's still extremely undersized with a history of injury. He's a capable two-way player at the AHL level, but that's a a far cry from making him a good prospect.

Old
03-30-2014, 08:19 AM
eco's bones

Bourque's offense this year has taken a really big step forward. He's pretty much avoided injury. I'm all for re-signing him but I don't expect that he's going to be making the Rangers any time soon. With Zuccarello and St. Louis already in the lineup--it's hard for me to see another spot for a very small forward opening up. That being said--he's a very good skater--a tenacious and disciplined player and very good defensively. With the offense coming along he's developing a complete game--but it's in a small package. If he turns out to be NHL ready in the relative near future he might be a guy you move to another team. He deserves to move up in our prospect rankings.

Closed Thread