HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Sweet Jesus... Jessiman just signed with my hometown Vienna Capitals in Austria of the EBEL... A league/team close to rock bottom...
Sounds like a big challenge for him

Old
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Kostka will be the 7th D. He wasn't bad for the Leafs in the lockout year. He is a better player than Hunwick and Kampfer.

The Pack D will be McIlrath,Allen,Kampfer,Hunwick,Zamorsky,Bodie,Hugh es,Noreau and Donnay. Noreau spent most of last season in the ECHL. Looks like he be returning there. Donnay probably joins him if you look at the numbers. Unless Donnay is returned to Erie as an overage player.

Lefties in Allen,Hunwick and Bodie. Righties in McIlrath,Kampfer,Zamorsky,Hughes,Noreau and Donnay.

Donnay had a good year for Erie. He was a -70 in his first 2 years with Erie. +40 last season.

Quote:
Knoblauch cited Donnay personally, saying he was often matched up last season with the opponents' best player. And when you're the weaker team, Knoblauch said, "you're always defending."

"Now our team's stronger, we spend more time in the offensive zone and that has a lot to do with the team," Knoblauch said. "And Troy being a much stronger player this year."
http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/in...gues_erie.html

Gordie Clark told Jim Cerny before the draft that Calle Andersson could be in the mix for Hartford. Andersson will probably be in Switzerland playing for EV Zug. The Rangers loan him to that team.

Old
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kostka will be the 7th D. He wasn't bad for the Leafs in the lockout year. He is a better player than Hunwick and Kampfer.

The Pack D will be McIlrath,Allen,Kampfer,Hunwick,Zamorsky,Bodie,Hugh es,Noreau and Donnay. Noreau spent most of last season in the ECHL. Looks like he be returning there. Donnay probably joins him if you look at the numbers. Unless Donnay is returned to Erie as an overage player.

Lefties in Allen,Hunwick and Bodie. Righties in McIlrath,Kampfer,Zamorsky,Hughes,Noreau and Donnay.

Donnay had a good year for Erie. He was a -70 in his first 2 years with Erie. +40 last season.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/in...gues_erie.html

Gordie Clark told Jim Cerny before the draft that Calle Andersson could be in the mix for Hartford. Andersson will probably be in Switzerland playing for EV Zug. The Rangers loan him to that team.
I think Donnay goes back for his overage season. Won't hurt him to get big minutes and play on a contender rather than play 3rd pair in the AHL. He'll be behind Kamper and McIlrath.

Donnay might be a big surprise down the line, the guy takes away a lot of ice, but he might still be too lanky and underweight to go up against pros.

Old
07-11-2014, 12:40 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
I think Donnay goes back for his overage season. Won't hurt him to get big minutes and play on a contender rather than play 3rd pair in the AHL. He'll be behind Kamper and McIlrath.

Donnay might be a big surprise down the line, the guy takes away a lot of ice, but he might still be too lanky and underweight to go up against pros.
agree Donnay has got to go back.
Playing in the spotlight of playing with Canada's 'next (Mario) next(Sid) next one', MacDavid, will be an education and experience in itself, especially with Eichel pushing him for the #1 draft spot and it likely being his final year in Junior

And we're deep with righty D, moreso if Zamosrsky sticks

Old
07-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
agree Donnay has got to go back.
Playing in the spotlight of playing with Canada's 'next (Mario) next(Sid) next one', MacDavid, will be an education and experience in itself, especially with Eichel pushing him for the #1 draft spot and it likely being his final year in Junior

And we're deep with righty D, moreso if Zamosrsky sticks
Yeah, best of all he gets another off season to add on some bulk and play 20-30 a night and dominate little 16-17 year olds. There's absolutely no downside to him going back.

Only concern is that if he is the sort of kid that can't put on muscle mass.

Colton Teubert turned out to be a bust because he stopped growing at 18-19. Never became man strong to play a tough defensive game.

Old
07-11-2014, 08:21 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Walcott is another righty. He is another 20 year old so he can play as an overage player.

Old
07-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Walcott is another righty. He is another 20 year old so he can play as an overage player.
Since Walcott is a small smooth-skating defenseman, I'd want him in the ECHL. I hope he can be the ECHL's version of what Allen does in the AHL and McDonagh does in the NHL. If he can't keep up even at that level, it won't be a great sign.

It's different for a big defenseman. Plenty of big blueliners go back to juniors for an overager season, not the worst thing. Dale Purinton went for an overager season, then spent a year in the ECHL and still was a 4-year NHL player.

Good work picking up big defensemen late: Noreau, Graves, Mantha. Seems to be a pattern. If true, it's a very good idea. Eventually one of them will work out and we will have a monster on the back line for nothing except a few wasted midround picks.

Last edited by Beacon: 07-11-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old
07-11-2014, 10:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Plenty of big blueliners go back to juniors for an overager season, not the worst thing. Dale Purinton went for an overager season, then spent a year in the ECHL and still was a 4-year NHL player.

That said, ECHL would be a better route for him if he can keep up there. I'd want our fourth round pick to at least match what Noreau did at the same age. Walcott got drafted a round earlier and isn't as tough, so I would hope that the rest of his game would be decent.

Good work picking up big defensemen late: Noreau, Graves, Walcott. Seems to be a pattern. If true, it's a very good idea. Eventually one of them will work out and we will have a monster on the back line for nothing except a few wasted midround picks.
Uh, Walcott is only 5'11" and 161-168 (depending on which report you read)... it's his LACK of size and the fact that he came out of nowhere as a 19 year old that caused him to slip.

Old
07-11-2014, 10:50 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Plenty of big blueliners go back to juniors for an overager season, not the worst thing. Dale Purinton went for an overager season, then spent a year in the ECHL and still was a 4-year NHL player.

That said, ECHL would be a better route for him if he can keep up there. I'd want our fourth round pick to at least match what Noreau did at the same age. Walcott got drafted a round earlier and isn't as tough, so I would hope that the rest of his game would be decent.

Good work picking up big defensemen late: Noreau, Graves, Walcott. Seems to be a pattern. If true, it's a very good idea. Eventually one of them will work out and we will have a monster on the back line for nothing except a few wasted midround picks.
Walcott is tiny.

I agree with your overall point, though Purinton was in the league because of the rough stuff, not because he was a capable player. I don't remember a worse player that played for us in the past decade and a half.

It's just pain.
Old
07-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Walcott is tiny.

I agree with your overall point, though Purinton was in the league because of the rough stuff, not because he was a capable player. I don't remember a worse player that played for us in the past decade and a half.

Oops sorry, I mixed him up with Mantha, which is also why I referred to him as a 4th rounder. These guys are new to me so I confused them.

I edited my answer.

Old
07-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Oops sorry, I mixed him up with Mantha, which is also why I referred to him as a 4th rounder. These guys are new to me so I confused them.

I edited my answer.
You probably got mixed up because Walcott is a lefty.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:38 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Mantha should be signing with Niagara of the OHL. One of the NCAA hockey websites reported Mantha doesn't have good grades so its the CHL for him. North Dakota also has 7 returning defensemen. He's another righty. Big guy. Not very physical. Good puck skills. Skates well for his size.

Quote:
According to multiple sources, New York Rangers fourth round selection and former North Dakota recruit Ryan Mantha is close to signing with the Niagara IceDogs in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).

A New York Rangers source indicated that academics were prohibiting the Clarkston, Mich. native from passing through the NCAA Clearinghouse. His OHL rights were traded from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds to the IceDogs earlier this month.
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/juni...dakota-recruit

The Rangers also selected another righty in Tyler Nanne. Ohio State freshman in 15-16.

Draft and sign as many right handed shooting D as possible and hope 1 or 2 make it.

Old
07-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Draft and sign as many right handed shooting D as possible and hope 1 or 2 make it.

That seems to be the plan. We now have 12 defensemen prospects in the system ranging from long shots to top prospects like Skjei and McIlrath, and everything in between.

Old
07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Micheal Haley has left now also to the sharks

Old
07-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Lindberg Cheese
Report to Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Sweet Jesus... Jessiman just signed with my hometown Vienna Capitals in Austria of the EBEL... A league/team close to rock bottom...
What would be a good German play on words for Huge Specimen?

Old
07-18-2014, 10:07 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
What would be a good German play on words for Huge Specimen?
Der Uberschlong?

Old
07-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Vitto79

So what's the lineup hypothetically like? Wondering who's eligible to play and who's going to other leagues

Desjardin w either missien or skapski?

Mcilrath, Allen, bodie , hunwivk, kampfer and?

In no order upfront mueller, bourque, bourque, fast , Kristo, Lindberg , hrvik, haggerty, McCarthy and ?

Old
07-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Der Uberschlong?
I pi$$ed myself reading that

Old
07-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So what's the lineup hypothetically like? Wondering who's eligible to play and who's going to other leagues

Desjardin w either missien or skapski?

Mcilrath, Allen, bodie , hunwivk, kampfer and?

In no order upfront mueller, bourque, bourque, fast , Kristo, Lindberg , hrvik, haggerty, McCarthy and ?
Hunwick-Kamper [played together in the Bruins system, proven quality AHL defenseman giving the team more than a legitimate top pairing]

Allen-McIlrath [NHL prospects that should dominate as a pair on the 2nd unit]

Bodie-Hughes [Don't know much about Bodie other than the 2 frozen 4 games, but Hughes is a quiet hard working player that is a very solid pro]

Dejardens, and Missien.

Skapski can go play his overage season and see more rubber in the WHL than he will in the AHL or start in the ECHL. I'd lean more towards giving him the chance to go to juniors and see more ice.

Missien is pretty bad, I wasted a lot of money and time going up to CT to watch the Wolfpack play and see Missaien soil himself repeatedly, but its not like you can expect a great backup goalie at the AHL level.

Old
07-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Hunwick-Kamper [played together in the Bruins system, proven quality AHL defenseman giving the team more than a legitimate top pairing]

Allen-McIlrath [NHL prospects that should dominate as a pair on the 2nd unit]

Bodie-Hughes [Don't know much about Bodie other than the 2 frozen 4 games, but Hughes is a quiet hard working player that is a very solid pro]

Dejardens, and Missien.

Skapski can go play his overage season and see more rubber in the WHL than he will in the AHL or start in the ECHL. I'd lean more towards giving him the chance to go to juniors and see more ice.

Missien is pretty bad, I wasted a lot of money and time going up to CT to watch the Wolfpack play and see Missaien soil himself repeatedly, but its not like you can expect a great backup goalie at the AHL level.
Switch Allen's pairing and Hunwicks. They're both already better players than Hunwick and Kampfer.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Old
07-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Switch Allen's pairing and Hunwicks. They're both already better players than Hunwick and Kampfer.
I agree with you, but that's the depth chart according to past merits as of now. I firmly believe an Allen-McIlrath pairing can be a McD-G type of pair for HFD this season.

Old
07-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Zil

People don't see Zamorsky cracking the AHL roster? I think he can take Hughes' spot.

Old
07-20-2014, 07:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
People don't see Zamorsky cracking the AHL roster? I think he can take Hughes' spot.
It's unclear whether or not he'd be willing to play in the AHL--it might be either the NHL or off to Finland to play in the Liiga.

Old
07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
I thought so too, but posters here have said he's going to go play in Finland. No problem with him wanting to make some more money in the Euroleagues than he would here. Rangers might have a case of too many players in the system under contract and not enough ice time to go around, so him playing in Europe is not a bad thing.

Troy Donnay will most likely go back to juniors because of the lack of openings on the HFD back end. Same may hold true for Skapski.

Never a bad thing to get more ice time and work on your game. I for one am excited that HFD has a stacked defense, good goalie, and some veteran AHL depth. Last year was depressing given the poor start and goaltending after Cam left, the team had no chance to compete.

Still dislike the fact that Missien was retained. I'm going to check whose starting in net before I buy tickets this season, if I wanna watch a goalie crap himself I'll go watch the Sabres or Fluery in the playoffs on tv.

Old
07-20-2014, 08:46 PM
cwede

Quote:
if he stays he'll make the roster
but Hughes is probably lock for the D rotation, he's proven himself to the coaching staff.
I figure Allen/McIlrath/Hughes are locks if healthy,
while rookies Zamorsky/Bodie and vets Hunwick/Kampfer get sorted out for 3 spots.

And of course that assumes all 7 are healthy at the same time,
The Pack used 12 different D last year, 8 for at least 24 games or more.

I do think those guys are the top 7 if Zamorsky stays, and all are healthy.

In taht case, I suspect Noreau begins in Greenville, Andersson goes to Switzerland and Donnay back to the Erie MacDavid's.

I wonder if Chicago's unsigned draft pick (no, not that one) D Travis Brown made much of an impression at Dev Camp?

Closed Thread