HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The DeBoer Debate Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2014, 08:12 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

vCash: 500
The DeBoer Debate Part 3

Does he stay, Does he go, Does he open the jail cell. Whats up Lou

Last edited by StvBroDan: 02-10-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
engy

vCash: 50
Fire him. It's looking like he makes the playoffs once every 6 years.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:27 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Whats the plan Pete same old **** with no playoffs. Lou lets go make a move.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

He sucks, PERIOD.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:43 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
He sucks, PERIOD.
If he is here when they get back they are toast. Pete won't know what to do when he has to play youth because the vets are tired from the Olympics.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
If he is here when they get back they are toast. Pete won't know what to do when he has to play youth because the vets are tired from the Olympics.
He'll be here when they get back. My hope is that he's not here next year. If this was the Flyers or Rangers head coach, we would be laughing at him that he has made the playoffs only once in 6 years of coaching. When is it time to finally admit that DeBoer is a below average head coach in the NHL?

Old
02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

organization needs a fresh cleanse. from top to bottom.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Oh he's gonna be here all right...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...er_system.html

Might as well bring that article over from the last thread

Old
02-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Rella17

those posts from the Panthers fans about him couldnt be more dead on

sick of his treatment of certain players and his love for all things Harrold and Gionta

get lost Pete

Old
02-10-2014, 10:15 PM
StvBroDan
vPLAY WITH HEARTv

Yes, yes, yes, I can say that," Zubrus said. "I've had tons of coaches and I do think Pete's done a very good job. I think he has a good sense of what our team is and how we should be playing. Throughout the game, I think we make some good adjustments, too. He's good at noticing what works, what doesn't work."

Too many hits in the head Zubs cause I don't see it.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:18 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Well I can hardly blame Zubrus for loving Pete, he's never been better/more valuable as a Devil than he's been the last three years in Pete's system. The irony is Pete's distant cousin Sutter hated Zubrus (and Elias) lol

Old
02-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

I don't expect any of these players to come out and say ''Yeah Pete ****in blows. **** that guy, new coach plz Lou''

From what I remember, people said nice things about Johnny Mac too, other than Kovalchuk. Though Marty unintentionally buried him with the ''There's no strategy, we just put on our skates and go out there'' comment.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
Send it

Panther fans told us everything that would happen under Pete and it all came true. I think it's only a downhill slide from here unless Lou acquires Vanek.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

I'm Joe Kennedy. If you need help with Pete this Winter, call me at 1-877-JOE-4-OIL. Because no one should ever be left to suffer through Pete DeBoer coaching their favorite team!

Old
02-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Everybody except for Barr can get bent.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:55 PM
billingtons ghost

Handled goaltender deal as well as could be expected.
Has a decent system with right personnel.
Team comes to play most nights.

Death to our young players.
Ridiculous personnel and ice time decisions.
Terrible line swapping.

All in all - with the group he's got and the way they are underperforming individually, he'll win the Adams if they get to the playoffs.

The fact is - he's got a goaltender and little else.

I would prefer that Lou builds our future by dealing most of our vets.

Old
02-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Semak

vCash:
I don't particularly dislike or hate PDB. But this team as presently constituted and upcoming the transition of the organization to young players, he's just not the right fit.

I think or more like hope that when the year ends with a whimper he won't be resigned. For as much as we criticize Lou, he's no dope. He has to know that young players and adjusting his system to the players at his disposal is not Pete's strong suit.

Now if PDB gets re-signed then I will start doubting Lou's mindset. And with a new ownership looking to see some returns on their investment, I doubt they would sign off on a contract for a coach coming off two subpar seasons, omnipotent Lou or not.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

I still maintain that the problems go way beyond Pete.

This is all because of poor drafting and development of players prior to Pete even coming to the organization. Not having someone in the pipeline to replace Parise has basically ****ed this team. Kovalchuk leaving was out of Lou's control, I cannot fault him for that.

But something must be done with the team's scouting when it comes to forwards. They are the most barren team in the NHL at forward and it's ****ing pathetic.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
I don't particularly dislike or hate PDB. But this team as presently constituted and upcoming the transition of the organization to young players, he's just not the right fit.

I think or more like hope that when the year ends with a whimper he won't be resigned. For as much as we criticize Lou, he's no dope. He has to know that young players and adjusting his system to the players at his disposal is not Pete's strong suit.

Now if PDB gets re-signed then I will start doubting Lou's mindset. And with a new ownership looking to see some returns on their investment, I doubt they would sign off on a contract for a coach coming off two subpar seasons, omnipotent Lou or not.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go at seasons end. Then Lou will say something along the lines of ''He was a fantastic coach for us, but we didn't like the way several of our younger players were progressing'' or something like that.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Semak

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
I still maintain that the problems go way beyond Pete.

This is all because of poor drafting and development of players prior to Pete even coming to the organization. Not having someone in the pipeline to replace Parise has basically ****ed this team. Kovalchuk leaving was out of Lou's control, I cannot fault him for that.

But something must be done with the team's scouting when it comes to forwards. They are the most barren team in the NHL at forward and it's ****ing pathetic.
I don't necessarily disagree but short of ownership suddenly cleaning house, I don't think it will happen this year if ever before Lou retiring. For now, all we can clamor for is a new coach and perhaps some young D for young forward swaps. Both off season type transactions.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Absolutely NOTHING has changed over these last 100+ games. A million different forwards have come in and out and there's zero improvement. The system just doesn't fit this squad anymore. They haven't scored consistently since the second half of 2012. 2 years of the same old slop. I don't know what more you need to see to figure out that it just isn't working with him.

Don't even get me started on the way he handles the young talent we have. That's appalling.

Last edited by Benedict Parisechuk: 02-10-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Last year Lou continuously said ''We felt that a lot of our players were having off years, in which they produced under their career norms'' and stuff of the like. It seems people are still producing under their career norms. So at this point Lou either has to admit the team sucks, or maybe take other measures like relieving Pete of his services.

I don't think this team is any good, but I think Pete shoots himself in the foot with the way he handles things. I think he really doesn't do himself any favors. He also seems to take a while to adjust things. To his credit, he finally realized who the best goaltender on the team is, but even that might have taken a couple weeks longer than it should have.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
I don't necessarily disagree but short of ownership suddenly cleaning house, I don't think it will happen this year if ever before Lou retiring. For now, all we can clamor for is a new coach and perhaps some young D for young forward swaps. Both off season type transactions.
Ownership will step in once they wake up and smell the coffee. Were most likely going on 2 straight years, and 3 out of the last 4 years of no playoffs. Attendance is already down and there's going to be a decent amount of people who don't renew season tickets after this year, if they don't agree with the on ice product. Once there revenue starts to hit the skids, there will be house cleaning, or at least I hope. It may not be this summer but it will be sooner rather than later, especially with the embarrassment the organization is going to receive after we hand over a top 8 pick to Gary.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Lou not firing Pete this season....he is basically saying they suck. If he thought they had any potential to turn it around with a different coach, Pete would be gone by now.

Like Ftorek in 2000
Like Julien in 2007

Lou pulls the trigger when he feels it's right....

Old
02-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Parisechuk View Post
Absolutely NOTHING has changed over these last 100+ games. A million different forwards have come in and out and there's zero improvement. The system just doesn't fit this squad anymore. They haven't scored consistently since the second half of 2012. 2 years of the same old slop. I don't what more you need to see to figure out that it just isn't working with him.

Don't even get me started on the way he handles the young talent we have. That's appalling.
People have constantly said that ''This system keeps us in games'' and I don't disagree with them at all. This system DOES keep us in games. At the same time, I feel this system also might keep us out of games. Look at our game the other night. The Capitals barely showed up, yet they had much better scoring opportunities than we did. We applied that aggressive forecheck, yet most of the opportunities weren't very high quality at all. I don't feel that Holtby had to stand on his head one bit. Team uses a lot of energy playing that well, but it's really all for nothing. It's not Pete's fault that we don't have the roster to play this kind of system, but it will take a change of some sort. I've felt since Kovalchuks injury last year that we were not cut out for this type of play.

This team works awfully hard, only to wind up scoring 1-2 goals tops per game, sometimes 0 goals per game.

Closed Thread