HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Finding the Avs a defenseman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
  #51
cgf
Aves Fan
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,008
vCash: 500
I'd go as high as PAP, our first and Elliott/Sgar/2nd for one of Edler/Markov/Erhoff/Kulikov/Greene/Gorges/Giordano. Not all of that for all of them, and there's a few other guys who fit the bill, but anything more than that leaving town makes it not worth it. So no Staz, no O'Reilly, no McGinn, no Barrie. If that doesn't work, well then it is what it is and we see what FA brings.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 03:38 PM
  #52
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
You can sign him long term once you get him. Problem solved. Good deal for both clubs.
If he will truly sign here we can just get him for free in the off-season.


Great deal for one club, terrible for another.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:01 PM
  #53
staalgood
Registered User
 
staalgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
This definitely wouldn't be a "sexy" trade proposal, but might be more useful than first impression.

What about Jay Harrison and Manny Malhotra for Jamie McGinn?

Harrison is a left-side defenseman that is solid and has worked well with younger defenders. Just look at how he helped bring Justin Faulk along for the Hurricanes the past 2 seasons. Maybe he could help Tyson Barrie progress even further. Harrison is a pretty physical defenseman, will stick up for his teammates, can provide a little offense and is on a very affordable contract.

Malhotra would be a UFA at the end of the season, but he is a veteran presence that could be really useful on the 4th line for a playoff team. He kills penalties, contributes some offensively and is excellent in the faceoff circle.

McGinn seems to be a very streaky player, but is a young player. He plays physical and that is what Jordan Staal needs on his line and one of Jamie's younger brothers is in the Canes organization.

Again, it's not a knock your socks off trade, but could possibly be useful to both teams.

staalgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
  #54
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by staalgood View Post
This definitely wouldn't be a "sexy" trade proposal, but might be more useful than first impression.

What about Jay Harrison and Manny Malhotra for Jamie McGinn?

Harrison is a left-side defenseman that is solid and has worked well with younger defenders. Just look at how he helped bring Justin Faulk along for the Hurricanes the past 2 seasons. Maybe he could help Tyson Barrie progress even further. Harrison is a pretty physical defenseman, will stick up for his teammates, can provide a little offense and is on a very affordable contract.

Malhotra would be a UFA at the end of the season, but he is a veteran presence that could be really useful on the 4th line for a playoff team. He kills penalties, contributes some offensively and is excellent in the faceoff circle.

McGinn seems to be a very streaky player, but is a young player. He plays physical and that is what Jordan Staal needs on his line and one of Jamie's younger brothers is in the Canes organization.

Again, it's not a knock your socks off trade, but could possibly be useful to both teams.
Brutal offer.

Extremely easy no for the Avs. Terrible quantity for decent quality.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
  #55
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
I don't mind Harrison at all, but McGinn would not be going the other way in that deal.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
  #56
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkster19 View Post
This says Ehrhoff but Colorado fans do not want to give up what it is going to take
Biggest problem with Ehrhoff is the recapture penalty for Buffalo. That's either going to make them keep him, or drive the price into the unreasonable range.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:44 PM
  #57
storosten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Nyr-avs

Nyr-parentau, stastny

Avs-girardi, pick

storosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:23 PM
  #58
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 500
Markov + Holland or Nattinen for McGinn + 1st

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
  #59
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest
 
OnlyRevolutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by storosten View Post
Nyr-parentau, stastny

Avs-girardi, pick
I don't see the Avs doing it. I don't think they'd even do Stas for Girardi and a pick, especially when Stas seems to be a slam-dunk for resigning while Girardi is a question mark. I personally don't have interest for Parenteau on the Rangers.

OnlyRevolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
  #60
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 3,503
vCash: 500
If you are interested in moving Landeskog for Yandle + Stone + another asset, we would be all ears.

That would solve your issues with the D permanently.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
  #61
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,850
vCash: 500
McGinn for Orpik

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:38 PM
  #62
Averick*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
So, my takeaway so far is that the best options are Markov (if doable), a combination of Greene/Larsson, and Kulikov.

My additional takeaway is that the Canucks want too much for Edler and the Sabres want too much for Ehrhoff.

The Greene/Larsson is definitely an idea that I haven't seen discussed in the Avs forums.

Averick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:38 PM
  #63
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
If you are interested in moving Landeskog for Yandle + Stone + another asset, we would be all ears.

That would solve your issues with the D permanently.
Yandle would definitely be of interest.

Stone, not so much, since EJ and Barrie are pretty much looking like our top 4 RHD for the foreseeable future. So, he'd essentially be a 3rd pairing guy for the Avs, and the Avs signed Guenin to an extension to apparently fill that role.

And unless that other asset is significant, you aren't going to convince the Avs to trade their captain.

Now, for OEL, that might be a different story.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
  #64
Devils Army
Zacha for President
 
Devils Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Stastny isn't moving. The Avs could use a PP QB, but that isn't even close to the biggest need with the defense. Barrie does an alright job in the PP QB and is just starting to grow into it. If the Avs could get a 2 way guy that could be a decent PP QB for the 2nd unit, that would be good enough.


Markov would be a great get as he is good enough defensively that he would allow Hejda to move back with Barrie.
What about Zidlicky?
And Greene is very undervalued on this site he is worth much much more than you think, he is our #1 d-man and can play on a PP but can also play solid defense plus he has a goof contract, only about 3.25 mil a year, to get him you'll need McGinn+ a first and maybe a 3rd or Offensive prospect, but if your talking both Larsson and Greene your talking major assets, Larsson isn't nearly worth what he was expected to be but for some reason teams are still interested in him


Last edited by Devils Army: 02-13-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:40 PM
  #65
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
McGinn for Orpik
I think this has been discussed, and both teams haven't seemed that opposed to it. Pens probably need to add something to make up for the age difference.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:42 PM
  #66
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
What about Zidlicky?
Not a lot of interest in a 37 year old RHD who is a UFA after this season.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
  #67
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,306
vCash: 500
what about a deal with New Jersey for Larsson? would that be a possibility?

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM
  #68
Devils Army
Zacha for President
 
Devils Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Not a lot of interest in a 37 year old RHD who is a UFA after this season.
Larsson?
He could potentially be a good 2 way d-man, he probably be great for you guys even though he was mediocre for us

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM
  #69
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 3,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Yandle would definitely be of interest.

Stone, not so much, since EJ and Barrie are pretty much looking like our top 4 RHD for the foreseeable future. So, he'd essentially be a 3rd pairing guy for the Avs, and the Avs signed Guenin to an extension to apparently fill that role.

And unless that other asset is significant, you aren't going to convince the Avs to trade their captain.

Now, for OEL, that might be a different story.
Would you be interested in something like this?

Yandle + Gormley

for

Landeskog + 1st in 2015 (likely 20-30 pick)

That solves your problem on your entire LHD side in a big way, permanently, and probably makes your D corps one of the tops in the league.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
  #70
Averick*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Would you be interested in something like this?

Yandle + Gormley

for

Landeskog + 1st in 2015 (likely 20-30 pick)

That solves your problem on your entire LHD side in a big way, permanently, and probably makes your D corps one of the tops in the league.
Not happening.

Averick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:48 PM
  #71
Devils Army
Zacha for President
 
Devils Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Would you be interested in something like this?

Yandle + Gormley

for

Landeskog + 1st in 2015 (likely 20-30 pick)

That solves your problem on your entire LHD side in a big way, permanently, and probably makes your D corps one of the tops in the league.
No way they give up Landeskog unless OEL is on discussion

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
  #72
Devils Army
Zacha for President
 
Devils Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
That's almost what it would take for one, let alone both Greene and Larsson. Maybe more, depending on just how highly the Devils value Larsson.
Who is Sgarbossa though I don't know much of anything about him

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:50 PM
  #73
IWantSakicAsMyGM
Registered User
 
IWantSakicAsMyGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Would you be interested in something like this?

Yandle + Gormley

for

Landeskog + 1st in 2015 (likely 20-30 pick)

That solves your problem on your entire LHD side in a big way, permanently, and probably makes your D corps one of the tops in the league.
It's definitely tempting, but I just don't see the Avs trading Landeskog. Any interest in a deal for just Gormley? Maybe PAP+ or McGinn+?

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM
  #74
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
Larsson?
He could potentially be a good 2 way d-man, he probably be great for you guys even though he was mediocre for us
What would be the asking price for Larsson?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
  #75
RSeen
Registered User
 
RSeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
Done.
No not done he doesn't speak for Devil's fans that is awful. I wouldn't trade Larsson for that alone, let alone our best D man.

Counter:
PAP
2nd round pick 2014

For

Ryder
Volchenkov (@ 3.75 million cap hit (500k retained), 2 more seasons after this one)

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.