HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

CBJ interested in Yakupov

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Nothing. That's a decent starting offer
JJ + Jenner would net us a player who is currently playing at the level that we'd hope Yakupov would be at in a few years. A playoff hopeful team like Columbus can't be moving its top defensemen + a solid, young top-6 forward for youth.

If Yakupov gets moved, the return won't go a long ways towards fixing the Oilers. They need to keep him.

Last edited by Crede777: 02-13-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old
02-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Homesick

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutagenesis View Post
Knowing the Edmonton management team it'd probably be something like Wisniewski + 2nd for Yakupov.
You obviously don't know much about MacTavish then. Somehow managed to ditch Horcoff and his albatross of a contract. Picked up Perron for a 2nd and Paajarvi(HF considered him a bust). Also picked up Scrivens(who was overrated in LA because of their system but playing better in Edmonton) I'd love for you to show me these examples where he's been fleeced on deals....or you'll probably just scurry away

Old
02-13-2014, 10:57 PM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

granted recent Yak's performance, I highly doubt the Oilers will move him and if they do, it will require a package that's not even reasonable for other teams

Old
02-13-2014, 11:02 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

I don't see how this would benefit CBJ unless EDM gets ripped off. Yak is a young prospect who is struggling (he's still only 20 though). CBJ does need a top scoring winger but Yak isn't that. At least not yet.

Most of all, what EDM would ask for in return would most likely not be suitable for CBJ. Dubi? Big part of the team right now. Joey? Career year and young. Murray? He's our future franchise defender. JJ? Would leave too big of a hole on defense. Anisimov? EDM would ask more Anisimov+ and I don't think it would be a small piece either.

Realistically, a fair value would be:

EDM:
Top 4 D-Man who is young
1st and/or 2nd rounder
Top prospect

It may or may not sound like a lot but EDM, a bottom feeder, would be trading away the first overall pick of a draft a year ago. They should be asking for a high return since the kid is still not nearly old enough to be even considered a bust.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:03 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 560
Again, discuss the rumor, not the source. This is the last warning and infractions will follow.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
JJ + Jenner would net us a player who is currently playing at the level that we'd hope Yakupov would be at in a few years.
Yak has 40 goal potential... so which of Ovechkin Crosby Neal Malkin Stamkos Perry or Marleau are you getting for JJ + Jenner...

Old
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
tony d
sugar crisp

Yakupov would be a good fit in Columbus but I doubt they'd give up Ryan Murray to get him.

02-13-2014, 11:05 PM
JackJ

I'm sure the Blue Jackets are itching to get another flight risk Russian.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:08 PM
SchultzSquared*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Such a flight risk he has lived in Canada since 2010... honestly posts like this should be considered on par with racism homophobia etc... just because he is of one nationality does not mean he is automatically headed home... if that were the case he would have bailed when a rookie NHL coach had him on the fourth line and press box... he is here to stay and your baseless ignorance does not change that

Old
02-13-2014, 11:11 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
MacT won't trade Yak for quantity, so if Murray and RyJo aren't getting moved neither will Yak. IMO.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
You do realize Columbus has four Russian Olympians on the current roster, right?

Old
02-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojacketsgo61 View Post
I don't see how this would benefit CBJ unless EDM gets ripped off. Yak is a young prospect who is struggling (he's still only 20 though). CBJ does need a top scoring winger but Yak isn't that. At least not yet.

Most of all, what EDM would ask for in return would most likely not be suitable for CBJ. Dubi? Big part of the team right now. Joey? Career year and young. Murray? He's our future franchise defender. JJ? Would leave too big of a hole on defense. Anisimov? EDM would ask more Anisimov+ and I don't think it would be a small piece either.

Realistically, a fair value would be:

EDM:
Top 4 D-Man who is young
1st and/or 2nd rounder
Top prospect

It may or may not sound like a lot but EDM, a bottom feeder, would be trading away the first overall pick of a draft a year ago. They should be asking for a high return since the kid is still not nearly old enough to be even considered a bust.
I think Eberle is a better fit for CBJ

Quote:
So lame Bobrovsky, Tyutin, Anisimov, and Nikitin say hi! I guess since you're so knowledgeable on this topic what low end picks/prospects would it take to acquire these players before they bolt back to mother Russia?

Old
02-13-2014, 11:15 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
I don't doubt Edmonton has a gotten a few calls about Yak, but I'm guessing this is just more tire kicking.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Such a flight risk he has lived in Canada since 2010... honestly posts like this should be considered on par with racism homophobia etc... just because he is of one nationality does not mean he is automatically headed home... if that were the case he would have bailed when a rookie NHL coach had him on the fourth line and press box... he is here to stay and your baseless ignorance does not change that
Well said. Comments like that are just not needed on here

Old
02-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Birko19

Don't buy the rumor, but even if there's some truth to it. After Zherdev and Filatov, the Jackets are better off staying away from Yakupov.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:20 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
JJ + Jenner would net us a player who is currently playing at the level that we'd hope Yakupov would be at in a few years. A playoff hopeful team like Columbus can't be moving its top defensemen + a solid, young top-6 forward for youth.

If Yakupov gets moved, the return won't go a long ways towards fixing the Oilers. They need to keep him.
In what universe is Jenner a top 6 forward, while Yakupov is simply "youth"? And as SchultzSquared said, what team is going to give you a 40 goal scorer for that package?

02-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Homesick

Quote:
In what universe is Jenner a top 6 forward, while Yakupov is simply "youth"? And as SchultzSquared said, what team is going to give you a 40 goal scorer for that package?
I'm confused now

Old
02-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
The flyers implosion? Wasnt that 3 years ago?So that was the last time?
Someone asked if he was credible, and someone posted something that he nailed before everyone else... and now you're complaining that it was three years ago? He's credible. The difference is he reports everything he hears... other than just stuff that is more than just a rumor like most of the other guys do. This leads to him being wrong more often then right.

Quote:
Quote:
Yak has 40 goal potential... so which of Ovechkin Crosby Neal Malkin Stamkos Perry or Marleau are you getting for JJ + Jenner...
Huh? Yes Yak has that potential, but he's not a 40 goal guy - or anywhere close to it yet. Any trade for him is a bet on his potential to be that guy. However hes really struggling, and until he puts it together again there's a risk that he might not. Unlikely, but it's there to an extent. No one is going to give Edmonton anything close to what they'd give for an established 40g guy. It's just not going to happen, and is very unrealistic to expect it to.

Quote:
I think there's always that risk. Again, GMs are paid to be risk adverse (well most of them). Do I think Yak would go to Russia? No. He's been here for several years, speaks the language and seems to want to play with the best in the world. However... that could easily change. Say he has a bad season, has issues with the coach, didn't get a lot of icetime and was constantly beat up in the press. And then happens to have an expiring contract, and isn't getting what he feels he should be (just an FYI this could all be true as of next season)... Does going and playing for a season or two at home for big bucks start to look more appealing?

I don't think he'll leave... but then I didn't think Kovy would leave either. But it is a risk that a GM would have to be prepared to take, and some GMs are in better situations to take that then others.

02-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Archangel

vCash: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Too bad it's Eklund [mod] because a Murray for Yakupov trade would be legendary lol.
The only question I have is-- The Jackets have been burned by 2 or 3 russians--why would they get a 4th?

Old
02-14-2014, 12:28 AM
tempest2i
The Gloaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
The only question I have is-- The Jackets have been burned by 2 or 3 russians--why would they get a 4th?
If that was a concern why would they have 4 Russians on their team right now?

Old
02-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
And yet they have how many Russian Olympians (Tyutin, Anisimov, Nikitin and Bobrovsky).

Old
02-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Stephen

Quote:
He went home during the lockout, bailing on Sarnia...

Old
02-14-2014, 12:56 AM
wahsnairb

anyone thinking Ryan Johansen or Ryan Murray would be moved for Yakupov (forget a plus) is in Candyland

Old
02-14-2014, 01:01 AM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Not taking quantity for quality, sorry.
Does no one find the irony in this post?

Old
02-14-2014, 01:03 AM
CanucksSayEh

Johansen-Yakupov sounds like a durty pairing.

Closed Thread