HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

CBJ interested in Yakupov

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
In what universe is Jenner a top 6 forward, while Yakupov is simply "youth"? And as SchultzSquared said, what team is going to give you a 40 goal scorer for that package?
Does the N in NHL stand for Narnia to you? Or did I magically miss the season when Yakupov scored 40 goals?

Also honest question, who was the last Oiler to score 40?

Old
02-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
The only question I have is-- The Jackets have been burned by 2 or 3 russians--why would they get a 4th?

Old
02-14-2014, 01:09 AM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

There's a reason we wanted and would have drafted Murray over Yakupov, and there's a reason why we rejected an entire draft to secure Murray. The organization didn't like Yakupov, and we have plenty of young scorers coming up in the organization already and we are scoring fine right now. This is a BS rumor.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
There's a reason we wanted and would have drafted Murray over Yakupov, and there's a reason why we rejected an entire draft to secure Murray. The organization didn't like Yakupov, and we have plenty of young scorers coming up in the organization already and we are scoring fine right now. This is a BS rumor.
Source on the rejection? No offence but it sounds like one of those "I don't have it, so it sucks!" kind of things.

Don't get me wrong, I like Murray.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:14 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Does the N in NHL stand for Narnia to you? Or did I magically miss the season when Yakupov scored 40 goals?

Petr Klima was the last, and he hit #40 on March 31, 1991.

The following players weren't even born yet:
Torey Krug
Chris Kreider
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Andrew Shaw
Robin Lehner
Evander Kane
Taylor Hall
Cam Fowler
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jeff Skinner
Tyler Seguin
Ryan Johansen
Gabriel Landeskog
Brandon Saad
Jaden Schwartz
Sean Couturier
Justin Faulk
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jonathan Huberdeau

Old
02-14-2014, 01:22 AM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Source on the rejection? No offence but it sounds like one of those "I don't have it, so it sucks!" kind of things.

Don't get me wrong, I like Murray.
Quote:
That's right, for the Jackets' No. 2 pick, the Islanders offered pick Nos. 4, 34, 65, 103, 125, 155 and 185. The bounty would have given the Jackets the following picks: 4, 31, 34, 62, 65, 95, 103, 125, 152, 155, 182 and 185. And if that weren't enough, the Jackets could have had the Kings' No. 30 if they wanted it.

Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson offered a "no comment" when reached by The Dispatch late Sunday. After Friday's first round, he did mention a "very attractive" trade offer the Blue Jackets declined before selection Murray, a precocious prospect whom many think could play in the NHL this season.
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...eir-picks.html

Keep scrolling down, the site is glitched.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Petr Klima was the last, and he hit #40 on March 31, 1991.

The following players weren't even born yet:
Torey Krug
Chris Kreider
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Andrew Shaw
Robin Lehner
Evander Kane
Taylor Hall
Cam Fowler
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jeff Skinner
Tyler Seguin
Ryan Johansen
Gabriel Landeskog
Brandon Saad
Jaden Schwartz
Sean Couturier
Justin Faulk
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jonathan Huberdeau
Being older, I remember that . Been a long time since. Sorry to ask another question. Who was the closest since? Hemsky?

Quote:
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...eir-picks.html

Keep scrolling down, the site is glitched.

Holy "Did Mike Milbury return?" Batman?

Seriously, yeah...didn't t know that. Thanks for the source.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
A lot of teams talk about getting the guy they wanted all along after the draft and how they would of selected him 1st overall regardless, the majority of the time that is BS, but in the Blue Jackets case I think it was true. There was rumors about us wanting to trade down and from little tidbits dropped in the media here, I think everyone in our organization had a pretty good inkling that Murray was who CBJ wanted. As has been leaked in the media our own scouts wanted Murray over top of Yakupov, but management (or more so ownership) stepped in and said to draft Yakupov.

Having said that I think it is overly presumptuous to say CBJ don't like Yakupov at all, I think it just means they like Murray better. Having said all that I don't foresee any package that CBJ would realistically offer that would entice me to trade Yakupov.

Old
02-14-2014, 01:47 AM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Quote:

It clearly isn't Narnia because that requires reading. OP said JJ and Jenner could return what we hope Yakupov will turn into in a few years. Yakupov has 40 goal upside, so therefore, JJ and Jenner must be able to return a 40 goal guy. I don't see that happening

02-14-2014, 01:58 AM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:
It clearly isn't Narnia because that requires reading. OP said JJ and Jenner could return what we hope Yakupov will turn into in a few years. Yakupov has 40 goal upside, so therefore, JJ and Jenner must be able to return a 40 goal guy. I don't see that happening
Nah man see, they take all that pressure and work for developing Yakupov for us.

Old
02-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdoom View Post
That would basically be Edmonton admitting they got that pick wrong.
They certainly did but not for the reason most think.

Old
02-14-2014, 02:05 AM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
If that was a concern why would they have 4 Russians on their team right now?
The point isn't to paint them all with the same broad brush.

They all need to be analyzed differently as they're different people individually. The fact though is that there is a risk and it's very real. It's incorrect to just dismiss anyone making a claim that there's a risk as xenophobic because that's not looking at the entire situation.

Just like the other poster said, I personally don't think he's a flight risk, but it's not outside the realm of possibility at all. There's a possibility and it's very real and people need to be aware of it. The GM's most definitely are.

Old
02-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Aceonfire*

I doubt it would be for Murray.

My guess is Jenner + ?

MacT loves guys like Jenner.

Old
02-14-2014, 02:25 AM
herashak

vCash: 50
erixon + jenner

Old
02-14-2014, 03:14 AM
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
MacT won't trade Yak for quantity, so if Murray and RyJo aren't getting moved neither will Yak. IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
I doubt it would be for Murray.

My guess is Jenner + ?

MacT loves guys like Jenner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
erixon + jenner
I agree I really do think Jenner would be great for the Oilers. I think he would be a fan fav in 1-2 yrs. Even though Yak may get 10+ points/yr than Jenner, Jenners game will translate well to amping up the other big guns. IMO Jenner could be a franchise changing pick up for the Oil.

Old
02-14-2014, 05:06 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

I am not implying Jenner is, or will be, a better overall by player than Yak when I say this but recently John Davidson came out publicly and included him the the core and the CBJ have forges an identity that screams Jenner. He is playing excellent hockey at the moment and appears to have all tangibles and intangibles the CBJ want in a future captain. He is playing in the top 6 and starting to put points up too.

Simply put, lump Jenner in with Murray, Johansen and Bobrovsky as highly unlikely assets to be moved for potential rather than a proven young stud. Yak may reach his potential and I would gladly take him on the CBJ but I personally am not willing to move any of the identified core and identity fits for him. He would be a really nice piece to have in hopes of seeing the development into what his potential appears to be.

Old
02-14-2014, 07:56 AM
McShiva
5-14-6-1

Yaks value is starting to go back up, not down. The reason why he is now on the first line is because he EARNED it. I know most of you don't watch oiler games because of the time difference, and are only repeating what some posters with a pathological hatred of all things Oilers are saying, because if you did watch the last few games, you wouldn't be saying the things you say.

Yak got the light bulb turned on, as he is close to a point a game the last few games, and is only 20. He is playing far better in his own end (Better than most of the team) and is showing his passing skills are very under rated. He has also been getting darn right feisty, if not a little dirty, and is getting under other teams skin a bit as well.

The only reason other teams are starting to notice is because he is playing a lot better, and starting to show why he is the FIRST Overall pick, and taken over Murphy. If the Oilers had really wanted Murphy, they would have taken him, as they did have the first pick. In other words, the Oilers were the only team that could actually say they got exactly the player they wanted and mean it. Ekland also mentioned the Habs and NYR as well, and judging from the list of untouchables from CBJ, I would suspect the Oilers would be more likely to get what they are looking for from them, not CBJ.

That would be a top 6 center, or a top pair defense man. This is what it will take to get one of the super kids, because to take anything less than that just won't help the team get out of the big hole the previous manager got them into. No draft picks, no prospects, no players that have "potential" based purely on what some random poster is speculating. I don't see MacT, who is actually paid to make trades, unlike the rest of us, to settle for anything else, we have enough youth on this team as it is.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Dema

I would take Nail in a heart beat. He is exactly the type of player the CBJ needs in a first line player IMO. Lots of heart and grit along with skill.

From a CBJ perspective I would be willing to give up Tyutin, Arty & a pick.
From a Oil perspective I would want either Dubinsky or Johnson for their leadership abilities.

Jenner is a nice piece but the Oilers don't need more youth trying to prove themselves IMO. And like others have said, Murray and Johansen are off limits for any player on any team.

With Nail going through his sophomore slump, and Murray/Johansen showing they belong in the NHL, I don't think these two teams are very good trading partners as much as people like to think. Yak won't by himself get either of those two by himself and CBJ will have a hard time partying with its newly formed leadership group.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:18 AM
pete goegan

Quote:
The Kings got Jeff Carter for JJ and a 1st. If Jenner is just what the Oilers think they need, that value is not far off. From the CBJ side, though, I wouldn't like it.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:23 AM
CBJSlash

The Jackets like most NHL have probably contacted the Oilers about Yakupov to see what the price tag would be given his current play and potential.

These teams would want to trade assets based on his current play and gamble on his potential and flight risk status.

The Oilers would want assets based on his potential.

I'm sure we called about him (hence the rumor), but it wouldn't be a trade for useful assets on our team. We'd probably offer something around Erixon, Rychel and a 1st. Something that based on his current level of play is more than fair (3 first round picks), but something the Oilers would quickly turn down.

We would not trade strong players (Johansen, Murray, Tyutin, JJ, Atkinson, Jenner, etc.) on our team for a player with no guarantee of shaking off his current level of play. There's no way that would happen. Thus no way this deal would happen.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:32 AM
spintheblackcircle
$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
MacT won't trade Yak for quantity, so if Murray and RyJo aren't getting moved neither will Yak. IMO.
Doubt Columbus would move either straight up for Yakupov. I sure as hell wouldn't.

02-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
The Jackets like most NHL have probably contacted the Oilers about Yakupov to see what the price tag would be given his current play and potential.

These teams would want to trade assets based on his current play and gamble on his potential and flight risk status.

The Oilers would want assets based on his potential.

I'm sure we called about him (hence the rumor), but it wouldn't be a trade for useful assets on our team. We'd probably offer something around Erixon, Rychel and a 1st. Something that based on his current level of play is more than fair (3 first round picks), but something the Oilers would quickly turn down.

We would not trade strong players (Johansen, Murray, Tyutin, JJ, Atkinson, Jenner, etc.) on our team for a player with no guarantee of shaking off his current level of play. There's no way that would happen. Thus no way this deal would happen.
Quoted for emphasis, effect and agreement.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:53 AM
mrinsane

Jack Johnson is an overpaiement for Yaks but somethin aroud Nikitin+Johansen and a pick from 2014 is more real

Old
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
Don't think Oilers have any interest in Atkinson, or picks. Would have to be a package centered around Dubinsky or Anisimov IMO. Personally, would rather trade other players before Yak. Him, RNH and Hall have the making of a unreal top line for a long time.
An Anisimov deal would make a whole heck of a lot of sense for the CBJ. Dunno if that's the right thing for the Oilers to go after, though - while an Artie type is needed there, I'm not sure if moving Yakupov is the way to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Highly doubts Edmonton wants JJ. Been there. Done that. See Cam Barker for another example of a D-man with tools and no toolbox.
Comparing JMFJ to Cam Barker is like comparing Alex Kovalev to Nikita Filatov. Both fit the "enigmatic Russian part-time worker" stereotype, but Kovalev managed to have an incredibly successful career regardless, while Filatov can't keep a job in the KHL, let alone the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutagenesis View Post
Knowing the Edmonton management team it'd probably be something like Wisniewski + 2nd for Yakupov.
Somebody hasn't been keeping up on current events. That would actually be unacceptable to the Jackets. Wisniewski is our top scoring defenseman and the straw that stirs the drink on our PP. We can't afford that hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Don't buy the rumor, but even if there's some truth to it. After Zherdev and Filatov, the Jackets are better off staying away from Yakupov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
The only question I have is-- The Jackets have been burned by 2 or 3 russians--why would they get a 4th?
Three Russian forwards, to be precise; Svitov, Zherdev, and Filatov. Despite that, we have the most Russian nationals of any NHL team on the roster - two of which are among our most important players (Bobrovsky and Tyutin).

Anti-Russian prejudice doesn't really exist here; we believe in equal opportunity bust potential.

I wouldn't mind picking up Yakupov, but right now he's still firmly entrenched in the "sell low" category and so moving him would be incredibly foolish on the part of the Oilers (akin to us, say, trading Johansen last year). If they're seriously considering moving him, I worry about their front office.

And just to reiterate again - guys like Johansen/Murray/Jenner/etc. aren't going to happen, so let's not waste people's time asking.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Old
02-14-2014, 09:09 AM
tucker3434

The target that would make the most sense would be Murray. But with Murray playing better than yak right now, I don't think cbj would trade even. I'd imagine they'd want a +. Edmonton can't trade 2012 1st overall + for the 2012 2nd overall. That would be a monumental failure.

I just don't see how there's a trade to be made there. Yaks value is at an all time low. He'll get it together. He just needs some time (or maybe a new coach). No point in trading him now.

Closed Thread