HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ interested in Yakupov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2014, 08:19 AM
  #101
HugginThePost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Yaks value is starting to go back up, not down. The reason why he is now on the first line is because he EARNED it. I know most of you don't watch oiler games because of the time difference, and are only repeating what some posters with a pathological hatred of all things Oilers are saying, because if you did watch the last few games, you wouldn't be saying the things you say.

Yak got the light bulb turned on, as he is close to a point a game the last few games, and is only 20. He is playing far better in his own end (Better than most of the team) and is showing his passing skills are very under rated. He has also been getting darn right feisty, if not a little dirty, and is getting under other teams skin a bit as well.

The only reason other teams are starting to notice is because he is playing a lot better, and starting to show why he is the FIRST Overall pick, and taken over Murphy. If the Oilers had really wanted Murphy, they would have taken him, as they did have the first pick. In other words, the Oilers were the only team that could actually say they got exactly the player they wanted and mean it. Ekland also mentioned the Habs and NYR as well, and judging from the list of untouchables from CBJ, I would suspect the Oilers would be more likely to get what they are looking for from them, not CBJ.

That would be a top 6 center, or a top pair defense man. This is what it will take to get one of the super kids, because to take anything less than that just won't help the team get out of the big hole the previous manager got them into. No draft picks, no prospects, no players that have "potential" based purely on what some random poster is speculating. I don't see MacT, who is actually paid to make trades, unlike the rest of us, to settle for anything else, we have enough youth on this team as it is.
My favorite part.

It's interesting to see him go from "we have to trade him before his value is so low we won't get anything for him" to "top pairing D-man or huge first line center". This over the span of 7 games in which the goalies have played lights out. While they seem to be in the games a bit more, the wins have come on the backs of the goalies.

HugginThePost is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  #102
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Motivational Guru
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Jack Johnson is an overpaiement for Yaks but somethin aroud Nikitin+Johansen and a pick from 2014 is more real
If you consider Jack Johnson to be an overpayment for Nail, then Johansen by himself would be an even more significant overpayment, let alone adding Nikitin and a pick.

Matt Foley is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 08:31 AM
  #103
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Jack Johnson is an overpaiement for Yaks but somethin aroud Nikitin+Johansen and a pick from 2014 is more real
JMFJ is an overpayment but we have to add two assets to Johansen?

what is this i dont even

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:28 AM
  #104
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,271
vCash: 500
would be funny if Murray got dealt for Yakupov.

EDM needs D and CLB has some D like Erixon who has been playing in the minors.

The Oilers should of drafted on need and flipped Yak for Murray plus some other pieces to being with in hindsight

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:32 AM
  #105
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
would be funny if Murray got dealt for Yakupov.

EDM needs D and CLB has some D like Erixon who has been playing in the minors.

The Oilers should of drafted on need and flipped Yak for Murray plus some other pieces to being with in hindsight
CBJ preferred Murray all the way. Rightly so, in my opinion.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
  #106
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Jack Johnson is an overpaiement for Yaks but somethin aroud Nikitin+Johansen and a pick from 2014 is more real
Johansen is worth two Jack Johnson's. He's the up and coming Toews.

__________________
Gots all my pertinence on it and such
SpinTheBlackCircle is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
  #107
Sundinisagod
King Joffrey 2.0
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
would be funny if Murray got dealt for Yakupov.

EDM needs D and CLB has some D like Erixon who has been playing in the minors.

The Oilers should of drafted on need and flipped Yak for Murray plus some other pieces to being with in hindsight
It would be hilarious because it would have to be Yak+ for the guy drafted right behind him.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:05 AM
  #108
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 72
No way the CBJ include Johansen, Murray or Jenner in a potential deal involving Yakupov. Not going to happen.

I also don't see any deal involving Tyutin or Johnson. Johnson is one of the leaders of the team and I believe Tyutin is tremendously respected / valued in the locker room by the other Russians on this team.

Final thought, Yak doesnt seem to fit the identity of this team. However, it wouldn't surprise me the CBJ inquired as to an asking price.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
  #109
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
No way the CBJ include Johansen, Murray or Jenner in a potential deal involving Yakupov. Not going to happen.

I also don't see any deal involving Tyutin or Johnson. Johnson is one of the leaders of the team and I believe Tyutin is tremendously respected / valued in the locker room by the other Russians on this team.

Final thought, Yak doesnt seem to fit the identity of this team. However, it wouldn't surprise me the CBJ inquired as to an asking price.
Other Russians, hell. So far as I can tell Tyutin is the Quiet Mister Confidence for everybody on the roster, not just his fellow countrymen.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
  #110
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It clearly isn't Narnia because that requires reading. OP said JJ and Jenner could return what we hope Yakupov will turn into in a few years. Yakupov has 40 goal upside, so therefore, JJ and Jenner must be able to return a 40 goal guy. I don't see that happening
How do you get this? Where is the guarantee that Yakupov will score 40 goals? If he never scores more than 30 (even though he has 40 goal upside) then please explain to me why those two have to return a player that Yak may never become.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:13 AM
  #111
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Jack Johnson is an overpaiement for Yaks but somethin aroud Nikitin+Johansen and a pick from 2014 is more real
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

NHL.com is your friend. At this point I would want Yak+ for Johansen.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:15 AM
  #112
Anisimovs AK
Registered User
 
Anisimovs AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck View Post
Or Ryan Murray+
And that would be justified how?

Anisimovs AK is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:19 AM
  #113
blue bleeder 24-7
Registered User
 
blue bleeder 24-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,745
vCash: 500
Yakupov doesn't seem like the type of player JD and Jarmo would be interested in.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:43 AM
  #114
Jacques Strap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
You need to look up the definition of Karma, cause that aint it/

Maybe you need to look it up, Webster?

Definition:

fate; destiny. Synonyms: predestination, predetermination.

Jacques Strap is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
  #115
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,306
vCash: 500
Doubt it happens, but if it does probably JJ, Doubt CBJ trades murray for yak.

Johansen with Yak could be quite nice!

PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:54 AM
  #116
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Tyutin and Rychel for Nail

Done.

IHeartZherdev is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:01 AM
  #117
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Tyutin and Rychel for Nail

Done.
Rejected.

roboninja is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:03 AM
  #118
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
I see these two teams as being good trade partners. CBJ are not going to trade their number one centre man or Wiz. They have Dubi, Anisimov that are both centres and Dubi has one year left on his contract.

Dubi will want about 6 mil for his next contract. He will be 28 this summer so probably about a 6 yr deal. He is on pace for about 57 points which would only be the second time that he has hit 50 points.

Is CBJ going to want to pay him 6mil and at the same time their top centreman is a RFA and they will probably sign him to a long term deal.

I can see a deal in the off season with Yak going to CBJ with Dubi plus coming back. That would be the big question though what would the plus be.

Lets be realistic also EDM has Marincin who is playing in the NHL now and the Olympics and is playing a top 4 role. Playing very well also. They have Klefbom and Nurse that are also projected to be top 4 dmen. These are all left shooting dmen. I can not see EDM be interested in another left shooting dman.

Prospects that EDM would be interested in Jenner, Rychel, Dansk, Wennberg, and 2014 1st round pick.

For EDM I would want Dubi (talked to before hand to ensure that he will resign in EDM0, Jenner and one of the other players or 14 1st.

CBJ gets a winger that will play on the top line with Johansen and those two would be very nice dual for 10-12 yrs. EDM gets their 2C and a nice prospects and pick to help fill other parts.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:07 AM
  #119
IHeartZherdev
Registered User
 
IHeartZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I see these two teams as being good trade partners. CBJ are not going to trade their number one centre man or Wiz. They have Dubi, Anisimov that are both centres and Dubi has one year left on his contract.

Dubi will want about 6 mil for his next contract. He will be 28 this summer so probably about a 6 yr deal. He is on pace for about 57 points which would only be the second time that he has hit 50 points.

Is CBJ going to want to pay him 6mil and at the same time their top centreman is a RFA and they will probably sign him to a long term deal.

I can see a deal in the off season with Yak going to CBJ with Dubi plus coming back. That would be the big question though what would the plus be.

Lets be realistic also EDM has Marincin who is playing in the NHL now and the Olympics and is playing a top 4 role. Playing very well also. They have Klefbom and Nurse that are also projected to be top 4 dmen. These are all left shooting dmen. I can not see EDM be interested in another left shooting dman.

Prospects that EDM would be interested in Jenner, Rychel, Dansk, Wennberg, and 2014 1st round pick.

For EDM I would want Dubi (talked to before hand to ensure that he will resign in EDM0, Jenner and one of the other players or 14 1st.

CBJ gets a winger that will play on the top line with Johansen and those two would be very nice dual for 10-12 yrs. EDM gets their 2C and a nice prospects and pick to help fill other parts.
EDM isn't looking for more first round picks and prospects, and why would they want Dubi when they already have Perron? and Ganger?

IHeartZherdev is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:12 AM
  #120
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Tyutin and Rychel for Nail

Done.
EDM is not going to trade for left shooting dman. Does not make sense for CBJ to give up their 2nd best dman.

EDM has Marincin who is only 21, Klefbom who is only 20 and Nurse who is only 19 who are all left shooting dmen. Marincin is playing in the NHL now who is playing 20 mins the last few games. Klefbom will be ready next year. EDM needs a right shooting dman if they are going to get a dman.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
  #121
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
EDM isn't looking for more first round picks and prospects, and why would they want Dubi when they already have Perron? and Ganger?
Dubi is a legit 2C hat wins faceoff an plays a hard gritty game. He has size, very good at FO at 54%. Jenner is ready for the NHL now and would add size to our top 9. CBJ is getting the far superior talent but we would be receiving two players that would help out our team and give it dimension what we need.
Perron is a winger not a centre man.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
  #122
OutForMilk
Registered User
 
OutForMilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Being older, I remember that . Been a long time since. Sorry to ask another question. Who was the closest since? Hemsky?
Eberle. got 34 in 11-12.

OutForMilk is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:32 AM
  #123
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
It would be hilarious because it would have to be Yak+ for the guy drafted right behind him.
overrating Murray just a wee bit are we?

ManByng is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:43 AM
  #124
Sundinisagod
King Joffrey 2.0
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
overrating Murray just a wee bit are we?
Considering that CLB would have taken Murray 1st overall, and it looks like they were right about that, no I don't think I'm over-rating Murray at all.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
  #125
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Tyutin and Rychel for Nail

Done.
Dumping Tyutin won't bring back Zherdev. Quit it already.

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
EDM isn't looking for more first round picks and prospects, and why would they want Dubi when they already have Perron? and Ganger?
For the same reason we wanted Dubi and Artie - because they're hard working centers with size, and if you get enough guys with that competitive attitude, it helps change the culture.

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
overrating Murray just a wee bit are we?
Not really. It's more of a current-contributions thing.

Murray right now already looks like a sure thing - even if he never improves one iota beyond his current performance he's a top-quality #3 blueliner who's helping Wisniewski have a career year. Yakupov as he is right now (i.e if he never improves one iota beyond his current performance) is contributing about 15 goals per year (high-end third line/low-end second line production), has almost no defensive game to speak of, and has had a few developmental setbacks. Those are theoretical lows - both have tremendous upside that they're very likely to reach. And yet, Murray is doing great things now and has a likely future payoff, while Yakupov is primarily future payoff.

So, yeah, it'd be Murray+ - and no, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a sensible move for Edmonton.

Viqsi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.