HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Strome

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
  #101
OzzyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Strome doesn't move for anything other than Kesler+ or Edler+ on the Nucks. Sedins are too old and too expensive together. 2yrs of Kesler isn't really worth Strome, but 5yrs of Edler is interesting, although isles just used their last 2 1st's on reinhart/pulock, so.....

Don't really see a fit between the 2 teams at all. Kesler/Edler aren't the ideal age for the isles rebuild, and Strome is too expensive for the Nucks blood, as he's still a prospect, even if arguably one of the most expensive ones in the ahl. And Kesler IS their ideal "retooling" center right now if they are "retooling and not rebuilding", why trade him?

I'd say Kesler + Hansen for Strome is as close to as realistic as it gets imo. Isles need more future forward depth than they need more future d-men depth.

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM
  #102
schneider3509
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Strome doesn't move for anything other than Kesler+ or Edler+ on the Nucks. Sedins are too old and too expensive together. 2yrs of Kesler isn't really worth Strome, but 5yrs of Edler is interesting, although isles just used their last 2 1st's on reinhart/pulock, so.....

Don't really see a fit between the 2 teams at all. Kesler/Edler aren't the ideal age for the isles rebuild, and Strome is too expensive for the Nucks blood, as he's still a prospect, even if arguably one of the most expensive ones in the ahl. And Kesler IS their ideal "retooling" center right now if they are "retooling and not rebuilding", why trade him?

I'd say Kesler + Hansen for Strome is as close to as realistic as it gets imo. Isles need more future forward depth than they need more future d-men depth.
Is this a joke kesler and hansen for strome?????

schneider3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 09:59 PM
  #103
SI90
Registered User
 
SI90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 27,370
vCash: 500
Yeah Strome is untouchable at this point but if he was traded we would have to do Strome + for an established player like Kesler.

Strome has so much promise and is developing perfectly the way a player should but he's still just a prospect with no NHL track record.

That's like the wings asking for Okposo and grabner for Mantha.

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 10:22 PM
  #104
OzzyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Yeah Strome is untouchable at this point but if he was traded we would have to do Strome + for an established player like Kesler.

Strome has so much promise and is developing perfectly the way a player should but he's still just a prospect with no NHL track record.

That's like the wings asking for Okposo and grabner for Mantha.
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 10:23 PM
  #105
OzzyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.
Scratch, that. Mantha might be worth more than a couple years of Okposo if he's dominating the ahl in goalscoring.

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 10:36 PM
  #106
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Honestly, moving Strome for Edler or Kesler? A lot better than most offers I see for Strome.

The only way I'd move Strome is if a youngish star player was coming the other way, and I believe both Edler or Kesler could be that star.

Certainly an interesting proposition, and not one that should be easily dismissed.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
  #107
Isleswillrise*
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Honestly, moving Strome for Edler or Kesler? A lot better than most offers I see for Strome.

The only way I'd move Strome is if a youngish star player was coming the other way, and I believe both Edler or Kesler could be that star.

Certainly an interesting proposition, and not one that should be easily dismissed.
all that says Codee is that youre tired of losing.... I wouldnt trade Strome for either Straight up, Edler at 25 is the right type but his decision making is horrendous. and Kesler has been compromised by injury, Strome is a work in progress. remember John Tavares as a rookie? give Strome the chance to grow into his body. Skills like his are rare, Brock Nelson is physically able to compete now, Strome isnt. but it will come, Tavares has already started Ryan on his training regimen..... give it time..... Strome will be a solid contributor in no time, just give his body the time to mature

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 12:10 PM
  #108
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.


So in 1.5 years, when Okposo is all of 26 and 1/2 years old, the isles should trade him for a prospect?
Okposo gonna be too old for the young isles?

Oh man.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
  #109
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 44,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Honestly, moving Strome for Edler or Kesler? A lot better than most offers I see for Strome.

The only way I'd move Strome is if a youngish star player was coming the other way, and I believe both Edler or Kesler could be that star.

Certainly an interesting proposition, and not one that should be easily dismissed.
Youngish star?

Kesler is 30-YO and under contract for only two more years.

Edler is a star? Have you seen the way he has played this year?

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
  #110
SI90
Registered User
 
SI90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 27,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.
they wouldn't...I was just stating what it would cost...Kesler is a #1 center on some teams and he would be one of the best#2 in the league...

Strome has TONS of Potential but at this point its just that, Potential...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
  #111
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 44,583
vCash: 500
To me, calling Kesler a #1 center is a stretch. He has had two excellent seasons statistically, but is essentially a 50 to 60 point center. He is more like a Mike Peca type, stud defensively who is ideal as your #2.

I also wonder why it is that guys like Kesler and Edler, who can't even lead VAN into the playoffs, are suddenly going to transform us into a contender. VAN, even without those guys, is a better team than the Isles.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
  #112
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox Head View Post
With the emergence of Brock Nelson, the strong play of Frans Nielsen, and the obvious permanence of John Tavares on the first line, could Ryan Strome be available from the NYI?

The Canucks have serious need of a future top-line center, (especially if they decide to go full re-build) and I think Strome fits the bill perfectly.

With the Isles perhaps set to lose AMac, could a defenceman be of interest?

Or would something worked out around a Kesler/Strome swap be of any interest? Kesler is a very strong defensive center. He's been easily the best player on the Canucks this year - one of the few bright spots, and he shifts to RW seamlessly.

Any thoughts?
I don't understand your post.

The Islanders have great center depth, so they don't need their young hotshot prospect C, so in return they should trade him for.....yet another C?

I would think they would target elite young D before they went after another forward.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
  #113
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 44,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I don't understand your post.

The Islanders have great center depth, so they don't need their young hotshot prospect C, so in return they should trade him for.....yet another C?

I would think they would target elite young D before they went after another forward.

The one counterpoint to that (and I'm not saying I buy the argument) is that Kesler can also play wing.

Be that as it may, if the Isles trade their very best young prospect, they damn well better get a stud two-way dman (and, no, Edler is not a stud at this point) in the exchange.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
  #114
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,783
vCash: 500
Unless the trade is a CLEAR win for the Islanders, Strome will not be traded. Not much else to say here people.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.