HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Strome

Old
02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
OzzyFan

vCash: 500
Strome doesn't move for anything other than Kesler+ or Edler+ on the Nucks. Sedins are too old and too expensive together. 2yrs of Kesler isn't really worth Strome, but 5yrs of Edler is interesting, although isles just used their last 2 1st's on reinhart/pulock, so.....

Don't really see a fit between the 2 teams at all. Kesler/Edler aren't the ideal age for the isles rebuild, and Strome is too expensive for the Nucks blood, as he's still a prospect, even if arguably one of the most expensive ones in the ahl. And Kesler IS their ideal "retooling" center right now if they are "retooling and not rebuilding", why trade him?

I'd say Kesler + Hansen for Strome is as close to as realistic as it gets imo. Isles need more future forward depth than they need more future d-men depth.

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM
schneider3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Strome doesn't move for anything other than Kesler+ or Edler+ on the Nucks. Sedins are too old and too expensive together. 2yrs of Kesler isn't really worth Strome, but 5yrs of Edler is interesting, although isles just used their last 2 1st's on reinhart/pulock, so.....

Don't really see a fit between the 2 teams at all. Kesler/Edler aren't the ideal age for the isles rebuild, and Strome is too expensive for the Nucks blood, as he's still a prospect, even if arguably one of the most expensive ones in the ahl. And Kesler IS their ideal "retooling" center right now if they are "retooling and not rebuilding", why trade him?

I'd say Kesler + Hansen for Strome is as close to as realistic as it gets imo. Isles need more future forward depth than they need more future d-men depth.
Is this a joke kesler and hansen for strome?????

schneider3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 09:59 PM
SI90

Yeah Strome is untouchable at this point but if he was traded we would have to do Strome + for an established player like Kesler.

Strome has so much promise and is developing perfectly the way a player should but he's still just a prospect with no NHL track record.

That's like the wings asking for Okposo and grabner for Mantha.

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 10:22 PM
OzzyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Yeah Strome is untouchable at this point but if he was traded we would have to do Strome + for an established player like Kesler.

Strome has so much promise and is developing perfectly the way a player should but he's still just a prospect with no NHL track record.

That's like the wings asking for Okposo and grabner for Mantha.
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.

Old
02-14-2014, 10:23 PM
OzzyFan

Quote:
Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I think it's 2yrs of Kesler+ for Strome. Kesler's close to a rental, why would the isles trade Strome+ for 2yrs of Kesler? I could see Okposo being flipped for Mantha if Mantha continues his play for another 1.5yrs+ into the ahl.
Scratch, that. Mantha might be worth more than a couple years of Okposo if he's dominating the ahl in goalscoring.

Old
02-14-2014, 10:36 PM
CodeE

Honestly, moving Strome for Edler or Kesler? A lot better than most offers I see for Strome.

The only way I'd move Strome is if a youngish star player was coming the other way, and I believe both Edler or Kesler could be that star.

Certainly an interesting proposition, and not one that should be easily dismissed.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Isleswillrise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Honestly, moving Strome for Edler or Kesler? A lot better than most offers I see for Strome.

The only way I'd move Strome is if a youngish star player was coming the other way, and I believe both Edler or Kesler could be that star.

Certainly an interesting proposition, and not one that should be easily dismissed.
all that says Codee is that youre tired of losing.... I wouldnt trade Strome for either Straight up, Edler at 25 is the right type but his decision making is horrendous. and Kesler has been compromised by injury, Strome is a work in progress. remember John Tavares as a rookie? give Strome the chance to grow into his body. Skills like his are rare, Brock Nelson is physically able to compete now, Strome isnt. but it will come, Tavares has already started Ryan on his training regimen..... give it time..... Strome will be a solid contributor in no time, just give his body the time to mature

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 12:10 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:

So in 1.5 years, when Okposo is all of 26 and 1/2 years old, the isles should trade him for a prospect?
Okposo gonna be too old for the young isles?

Oh man.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post

Youngish star?

Kesler is 30-YO and under contract for only two more years.

Edler is a star? Have you seen the way he has played this year?

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
SI90

Quote:
they wouldn't...I was just stating what it would cost...Kesler is a #1 center on some teams and he would be one of the best#2 in the league...

Strome has TONS of Potential but at this point its just that, Potential...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Darth Milbury

To me, calling Kesler a #1 center is a stretch. He has had two excellent seasons statistically, but is essentially a 50 to 60 point center. He is more like a Mike Peca type, stud defensively who is ideal as your #2.

I also wonder why it is that guys like Kesler and Edler, who can't even lead VAN into the playoffs, are suddenly going to transform us into a contender. VAN, even without those guys, is a better team than the Isles.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox Head View Post
With the emergence of Brock Nelson, the strong play of Frans Nielsen, and the obvious permanence of John Tavares on the first line, could Ryan Strome be available from the NYI?

The Canucks have serious need of a future top-line center, (especially if they decide to go full re-build) and I think Strome fits the bill perfectly.

With the Isles perhaps set to lose AMac, could a defenceman be of interest?

Or would something worked out around a Kesler/Strome swap be of any interest? Kesler is a very strong defensive center. He's been easily the best player on the Canucks this year - one of the few bright spots, and he shifts to RW seamlessly.

Any thoughts?
I don't understand your post.

The Islanders have great center depth, so they don't need their young hotshot prospect C, so in return they should trade him for.....yet another C?

I would think they would target elite young D before they went after another forward.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I don't understand your post.

The Islanders have great center depth, so they don't need their young hotshot prospect C, so in return they should trade him for.....yet another C?

I would think they would target elite young D before they went after another forward.

The one counterpoint to that (and I'm not saying I buy the argument) is that Kesler can also play wing.

Be that as it may, if the Isles trade their very best young prospect, they damn well better get a stud two-way dman (and, no, Edler is not a stud at this point) in the exchange.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Unless the trade is a CLEAR win for the Islanders, Strome will not be traded. Not much else to say here people.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote