HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stl & edm

Old
02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Stl & edm

Do you guys see Stewart being available in the off season. He has one year left with a cap hit of 4.15mil. He is not having a good year and you have young players that can take his spot.

EDM needs some size on the wing and I would like to try him on a line with Hall and RNH.

What would you want for him in the off season?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:20 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Either in a package for an upgrade or something similar to the Perron trade, but ideally it would be for a center, not any other position. You guys don't really have that type of center, either a realistic upgrade or a young guy with potential.

We'd basically have to be in love with Lander or Roy, which I doubt that we would be.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:24 PM
KirkOut
Activate the Omega13

vCash: 50
For most teams I would say 1st+ a tier 2/3 center prospect but I doubt the Oilers would be looking to move their 2015 pick and certainly not 2014

KirkOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:57 PM
rockinghockey

The way Stewart has played this year I can't see him getting a top 10 pick. Your team is loaded with centreman. What about a dmen prospects like Gernat, Musil and picks.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 03:22 PM
KirkOut
Activate the Omega13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
The way Stewart has played this year I can't see him getting a top 10 pick. Your team is loaded with centreman. What about a dmen prospects like Gernat, Musil and picks.
I don't see it either, that's why I said what I said. And going forward are centers behind Backes are Sobotka and Berglund though Berglund has looked better on the wing. We have 4 or 5 solid looking D prospects with NHL potential. We have 0 center prospects that have any remote chance. In fact I think our only center prospects at all are Max Gardiner (sucks) and Phil McRae (in Europe, will never make NHL). Gernat, Musil, etc are nothing to us and we would look elsewhere if that is the best deal offered.

Old
02-14-2014, 03:59 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I love how we say we only need centers and are immediately countered by being told we are loaded with centers, how bout these scrub D?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
67Blues

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I love how we say we only need centers and are immediately countered by being told we are loaded with centers, how bout these scrub D?
Every Blues fan just needs to change their avatars to "We need centers" until people start to truly realize that we indeed need centers.

67Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Please tell me about all these centers we have cause I don't see them..

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:56 PM
FightingIrish17

If the Blues want a centre, Gagner is the only one the Oilers have that is expendable. A package involving Gagner + Klefbom may work. Or perhaps their 2015 1st.

FightingIrish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:01 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish17 View Post
If the Blues want a centre, Gagner is the only one the Oilers have that is expendable. A package involving Gagner + Klefbom may work. Or perhaps their 2015 1st.
Zero interest in Gagner or Klefbom.

However the Oilers' 2015 1st is by far the best offer I have seen for Stewart and we'd pretty much all do that in a heartbeat.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
FightingIrish17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Zero interest in Gagner or Klefbom.

However the Oilers' 2015 1st is by far the best offer I have seen for Stewart and we'd pretty much all do that in a heartbeat.
I would assume Oiler fans will hate that idea, however it is a good start. IMO the Blues would need to add, maybe a solid bottom 6 player or something.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Stripper

Quote:
I would assume Oiler fans will hate that idea, however it is a good start. IMO the Blues would need to add, maybe a solid bottom 6 player or something.
Patrik Berglund ?

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM
KirkOut
Activate the Omega13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Patrik Berglund ?
The problem is that the 2015 does not have fixed value, so if we keep adding players assuming the pick is gonna be really high, we in turn lower the value of the pick, since adding Berglund would help out. I would easily do Stewart for 2015 1st but would not do Stewart+Berglund

Old
02-14-2014, 06:12 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
*starts "Gagner for Stewart" chant*

*bans self from the internet*

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:13 PM
FightingIrish17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkOut View Post
The problem is that the 2015 does not have fixed value, so if we keep adding players assuming the pick is gonna be really high, we in turn lower the value of the pick, since adding Berglund would help out. I would easily do Stewart for 2015 1st but would not do Stewart+Berglund
I would think Edmonton would add if Berglund was in the deal for the very reason you mentioned. But that's the whole idea of trading for/trading a 1st, it has a huge risk especially for the Oilers.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:18 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

The thing with Gagner is Hitchcock would take one look at his defense and immediately shunt him to wing, where we literally have no need for players. Gagner simply can't play center on the Blues, therefore he isn't of use to us.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:20 PM
KirkOut
Activate the Omega13

Quote:
I would think Edmonton would add if Berglund was in the deal for the very reason you mentioned. But that's the whole idea of trading for/trading a 1st, it has a huge risk especially for the Oilers.
Yeah I understand the risk for Edmonton, and if I were EDM I wouldn't trade that pick. But the Blues also shouldn't trade two young middle 6 forwards for what could end up being not a top 5 pick. Stewart I can part with. Berglund too for a higher price, but right now he is an ideal reliable 3rd line player for us.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Gagner would just be a worse version of Roy, he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:22 PM
haterbehatin

Why in the world would Edmonton want to trade a 2015 1st round pick for Chris freaking Stewart.

The team that has no consistency game to game and is a maybe playoff team in 2015 wants to trade for another inconsistent player but worse yet another inconsistent player in a position that isin't a need.

Chris Stewart is a guy who it would make sense for Edmonton to target only if the Blues decided they were tired of his inconsistent play (likely in the summer) and wanted to ditch his cap hit to pursue someone like Ryan Miller.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:22 PM
FightingIrish17

Quote:
Yeah I understand the risk for Edmonton, and if I were EDM I wouldn't trade that pick. But the Blues also shouldn't trade two young middle 6 forwards for what could end up being not a top 5 pick. Stewart I can part with. Berglund too for a higher price, but right now he is an ideal reliable 3rd line player for us.
What about one of your goaltenders?

Old
02-14-2014, 06:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If Stewart goes to Edmonton, it would be their 2015 2nd+, just like Perron.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Stripper

Quote:
Of course I understand, I just wanted to see if that was the sort of "solid bottom 6" player he'd want, since that is exactly the player I would, myself, target.

If you were going to trade for the 1st 2015 pick... With those two players, I'd only hope the Blues would trade at the draft. Otherwise, you're making the Oilers better and you're risking a lot!

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:25 PM
KirkOut
Activate the Omega13

Quote:
What about one of your goaltenders?
As long as you don't mean Allen, yes. But why would you really want Halak or Elliott as they are both UFA.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
FightingIrish17

Quote:
As long as you don't mean Allen, yes. But why would you really want Halak or Elliott as they are both UFA.
I wasn't aware they were. I think you'll need to ask Oiler fans what the + should be, i'm just a neutral fan.

Old
02-14-2014, 06:31 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Why in the world would Edmonton want to trade a 2015 1st round pick for Chris freaking Stewart.

The team that has no consistency game to game and is a maybe playoff team in 2015 wants to trade for another inconsistent player but worse yet another inconsistent player in a position that isin't a need.

Chris Stewart is a guy who it would make sense for Edmonton to target only if the Blues decided they were tired of his inconsistent play (likely in the summer) and wanted to ditch his cap hit to pursue someone like Ryan Miller.
Exactly. And that's probably how every GM views Stewart's theoretical value. My fellow Blues fans are delusional in regards to what he could bring back. The only variable is a huge post-season which obviously won't happen because he's a horrible hockey player.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote