HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wayne Primeau ?

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Styles97

vCash: 500
Wayne Primeau ?

How come no one has contacted him ? He would be an excellant pickup.
Do you think Clarkie is waiting to sign all the restricted free agents before making a sign and trade deal?

Old
08-09-2005, 12:23 PM
jc4shrx

Send a message via AIM to jc4shrx
Primeau was apparently not too happy with his UFA status, according to the following article, and wants to stay in SJ.

Primeau UFA

Old
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
The correct body to your topic would have been "sucks."

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
Kinda like your post

08-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Jackmangurl05

Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles97
How come no one has contacted him ? He would be an excellant pickup.
Do you think Clarkie is waiting to sign all the restricted free agents before making a sign and trade deal?
I agree with you, he would be a good pick up for the Flyers, but there really no place for another center right now....

Old
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc4shrx
Primeau was apparently not too happy with his UFA status, according to the following article, and wants to stay in SJ.

Primeau UFA
Actually he was not (necessarily) a UFA - both he and the reporter were confused.

He is a potential Group V UFA (10 yrs service & below avg salary). He had untill Aug 5 to declare himself a UFA and as far as I have seen, he did not do so, so he remains an RFA.

http://www.nhl.com/players/freelist05.html

Quote:
POTENTIAL GROUP 5 FREE AGENTS

The following players: (i) have completed ten pro seasons or more (NHL or Minors, excluding Junior hockey), and (ii) in the 2004-05 season earned less than the NHL average salary of $1,390,896 and (iii) received a timely qualifying offer.

These players have the right to elect once in their careers to become Unrestricted Free Agents. If such players do not elect to become Unrestricted Free Agents, since their prior Clubs have tendered them qualifying offers, such players shall remain subject to draft choice compensation and right to match as applies to Group 2 Free Agents. The players listed below have until August 5, 2005 to elect Group 5 status.

SAN JOSE
Wayne Primeau (Group 2).

Old
08-09-2005, 08:52 PM
HockeyCritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeaugurl25
I agree with you, he would be a good pick up for the Flyers, but there really no place for another center right now....
Caps are in desperate need of centers ---- well top flight ones anyway.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:57 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
Completely disagree. He's a fourth line banger who's good at what he does; he hits, grinds, positions himself well, wins faceoffs and displayed some nice touch with the Sharks. I wish he was available so he could come back to Pittsburgh, he's exactly what we need.

Hell, he outscored big brother last year which I never thought I'd see. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:12 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
Completely disagree. He's a fourth line banger who's good at what he does; he hits, grinds, positions himself well, wins faceoffs and displayed some nice touch with the Sharks. I wish he was available so he could come back to Pittsburgh, he's exactly what we need.

Hell, he outscored big brother last year which I never thought I'd see. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

He also played on the first line because all of SJ's other centeres were hurt. I thought he was awful when he played for the Pens, and I was glad to see him go. I didn't think he was much of a banger or fighter, though granted he was coming off an injury. His face offs for us werent very good, and I didnt think his defensive play was anything to write home about.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:20 PM
clefty
What?

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but the only Sharks forward I recall getting hurt and missing significant time was Marco Sturm.

Marleau, McCauley, Damphousse and Ricci missed about 12 games combined.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
SJeasy

IMO, he isn't going anywhere. There is no confirmation other than the SFGate article, but it said that the Sharks QOs were 100%. If the article is correct, they did not do a 24% rollback for their own RFAs. The Sharks did confirm that they QOed him. QO at 100%=800k and it is Primeau's choice whether to declare UFA. He can sign the QO without declaring if he wants to.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:44 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
first of many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
He also played on the first line because all of SJ's other centeres were hurt. .
VERY infrequently. They had McCauley and Vinny for 82 games, Marleau for 80 and Ricci for 71. Primeau was with Thornton and Harvey quite a bit.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
VERY infrequently. They had McCauley and Vinny for 82 games, Marleau for 80 and Ricci for 71. Primeau was with Thornton and Harvey quite a bit.
really? I thought there was about a 10-12 game stretech where he played there.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
first of many

There were times when Marleau and Vinny played together, and Primeau sometimes skated with them. But more often than not, he was 4th line. 29 points from him was outstanding. Good signing for $1.1 million.

Closed Thread