HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HUT Thread ; Part 29

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
  #526
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy
 
Draisaitl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Berlin - PS4/XBOX360
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
So, I posted about this in the HUT thread last night and received a lot of positive advice and strategies. A friend of mine (GUN4HIRE2011 on X-Box) lent me a Claude Giroux to complete my Philly collection. Along the way, I ****ed up and quicksold it for a little over 700 pucks. Now, he's irate and wants a Giroux or 140K in compensation. Problem is, I only have about 55K. What should I do?
Borrow 2 or 3 more NHL teams and you should have enough pucks to pay him back, besides noone really believing in your story! why would anyone quicksell his favorite player? And why just one player? I can see you quickselling 4 players at the same time, but not one, and especially not this one. But you almost got 140K for your own Giroux, so dont worry

Draisaitl is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
  #527
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 29,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
So, I posted about this in the HUT thread last night and received a lot of positive advice and strategies. A friend of mine (GUN4HIRE2011 on X-Box) lent me a Claude Giroux to complete my Philly collection. Along the way, I ****ed up and quicksold it for a little over 700 pucks. Now, he's irate and wants a Giroux or 140K in compensation. Problem is, I only have about 55K. What should I do?
Do you have collateral? If so, give him a number of players up to his value+, then work your way to paying him back.

ArGarBarGar is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:36 PM
  #528
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draisaitl View Post
Borrow 2 or 3 more NHL teams and you should have enough pucks to pay him back, besides noone really believing in your story! why would anyone quicksell his favorite player? And why just one player? I can see you quickselling 4 players at the same time, but not one, and especially not this one. But you almost got 140K for your own Giroux, so dont worry
Yeah, It's useless convincing anyone that the story is legitimate. Talk to the original owner of the Giroux if you really cared. I suggested Paypal, but he doesn't have one. I'm just glad that It wasn't someone on these forums that lent me the Giroux that was quicksold, because then any shard of trustworthiness I have is down the drain. Not sure how else to prove I quicksold it, but on the bright side in terms of grinding I'm almost up to 70K.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:40 PM
  #529
xmichaelx88
Registered User
 
xmichaelx88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Looking to borrow on xbox pm me, also looking to buy minor league collections

xmichaelx88 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:41 PM
  #530
That1Kid
Nice guy, tries hard
 
That1Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
Yeah, It's useless convincing anyone that the story is legitimate. Talk to the original owner of the Giroux if you really cared. I suggested Paypal, but he doesn't have one. I'm just glad that It wasn't someone on these forums that lent me the Giroux that was quicksold, because then any shard of trustworthiness I have is down the drain. Not sure how else to prove I quicksold it, but on the bright side in terms of grinding I'm almost up to 70K.
Why would you post that in this thread if you ever wanted to borrow someone's collection? You already discarded a Giroux, I'm not sure how I'd ever trust you with a valuable player.

That1Kid is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
  #531
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That1Kid View Post
Why would you post that in this thread if you ever wanted to borrow someone's collection? You already discarded a Giroux, I'm not sure how I'd ever trust you with a valuable player.
This wasn't meant to borrow a collection. And, also, I'm not trying to get pucks sent to ME, but rather to him.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:47 PM
  #532
mhart1
Maniac Caniac
 
mhart1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pori
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,228
vCash: 500
Anyone up lending NHL collections? I can do many ANA, CAR, CGY to mention few. I won't QS your stars!

PSN: mhart123, HMU!

mhart1 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:50 PM
  #533
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhart1 View Post
Anyone up lending NHL collections? I can do many ANA, CAR, CGY to mention few. I won't QS your stars!

PSN: mhart123, HMU!

That one hurt.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:51 PM
  #534
Body Czech
Registered User
 
Body Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
This wasn't meant to borrow a collection. And, also, I'm not trying to get pucks sent to ME, but rather to him.
You kept asking almost 3 times if anyone had a Giroux for your collection. Thank goodness it just wasnt me who sent it. But i agree i dont know if this whole story is legit so I wouldnt be lending anything of value.

Body Czech is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 01:53 PM
  #535
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Czech View Post
You kept asking almost 3 times if anyone had a Giroux for your collection. Thank goodness it just wasnt me who sent it. But i agree i dont know if this whole story is legit so I wouldnt be lending anything of value.
This was before I received one. Someone offered me another one last night, but I declined because the collection is already complete.

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
  #536
Body Czech
Registered User
 
Body Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
This was before I received one. Someone offered me another one last night, but I declined because the collection is already complete.
Alright im just not totally convinced. But anyways people have gave you numerous suggestions so if we could all just stop talking about this situation because its taking over the forums.

Body Czech is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:14 PM
  #537
mhart1
Maniac Caniac
 
mhart1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pori
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaude28 View Post
That one hurt.
Yah sry, it's just way too fishy to be true. I mean give me a break, you kept asking for three days a Giroux, then when you actually got it you suddenly just quicksold it. There are numerous reason why you'd come up with a story that never happened, and also there is numerous reason why you would claim that you QS that card, and in reality you never sold it. Just kept it for yourself. I dunno, there are just too many things that add up for this whole case being total legend.

If you actually fukt up and QS it, then sorry man.

Anyways, try to recover.

mhart1 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:19 PM
  #538
CaptainClaude28
Registered User
 
CaptainClaude28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhart1 View Post
Yah sry, it's just way too fishy to be true. I mean give me a break, you kept asking for three days a Giroux, then when you actually got it you suddenly just quicksold it. There are numerous reason why you'd come up with a story that never happened, and also there is numerous reason why you would claim that you QS that card, and in reality you never sold it. Just kept it for yourself. I dunno, there are just too many things that add up for this whole case being total legend.

If you actually fukt up and QS it, then sorry man.

Anyways, try to recover.
Let's end the conversation here. Believe me or not, it happened. Don't feel bad for me, just don't **** up like I did,

CaptainClaude28 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:26 PM
  #539
Body Czech
Registered User
 
Body Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
LW to play with Duchene and HL Radulov on the 2nd line? Got 260k to spend.

Body Czech is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:28 PM
  #540
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE
 
iFishyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powercheck View Post
I decided to exploit the captaincy glitch... I currently have 5 Assistant Captains on my lineup... Does that make me a bad person? because I feel kind of guilty right now. lol
I don't think you should feel guilty, but EA has banned people for this. Although BaconCountry on Youtube got banned for it, it probably had to do with his channel.

iFishyHD is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:29 PM
  #541
ducksfan54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Boulder
Country: United States
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Czech View Post
LW to play with Duchene and HL Radulov on the 2nd line? Got 260k to spend.
If you're into big bodies, HL Getzlaf gets the job done, just switch him over to LW, but that isnt perfect chem

ducksfan54 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:43 PM
  #542
Body Czech
Registered User
 
Body Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Has anyone used POTG Grandlund or POTG Stastny??

Body Czech is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
  #543
mhart1
Maniac Caniac
 
mhart1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pori
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,228
vCash: 500
WTF? I just got offered a MS Zetterberg for my HL Kopitar?!? Frikkin 30 seconds left, and had to make a quick decision. I accepted it.

Bad move? IMO I don't think so.

Bought Kopi for 500k, MS Z has to be over 500k. I think it is worth 700k in PS3...

mhart1 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
  #544
Kyle102
Registered User
 
Kyle102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Can someone help me with collections on ps3
Psn-Mr_Farly

Kyle102 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
  #545
echeekeep33
Registered User
 
echeekeep33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
I have a milestone Spezza that I am looking to trade. Does a normal Zdeno Chara for milestone Spezza trade sound good in my favour?

echeekeep33 is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
  #546
BlackAces
Play Your Game
 
BlackAces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plebeian View Post
Bought a ton of lacks and got nothing. I'm bored with my team so I'm thinking of making an 'underdogs team' basically just prospects, rookies, or olympians who have HL cards or POTG.

Niederreiter - Nyquist - Tarasenko
Landeskog Johansen -
Tartar -

Hamilton - Jones
Maatta - voynov
Josi -

Lehner
Volden

I haven't gotten these players yet so if you have any suggestions let me know. Also If you want to help me I have:

Duchene
Carter
Kesler
Kopitar
Staal
Benn
HL garrison
HL shattenkirk
Rask
HL RNH
HL Eberle

All for sale or trade. Would prefer players to pucks.
Bumping this. I'm on Xbox btw.

BlackAces is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
  #547
Hokie200proof
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: PS3
Country: United States
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Loving this QS drama and subsequent snarkiness.

In all honesty though, I've been very worried sometimes when I'm lending my players or borrowing that I might accidentally QS a good player. It's too close to the send all to collections or send to trade pile.

Hokie200proof is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:13 PM
  #548
Draisaitl
gift of prophecy
 
Draisaitl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Berlin - PS4/XBOX360
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
I'm about to take my clothes off once again, I spotted a POTG 89 Varlaaamov( Mike Haynes!)...anyone know what the other new POTG's are like?

Draisaitl is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:15 PM
  #549
Body Czech
Registered User
 
Body Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksfan54 View Post
Are these POTG goalies worth it? every goalie i've spent a lot on has ended up reallyFukcing me
Nope trust me. POTG Lunquist or however you spell it was worse then my Rinne. Would never spend over 100k on a goalie.

Body Czech is offline  
Old
02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
  #550
ducksfan54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Boulder
Country: United States
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
oh snap POTG Oshie is up
90 OVR
91
90
92
89
90

ducksfan54 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.