HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is what I would do...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2005, 10:48 PM
  #1
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
This is what I would do...

If, I was DT I would sign Hamrlik to a about a 3 year deal with the price ranging from anywhere from 2-3.5 million a season. Then I would sign one of the top, "top 6 forward" UFA left out their such as: Mogilny, Bondra, Lindros, Leclair, Bure, Selanne, or Carter. I would explore some trades(which it looks like he is doing) but I would rather not give up much and just sign a free agent.

I know people are going to say Moginly is old and he's coming off hip surgery, Bondra is about 37, Lindros has concussion issues, Leclair is about 36, Bure has a injury history, Selanne is about 35 and his skills have really decreased, and Carter did nothing for us in the 15 games he was here.

BUT these guys are all proven 40+ points to point per game players. If, you sign Lindros to a Allison like contract(1.5 straight up and 4.5 if he reaches bonuses) then its a low risk, high reward signing. If, we sign Bondra or Mogilny or another one of those guys on the list than I'm sure it's not going to cost us more than 2.5 million a season. IF, our risk doesn't pay off then we have either both Brown and Camms play on the top 2 lines or we have Luc and either Brown or Camms play on the second line.

Instead of Palffy and a top 6 d-man, we will have Bondra(or other) and Hamrlik.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
  #2
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
If, I was DT I would sign Hamrlik to a about a 3 year deal with the price ranging from anywhere from 2-3.5 million a season. Then I would sign one of the top, "top 6 forward" UFA left out their such as: Mogilny, Bondra, Lindros, Leclair, Bure, Selanne, or Carter. I would explore some trades(which it looks like he is doing) but I would rather not give up much and just sign a free agent.

I know people are going to say Moginly is old and he's coming off hip surgery, Bondra is about 37, Lindros has concussion issues, Leclair is about 36, Bure has a injury history, Selanne is about 35 and his skills have really decreased, and Carter did nothing for us in the 15 games he was here.

BUT these guys are all proven 40+ points to point per game players. If, you sign Lindros to a Allison like contract(1.5 straight up and 4.5 if he reaches bonuses) then its a low risk, high reward signing. If, we sign Bondra or Mogilny or another one of those guys on the list than I'm sure it's not going to cost us more than 2.5 million a season. IF, our risk doesn't pay off then we have either both Brown and Camms play on the top 2 lines or we have Luc and either Brown or Camms play on the second line.

Instead of Palffy and a top 6 d-man, we will have Bondra(or other) and Hamrlik.
Great, But if I were Kingz4life, I'd change my avatar.

Face Wash is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
  #3
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Longtime lurker here,

I wonder why, when speaking about a player that has health issues, it seems like no one mentions the fact that many of these guys have been on vacation for over a year.

JR and others swear the lockout may have added 2 more years to their careers.

Maybe some of these "health issues" have been healed with a simple break from the game

took420s is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:12 PM
  #4
Cosmos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
I think, if anything, were going to see a trade.

I think were done with FA.

Cosmos is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
  #5
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos
I think, if anything, were going to see a trade.

I think were done with FA.

I agree and with that being said here is what I would do.

AS far as the forwards go
I would sign FROLOV!!!! and in the absence of signing frolov then I would offer sheets to the likes of Thornton, Heatly, Kovulchuk, Zetterberg, Datsyuk etc until I got one. And I would fill only ONE SPOT not two that way Brown and Cammy are assured to be in the top 2 lines
Then as far as D
I would sign Hamrlik as you said and I would go to war like that.

Hatter is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
  #6
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smotheredhope
I agree and with that being said here is what I would do.

I would sign FROLOV!!!! and in the absence of signing frolov then I would offer sheets to the likes of Thornton, Heatly, Kovulchuk, Zetterberg, Datsyuk etc until I got one. THen I would sign Hamrlik as you said and I would go to war like that.
I doubt we will get one of those guys plus hamrlik. Our payroll is already at 30 or 31 million and I'm pretty sure were not going to go to the limit especially in the offseason.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:29 PM
  #7
kings1993
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
If, I was DT I would sign Hamrlik to a about a 3 year deal with the price ranging from anywhere from 2-3.5 million a season. Then I would sign one of the top, "top 6 forward" UFA left out their such as: Mogilny, Bondra, Lindros, Leclair, Bure, Selanne, or Carter. I would explore some trades(which it looks like he is doing) but I would rather not give up much and just sign a free agent.

I know people are going to say Moginly is old and he's coming off hip surgery, Bondra is about 37, Lindros has concussion issues, Leclair is about 36, Bure has a injury history, Selanne is about 35 and his skills have really decreased, and Carter did nothing for us in the 15 games he was here.

BUT these guys are all proven 40+ points to point per game players. If, you sign Lindros to a Allison like contract(1.5 straight up and 4.5 if he reaches bonuses) then its a low risk, high reward signing. If, we sign Bondra or Mogilny or another one of those guys on the list than I'm sure it's not going to cost us more than 2.5 million a season. IF, our risk doesn't pay off then we have either both Brown and Camms play on the top 2 lines or we have Luc and either Brown or Camms play on the second line.

Instead of Palffy and a top 6 d-man, we will have Bondra(or other) and Hamrlik.

Im going to agree with you. If we don't see a trade Hamrlik and a free agent will do. Although I feel there will be a trade.

kings1993 is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
  #8
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm really surprised that another team hasn't swooped in and made an offer to Frolov yet.

I could see another team offering him something rediculous to get him out of L.A.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
  #9
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm really surprised that another team hasn't swooped in and made an offer to Frolov yet.

I could see another team offering him something rediculous to get him out of L.A.
I think that's because restricted free agents can't be signed by other clubs until tomorrow. But no matter what I expect Frolov to be in LA next season. We will match any offer and if, we don't it's going to mean were going to get like 4 first round picks...

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:36 PM
  #10
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think that's because restricted free agents can't be signed by other clubs until tomorrow. But no matter what I expect Frolov to be in LA next season. We will match any offer and if, we don't it's going to mean were going to get like 4 first round picks...
Yeah but if it's a team thats good, those 4 picks are going to be crap.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
  #11
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah but if it's a team thats good, those 4 picks are going to be crap.
You never know. That's for straight years of 1st round picks. But I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen so, I'm not going to worry about it.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
08-10-2005, 12:42 AM
  #12
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,392
vCash: 500
Awards:
of the list of forwards that you put out, i think a good fit would be LeClaire...he's played with roenick and has not alot of lingering health issues...plus, i don't think he'll be too expensive.

if hamrlik's contract demand goes down to $3.5M, the kings should consider it...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
08-10-2005, 12:46 AM
  #13
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,846
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
of the list of forwards that you put out, i think a good fit would be LeClaire...he's played with roenick and has not alot of lingering health issues...plus, i don't think he'll be too expensive.

if hamrlik's contract demand goes down to $3.5M, the kings should consider it...
I thought LeClair had a bad back, or shoulder, or both?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
  #14
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,392
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I thought LeClair had a bad back, or shoulder, or both?
http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/...p?player=10923

shoulder in 02-03...but rebounded back the next year...

jfont is offline  
Old
08-10-2005, 01:30 AM
  #15
Cosmos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'm really surprised that another team hasn't swooped in and made an offer to Frolov yet.

I could see another team offering him something rediculous to get him out of L.A.
First of all, I believe teams are going to be real hesitant to make offers to other teams UFA's. Especially now, after the lockout, with the uncertainity of next years cap and the fact that by sacrificing multiple high picks you are limiting your team from being able to pull from a pool of cheaper talent.

If it's going to be done, it's going to be by a team who feels that they are close and it will be for a player who is proven to make a difference. Frolov isn't that type of player.

Bettman would have a cow, behind doors of course......

Cosmos is offline  
Old
08-10-2005, 01:53 AM
  #16
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
We are in a position to make some offers. First team I'd look at is Ottawa. They are at $26 million and have Havlat, Hossa, Fisher, Spezza, Vermette, Emery, Neil, and Volchenkov to sign.

2nd team is New Jersey. They are in the same boat.

We are in a great position because all we have to worry about is Cammalleri and Frolov. If we sign them both we should be at around $32 million, which puts us in a position to poach someone.

I'd offer $3.99 for Havlat and see what Ottawa does. It's a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for compensation. Being that we just got a third from Philly, it's esentially two picks. I don't know anyone who wouldn't trade a 1st and a 2nd for Havlat. I'd offer 4.99 for Hossa.

nikolai19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.