HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2014, 05:48 PM
  #701
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,888
vCash: 500
Laughton faired well with the OHL coaches poll.
Quote:
The Ontario Hockey League today announced the results of the Eastern and Western Conference Coaches Polls for the 2013-14 OHL regular season.

The OHL Coaches Poll provides member club coaches with the opportunity to recognize the top three players in 20 different skill categories within their own conference.

In the Eastern Conference, the first place Oshawa Generals lead the way with representation in 12 of the 20 different categories highlighted by Philadelphia Flyers prospect Scott Laughton who is listed in seven different categories including first place in Best Face-offs and Best Penalty Killer for the second straight year.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...s-poll-winners

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
  #702
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Bob Mac on NBCSN said the Flyers are hot and heavy over Christian Folin. Get him Homer!

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
  #703
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bob Mac on NBCSN said the Flyers are hot and heavy over Christian Folin. Get him Homer!
Seems we're always that team attached to a prospect, yet we haven't exactly been able to close the deal out so I won't get my hopes up.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 06:54 PM
  #704
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Seems we're always that team attached to a prospect, yet we haven't exactly been able to close the deal out so I won't get my hopes up.
Seems like Homer knows how to really get the players he likes. He may be interested in a lot of guys but usually every team is.

Bring Folin to a game like he did with Read, probably just wouldn't be a playoff game like Read got to see. Homer has a pretty good ability to get players to want to come here. It might not work with all of them but I am happy we were mentioned as one of the top teams competing for him.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
  #705
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bob Mac on NBCSN said the Flyers are hot and heavy over Christian Folin. Get him Homer!
My Gf's uncle is a professor at Lowell. Looks like i have a phone call to make.

Jtown is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:03 PM
  #706
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Seems like Homer knows how to really get the players he likes. He may be interested in a lot of guys but usually every team is.

Bring Folin to a game like he did with Read, probably just wouldn't be a playoff game like Read got to see. Homer has a pretty good ability to get players to want to come here. It might not work with all of them but I am happy we were mentioned as one of the top teams competing for him.
I'm sure the real kicker for a lot of these kids is the ability to burn a year off their contract this season which is something the Flyers have been reluctant/unable to do.

I didn't see McKenzie on NBCSN (saw him on NHLN and he didn't say anything about him). What did he say exactly? Did he just mention the Flyers or the Flyers among a group of teams. So much for not getting my hopes up.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
  #707
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,516
vCash: 500
Looks like the Careys are going to Phoenix.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
  #708
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I'm sure the real kicker for a lot of these kids is the ability to burn a year off their contract this season which is something the Flyers have been reluctant to give.

I didn't see McKenzie on NBCSN (saw him on NHLN and he didn't say anything about him). What did he say exactly? Did he just mention the Flyers or the Flyers among a group of teams. So much for not getting my hopes up.
LOL there is nothing wrong with getting your hopes up. He would be a nice addition to our team. He said the Flyers are just a team with heavy interest in him. He mentioned the Bruins too but said they might not be so hot on him because they got Mez at the deadline for depth.

He is ready for NHL action it seems, big body and I wouldn't mind letting him get a few games in. Seems like Bobby Mac was implying we would have him on our NHL roster if we get him. We have the cap space for a change lol.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
  #709
Karma
Registered User
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bob Mac on NBCSN said the Flyers are hot and heavy over Christian Folin. Get him Homer!
Who is that? Never heard the name before.

Karma is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
  #710
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Who is that? Never heard the name before.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...ent-class.html

Quote:
Second-year D, UMass-Lowell

Age: 23. Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.

Hometown: Gothenburg, Sweden

The skinny: His father, Martin, played professional soccer in Sweden ... 20 to 25 teams will be interested in the younger Folin ... Plays with an edge and has good size.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9799

Quote:
A defenseman of decent size. Has good potential to become a skilled defenseman in the future. Keeps his game fairly simple and uses his body at good opportunities. Has decent offensive qualities, such as his shot, but is at his best in the defensive zone. (Matias Strozyk)
There's a couple of reports.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
  #711
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Who is that? Never heard the name before.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9799

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
  #712
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,422
vCash: 500
One of the big NCAA free agents. Big 6'3" 209 lbs D-man from Sweden who is a right shot. Does the simple things, is decent offensively and very good defensively.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
  #713
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Who is that? Never heard the name before.
he is one of the most coveted college free agent defensemen right now.

Jtown is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:13 PM
  #714
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Also not included in those reports was he has shot the puck through the net! Who needs Pete Weber......

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:13 PM
  #715
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uberlandia
Country: Brazil
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Here is Christian Folin's twitter account - https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristianFolin

Let's help Holmgren and try to recruit this guy by sending him countless tweets about coming to philly! I'm jk btw but would be pretty funny

NHLAlert is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
  #716
Karma
Registered User
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,561
vCash: 500
Ah sweet. Wouldn't hurt to pick him up

Karma is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
  #717
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Here is Christian Folin's twitter account - https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristianFolin

Let's help Holmgren and try to recruit this guy by sending him countless tweets about coming to philly! I'm jk btw but would be pretty funny
I hate how college football fans do that, it's kind of creepy but at least this guy is 23 & not under 18 like most college football prospects.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:20 PM
  #718
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
LOL there is nothing wrong with getting your hopes up. He would be a nice addition to our team. He said the Flyers are just a team with heavy interest in him. He mentioned the Bruins too but said they might not be so hot on him because they got Mez at the deadline for depth.

He is ready for NHL action it seems, big body and I wouldn't mind letting him get a few games in. Seems like Bobby Mac was implying we would have him on our NHL roster if we get him. We have the cap space for a change lol.
There was a rumor he almost signed with Ottawa last year. He also attended Vancouver's summer camp IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
he is one of the most coveted college free agent defensemen right now.
Quote:
Bob McKenzieVerified account
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
The consensus top college UFA this year is UMass-Lowell D Christian Folin. UMass-Lowell plays Notre Dame Thursday in HE semi-final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Also not included in those reports was he has shot the puck through the net! Who needs Pete Weber......

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
  #719
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,422
vCash: 500
Curious, if we did get him and made the club, would it make Alt expendable?

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
  #720
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,516
vCash: 500
List. From UnitedStatesofHockey. The ^ means their season is over. They can be signed.

Greg Carey – LW – Sr. — St. Lawrence^
Christian Folin – D — So. — UMass-Lowell
Trevor van Riemsdyk – D — Jr. — New Hampshire
Kevin Goumas – C — Sr. — New Hampshire
Alexander Krushelnyski – LW — Colorado College^
Clay Witt – G — Jr. (RS) — Northeastern
David Makowski – D — Sr. — Denver
Shayne Taker – D — Sr. — Notre Dame
Mark Zengerle – C — Sr. — Wisconsin
Daniel O’Donaghue – C — Sr. — Mercyhurst
Ryan Walters – LW — Sr. — Nebraska-Omaha
Oleg Yevenko – D — Jr. — UMass^
Sam Warning – LW — Jr. — Minnesota
Austin Czarnik – C — Jr. — Miami
Jordan Oesterle – D — Jr. — Western Michigan
Kenney Morrison – D — So. — Western Michigan
Mat Bodie – D — Sr. — Union
Chris McCarthy – C — Sr. — Vermont^
Daniel Carr – LW — Sr. — Union
Andrew Calof – C — Sr. — Princeton^
Ryan Faragher – G — Sr. — St. Cloud State
Doug Carr – G — Sr. — UMass-Lowell
Steven Summerhays – G — Sr. — Notre Dame
Matthew Zay – W — Jr. — Mercyhurst
Cody Kunyk – C — Sr. — Alaska^
Joel Rumpel – G — Jr. — Wisconsin

Flyotes is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:24 PM
  #721
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Curious, if we did get him and made the club, would it make Alt expendable?
I think they are more worried about adding depth then making other players expendable.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:25 PM
  #722
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Curious, if we did get him and made the club, would it make Alt expendable?
No, the Flyers are high on Alt & all this move would do currently is add another prospect into the pipeline at the pro level.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:26 PM
  #723
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Let's get another Swedish NCAA defenseman to sit in the pressbox

Hopefully he choses Philly

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:30 PM
  #724
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No, the Flyers are high on Alt & all this move would do currently is add another prospect into the pipeline at the pro level.
i hear alot about how high we are on alt, but have yet to see any articles on that. Where have you heard this?

Jtown is offline  
Old
03-19-2014, 07:35 PM
  #725
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
i hear alot about how high we are on alt, but have yet to see any articles on that. Where have you heard this?
Someone said a few pages back that THN gave him a favorable review in their yearly prospect magazine that's heavily influenced by the teams of those prospects.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.