HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa to your team.

Old
02-16-2014, 05:41 PM
yotes86

vCash: 500
The deal for Diaz IMHO sealed Bieksa's fate.[/QUOTE]

How is that, Diaz is a ufa at season end and doesnt remotely play a style of game like bieksa does. Diaz and weber are the exact same id presume one gets dealt by the deadline if all our d is healthy we would have

hamhuis bieksa
edler tanev
garrison diaz
stanton weber
alberts corrado

basically 10 nhl capable d, far too many to keep around. Note not sure if alberts has been ruled out for the year, and yes corrado should to to utica and play more and develop their, no need to rush him

yotes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

Mason Raymond (upcoming UFA, top 6 forward)+ 1st.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebdafor norris View Post
Mason Raymond (upcoming UFA, top 6 forward)+ 1st.
Did you just call Mason Raymond a top 6 forward? We probably value Raymond lower than any other NHL team.

02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
jonnygf40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotes86 View Post
The deal for Diaz IMHO sealed Bieksa's fate.
How is that, Diaz is a ufa at season end and doesnt remotely play a style of game like bieksa does. Diaz and weber are the exact same id presume one gets dealt by the deadline if all our d is healthy we would have

hamhuis bieksa
edler tanev
garrison diaz
stanton weber
alberts corrado

basically 10 nhl capable d, far too many to keep around. Note not sure if alberts has been ruled out for the year, and yes corrado should to to utica and play more and develop their, no need to rush him[/QUOTE]

But by the time next year rolls around, Alberts and Weber will be gone. Stanton should be given a chance in the top 6, as he has looked very going as a bottom pairing dman. I could actually see Edler and Bieksa moved. If scoring is our problem (and it is), why not most from a position of strength? If for example we could get Zucker and a 1st for Bieksa, and if it's Detroit or not, a player like Tatar or Palat (Tbay) and a 1st for Edler, we could drastically change our forward group with a couple of moves ...

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Tatar Kesler Kassian
Zucker Horvat Higgins
xxxx xxxx xxxx
Hamhuis Tanev
Garrison Diaz
Stanton Corrado

And we would have 3 1st round picks this year ... well?

jonnygf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 06:42 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnygf40 View Post

hamhuis bieksa
edler tanev
garrison diaz
stanton weber
alberts corrado

basically 10 nhl capable d, far too many to keep around. Note not sure if alberts has been ruled out for the year, and yes corrado should to to utica and play more and develop their, no need to rush him
But by the time next year rolls around, Alberts and Weber will be gone. Stanton should be given a chance in the top 6, as he has looked very going as a bottom pairing dman. I could actually see Edler and Bieksa moved. If scoring is our problem (and it is), why not most from a position of strength? If for example we could get Zucker and a 1st for Bieksa, and if it's Detroit or not, a player like Tatar or Palat (Tbay) and a 1st for Edler, we could drastically change our forward group with a couple of moves ...

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Tatar Kesler Kassian
Zucker Horvat Higgins
xxxx xxxx xxxx
Hamhuis Tanev
Garrison Diaz
Stanton Corrado

And we would have 3 1st round picks this year ... well?[/QUOTE]

Tampa and Detroit do not need EDLER. As far as Tampa goes I wouldnt trade you PALAT think JT OSHIE straight up for Edler or actually wouldnt trade him for any of your d and add as would have to etc. NO INTEREST IN MOVING PALAT

Got a late birthday in march 22 year old STUD. Who is playing top line and shouldering the checking style board play our best PK player probably. If you go look at stats they do say he is almost identical to OSHIE's career start and age. Palat does everything hit block shots score pass is complete player and a steal for us and awesome to have him.

Tampa needs no LHD.

Detroit can use some D or one guy a top four. But their top three and guys that are core are all lefties.

So why add another? Just stupid to me would think Bieska would be a better fit for detroit or tampa for sure.

Can see Tatar moved for a good d man.

BIESKA::::::

Next tucker and first is better than purcell plus a third?

connolly plus a 4th for Bieska and a second?

Shoot I think more highly myself of JT BROWN than Zucker and I would give you JT Brown a first for sure. They are equal probably till you look at defensive side of things.

Just JT Brown even though great pk kid physical super fast etc.. is not brett connolly or teddy purcell.

Think more darren helm when hes healthy and on and actually finishing some break aways.

robertguess2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

What on earth did I just read?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 07:19 PM
yotes86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
How about to Detroit for Mantha, a d prospect and a first?
Does detroit value Jurco or mantha higher

id like either one plus sproul, tootoo and a pick

Old
02-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
How about to Detroit for Mantha, a d prospect and a first?
Are you adding Kesler, or is this just waaay out in left field?

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Demko

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Do you recall the last time Kevin played a full 82 game schedule? He must be pretty clumsy then, getting his leg cut every year contributing to missing games; or he is a horrible healer?
When has Lupul ever played a full 82 game season? Your logic is terrible.

Demko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 07:35 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Does detroit value Jurco or mantha higher

id like either one plus sproul, tootoo and a pick
I personally like Jurco but detroit values Mantha higher.

Whereas defensively I value Backman and Marchenko higher but detroit values sproul this is the board.

Sproul has high value Marchenko was a scoring beast as a kid I am betting he gets it back backman is that guy who does everything well and smooth.

Sproul needs to work on defense.

I am not sold on Mantha having an elite slap shot. Mantha is very awesome though coming up ice receiving the puck and putting a decent shot on net. With right team mates that crash net he would be a huge asset in that situation. Get a ton of ugly goals.

Pullkinnen has an elite slap shot. I actually think Athanasiou to me is much more exciting than Mantha also. Kid is being listed at 6'2 200 pounds so huge growth difference in the last year and super fast speed deke finish etc.. Think his game correlates better if Mantha's shot is weaker than expected etc.

Sproul is so high cause he truly looks like a great pp qb type RH. Detroit has a lot of really good assets.

If I was targeting I would go after a tatar/jurco plus ouellet/smith and a middling pick for a top four d guy like say edler or if want the higher pick take kindl. Or one of those young guys a first and second. I doubt if Kenny would give more unless was a top D youngish etc like tanev. He will balk if price too high.

P.S. Detroit has plenty of D prospects so don't see any interest in those from them whatsoever. They want a proven top 4 younger is better RH d is what they need. Tanev is perfect. Edler they will look at but unsure they would do cause of price and having entire top four guys as core being lefties aint the greatest ideal ever. They do however not have a great power play guy who could maybe get them 45-50 points.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by robertguess2013: 02-16-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
yotes86

i would prefer jurco aswell, as he can be a top 9 player in the nhl now. Where mantha is still atleast a year a way from being nhl ready.

in what order do detroit fans value kesler bieksa edler. Who would they give the best package for

Jurco and pulkinnen and a d prospect or pick. I just dont know much on pulkinnen, what his expected role in the league is and his size, hes under 6`. does he play with an edge or hit

Old
02-16-2014, 08:34 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
i would prefer jurco aswell, as he can be a top 9 player in the nhl now. Where mantha is still atleast a year a way from being nhl ready.

in what order do detroit fans value kesler bieksa edler. Who would they give the best package for

Jurco and pulkinnen and a d prospect or pick. I just dont know much on pulkinnen, what his expected role in the league is and his size, hes under 6`. does he play with an edge or hit
You sure want to open a can of worms. Best fit TANEV. Second Bieska Third Edler.

Problem is no two guys on board will want best fit to need. So I would think Edler has more value than Bieska. They will want the offense over being a righty and all around play.

Pulkinnen is interesting the puck finds him type of player or he anticipates very well he is a sniper for sure with NHL big time shot. But can also be a playmaker he is working on defense skating has improved he is 5'10 185 or 5'11 195 he is not super undersized really. Offensively he is fun to watch and gifted and have liked now for like 3 years a lot. I expect one more year in ahl to work on d issues learn that side of game than he will come in and probably light it up a bit. He is a top 6 to me. Defense will not be elite but he follows puck well and wins board battles so maybe defense comes around. He is gifted.

Kesler is a whole nother ball of wax. If Zetterberg is determined to miss the rest of this year and a bunch of next? If he became available I would assume Detroit gets very serious for someone with his pedigree defensive prowess and offensive upside.

I would put him up with anyone in league of targets for a top line center depending on zetterbergs prognosis.

Old
02-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen

vCash: 768
Kessler for Henrique & Larson
Edler + Hansen for Yak + Gagner
Bieksa++ for Tarasenko

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:14 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck View Post
Kessler for Henrique & Larson
Edler + Hansen for Yak + Gagner
Bieksa++ for Tarasenko
Kesler is worth more
Any deal with Gagner is a pass
Blues don't need more defence. Especially on the right. Since hey have the best right side defence depth in the NHL. Pietro Shatty Polak

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Mike Martin

If I'm a normal GM of a team I don't want Bieksa because he is almost 35 but if I'm running the old folks home known as the New Jersey Devils then I'd say "We need Bieksa!" The Devils are the team who really need to win it all this year.

Mike Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes 32 year old Bieksa is almost 35

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:30 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE LACK View Post
When has Lupul ever played a full 82 game season? Your logic is terrible.
What exactly does Lupul have to do with Bieksa? Comprehension issues seem to be rampant here.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Mike Martin

Quote:
What exactly does Lupul have to do with Bieksa? Comprehension issues seem to be rampant here.
A Leafs fan complained that Bieksa gets injured a lot so he wouldn't be worthy of a trade for Lupul but Lupul has been jokingly called "the glass man" with as frequently injured as he is.

Mike Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:27 AM
Demko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lupul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl22 View Post
Agreed.
Quote:
Nope. Joffrey is one of the leaders and vets on the team, and not to mention is a good mentor for Kadri. Bieksa would be a help on the Leafs blue line, but at the same time, is only signed for 2 more years, is getting older and has had health issues throughout his career. a 1st and Franson is more than fair.
Quote:
Do you recall the last time Kevin played a full 82 game schedule? He must be pretty clumsy then, getting his leg cut every year contributing to missing games; or he is a horrible healer?
Quote:
You can't even comprehend your own quotes... You, yourself mentioned Bieksa's injuries and I am just mentioning that Lupul, isn't exactly injury free either. Lupul hasn't played a full season at all. Bieksa is also a vet, leader and a mentor to players underneath himPlus he's only 2 years younger than Bieksa too...

What other spew do you have to say?

Demko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
You can't even comprehend your own quotes... You, yourself mentioned Bieksa's injuries and I am just mentioning that Lupul, isn't exactly injury free either. Lupul hasn't played a full season at all. Bieksa is also a vet, leader and a mentor to players underneath himPlus he's only 2 years younger than Bieksa too...

So......Lupul is a go then?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:51 AM
SenatorFrank

Quote:

haha... so sad.

So Lupul a legit offer? It'd be nice to see Kesler play with an actual hockey player for a change

SenatorFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:56 AM
SenatorFrank

Is Bieksa LD, RD?

Sens could use a solid LD, could Michalek + get us talking?

SenatorFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorFrank View Post
haha... so sad.

So Lupul a legit offer? It'd be nice to see Kesler play with an actual hockey player for a change
If you are asking would I trade Lupul for Bieksa......yup.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Bieber fever

Bourque
Thrower ( BC kid )
2nd/3rd

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Mailbox Head
Registered Schmoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorFrank View Post
Is Bieksa LD, RD?

Sens could use a solid LD, could Michalek + get us talking?
He's a RD, and Michalek + gets us hanging up.

Wouldn't trade Bieksa for Lupul either at this point. If we're blowing up the core, we've got to go younger.

Mailbox Head is offline   Reply With Quote