HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Sushinsky is signed by NY Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
True, true.

So I guess the Rangers did not sign Sushinsky. I hope he dont.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
So I guess the Rangers did not sign Sushinsky. I hope he dont.
Poking through the availble players and trying to create some decent lines is pretty tough, especially if we are going to see the familiar kids (Ortmeyer, Murray, Lundmark, etc.) and nobody else (Immonen, Prucha, and others we WISH would come but might not).

Sushinsky or not, I think we still need to sign at least one more guy up front.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
Poking through the availble players and trying to create some decent lines is pretty tough, especially if we are going to see the familiar kids (Ortmeyer, Murray, Lundmark, etc.) and nobody else (Immonen, Prucha, and others we WISH would come but might not). Sushinsky or not, I think we still need at least one more FA.

Id like us to get Mike Fisher from the Sens.

How about Poti to the Sens for Fisher and 2ed??

Old
08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Ciger anyone? And the sad thing is, you know perfectly well that if this signing is true, this clown will have every chance in the world on the top two lines. Even if a Balej or a Lundmark outplays him in pre-season.
How in the world is one of the best Russian players outside of the NHL a clown? How do you come to this opinion?

Old
08-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Ciger anyone? And the sad thing is, you know perfectly well that if this signing is true, this clown will have every chance in the world on the top two lines. Even if a Balej or a Lundmark outplays him in pre-season.
Please give a detailed scouting report on Sushinsky. I would like to know what type of player he is because you must know because you are calling the guy a clown. Can you also please tell us all what Lundmark has done to deserve another shot on this team?

Old
08-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Zine

I agree with a lot of what Ola has said in his post as I also have seen Sushinsky play numerous times (his stint in Minnesota).

First off, if this rumor is true, you guys could have a real gem on your hands -- that's if the game opens up a bit and he's truely committed. He was, by far, the best forward on Minnesota that year (Gaborik was only 18 at the time). The guy started out on fire, but it soon became obvious that he didn't want to be there and it showed in his play.

Seriously, if given the right circumstances, Sushinsky could get 50-60 points. He already has great chemstry with Jagr from playing in Omsk. Certainly worth the risk IMHO.

Old
08-10-2005, 12:28 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine
I agree with a lot of what Ola has said in his post as I also have seen Sushinsky play numerous times (his stint in Minnesota).

First off, if this rumor is true, you guys could have a real gem on your hands -- that's if the game opens up a bit and he's truely committed. He was, by far, the best forward on Minnesota that year (Gaborik was only 18 at the time). The guy started out on fire, but it soon became obvious that he didn't want to be there and it showed in his play.

Seriously, if given the right circumstances, Sushinsky could get 50-60 points. He already has great chemstry with Jagr from playing in Omsk. Certainly worth the risk IMHO.

But at age 31, yikes. If he was 25-29 like when Hlavac came to NHL, then id do it, but Rangers are rebuilding. We dont need any more vets, unless they are 25-29 range.

Old
08-10-2005, 01:24 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
This is going to be Zdeno Ciger all over again. If he couldn't handle playing in Minnesota, he won't like New York with the media here. The Rangers are supposed to be rebuilding, not bringing over 30+ year old Europeans. Doesn't Jagr have enough of his friends on the team already? Last time I checked the team was called The New York Rangers not Jaromir Jagr & Friends.

Old
08-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Not to defend Sather or anything . . .

but of course, let's not forget that Ciger turned into Matt Barnaby via trade...

Old
08-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94
This is going to be Zdeno Ciger all over again. If he couldn't handle playing in Minnesota, he won't like New York with the media here. The Rangers are supposed to be rebuilding, not bringing over 30+ year old Europeans. Doesn't Jagr have enough of his friends on the team already? Last time I checked the team was called The New York Rangers not Jaromir Jagr & Friends.
I really doubt it, Sushinsky is at the peak of his career. Zedno Ciger had never been a good hockey player. Just extremely bad scouting from Sather& Co. He is a good hockey player and would probably look be a really good fit on a line with Jagr...

But on the other hand, I agree with you 100% that he is not a fit on the team... 31 years old + that we already have Nylander/Straka/Rucinsky...

Old
08-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I managed to track down the article also:

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2005/08/09_n_349409.shtml

Should be noted he's 5-7 165 according to those eurohockey stats, and he also played with Jagr last year for Avangard Omsk
Interesting read.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:18 AM
wilka91*

Su is a fantastic forward, and the only player apart from Jagr to average more than 1 ppg in Russia on a regular basis.

Jagr had 13 pts in the RSL playoffs, Su had 12. I hope he does better with the Rags than the Wild 5 years ago. He fully deserves it.

Old
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
CrookedRain

I can't believe all this silliness.

As if the Rangers could actually be hurt by having good players on this team. Who cares if he's 31 years old? Who cares that he couldn't pick up the language when he was 25 and he was missing his young daughter? If anyone on this board is even half human they can certainly sympathize with his decision to head back home.

It's also about high time people realize a couple of other things:
Jan Erixon horrendous skating didn't keep him from ending Lemieux's scoring streak.
Wayne Gretzky was neither very fast nor very physical.
Scott Stevens at 31 was a better player than most 25 year olds.
Luc Robitaille is not 6 feet tall, etc.

The point is that intangibles are often key. If Jagr really did recommend Sushinsky to the Rangers brass and if they did do something about it, then good for them. Jagr is more an expert on hockey talent than anyone else on this board.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedRain
I can't believe all this silliness.

As if the Rangers could actually be hurt by having good players on this team. Who cares if he's 31 years old? Who cares that he couldn't pick up the language when he was 25 and he was missing his young daughter? If anyone on this board is even half human they can certainly sympathize with his decision to head back home.

It's also about high time people realize a couple of other things:
Jan Erixon horrendous skating didn't keep him from ending Lemieux's scoring streak.
Wayne Gretzky was neither very fast nor very physical.
Scott Stevens at 31 was a better player than most 25 year olds.
Luc Robitaille is not 6 feet tall, etc.

The point is that intangibles are often key. If Jagr really did recommend Sushinsky to the Rangers brass and if they did do something about it, then good for them. Jagr is more an expert on hockey talent than anyone else on this board.
Jagr is an expert on what jagr wants, not an expert on what is best for the development of the kids....And that's what this year should be about....Sushinsky serves no purpose for the latter whatsoever...Sather needs to make up his mind on what the heck he's doing....To me, it looks like he's putting together two different teams/tiers that won't mesh..We shall see....

Old
08-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Jagr is an expert on what jagr wants, not an expert on what is best for the development of the kids....And that's what this year should be about....Sushinsky serves no purpose for the latter whatsoever...Sather needs to make up his mind on what the heck he's doing....To me, it looks like he's putting together two different teams/tiers that won't mesh..We shall see....

Similar to what Larry said...

This team is allegedly in the process of a rebuild. Handing another contract to another vet who is guaranteed a top six spot on the roster is somewhat counterproductive to that, don't you think? I mean is it really a "silly" opinion to want to build a core of Ranger product, as opposed to manufacturing it with veterans? I'm sure he's a very talented hockey player, but I personally would rather stick to the game plan. Let's take a season off, see what the kids can do and possibly get 1st overall in the draft. I'm tired of seeing this team stuck in the same position.

Old
08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushockey
According to Gazeta.ru . I thought it is interesting move. Gazeta.ru said he was signed because Jagr recommended him to the management as he thought Sushinsky is among the best Russian forwards. One more thing about Sushinsky - he has always been consistent thoughout his career in Russia.
Glad he been consistant in Russia, because he is just another over 30 Y.O appx 31 I think, who is very undersized at 5'7" and 165 lbs who will probably do not a damn thing. He would be better in the West Coast with that size, cause I doubt he is a Martin St.Louis, but who knows he might put up #'s but i highly doubt anything crazy and anything to be over joyed about.

I just dont get it so many kids out there can be had in trades or even signed throught trades for kids that are R.F.A's, but Sather consitantly likes to sign over 30 year old guys, what in the world is with this guy. NYR should have mad a move to try to get Isbister who is only 27 got good szie and did have a couple 20 plus goal seasons, he just needs the right surroundings and NYR is no better a time than now, they hvae nothig to lose. But Isbister is just an example, Im sure if I getinto it I could go on and on.

Old
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Levitate

this isn't set in stone or anything here people...all they're saying is that they're talking to him at the moment.

Old
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
but of course, let's not forget that Ciger turned into Matt Barnaby via trade...
Trading for Barnaby was NOT the reason why Sather signed Ciger. And let's not forget that the original plan was to have Ciger in a Rangers uniform for two years.

Old
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Balej20*

When will this rumor become official?

Old
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Den

Well, I don't buy a single bit of Gazeta.ru's bs, but today they published an iterview with Su's agent in Sport-Express, who says may be and nothing definite yet. Su himself declined to comment. Sure signs that they are talking.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:08 PM
NYR469

i heard that the report is now that the rangers are 'interested' not that he was signed.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i heard that the report is now that the rangers are 'interested' not that he was signed.

I bet they are other teams trying to sign him.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Den

I think this pretty much dots all the i's (from todays Sovsport):

Maxim himself categorically denied the rumors: "I would ask you not to bother me with this anymore! Next season I am playing in Dynamo!"

Old
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Balej20*

Well that kinda puts an end to this thread, now doesn't it.

Old
08-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Well that kinda puts an end to this thread, now doesn't it.
That, and the team's denial in the Post.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/51679.htm

Closed Thread