HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jordan Caron

Old
02-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Well clearly it's a no go, then. Mclaren would never help us and Caron can still be of service. Makes zero sense unless something of value coming back, and trading an ex first rounder to a division rival for literally nothing makes no sense.
You want Bodie? He's a pretty good power forward and is willing to drop the gloves.

Deja Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post

Caron doesn't ever hurt the team, expectations were higher for him than being a checking line wing, but they were higher for Daniel Paille too and he was in a similar situation in Buffalo but he was traded to Boston he was used in a different way, that is what it may take for Caron to finally become a full time NHL player, a team that isn't interested in his potential 2nd/3rd line scoring ability but his actual penalty killing and defensive ability and has room in their bottom 6 for him.
This.

Mclaren is ZERO use to us, literally zero. Caron could play a serviceable 3rd/4th line checker who doesn't hurt the team should there be injuries.

Not saying he's worth a 4th or more, but why trade him for nothing??

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl22 View Post
You want Bodie? He's a pretty good power forward and is willing to drop the gloves.
If its something that you think can help/a good pick then I'd consider it. Otherwise no.

Old
02-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If its something that you think can help/a good pick then I'd consider it. Otherwise no.
I certainly think it would help. He'd fit in well on a line with Paille and Campbell as a power forward and is decent at killing penalties. Most nights he's playing over ten minutes. I'd maybe even consider throwing in a late pick for this upcoming draft.

Old
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Flames rebuilder

To the Flames for SOB

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Dtb1381

Unless the team Bus crashes and Caron is one of the few that doesn't get hurt, he won't be playing. They will call Spooner, Fraser or Florek up to play

Dtb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 10:55 AM
jokerboysmith

Oilers for Musil

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
Oilers for Musil
Boston would probably accept that offer without hesitation. Don't see the point of it from an Edmonton perspective though.

Old
02-17-2014, 11:42 AM
mrinsane

Caron for Leblanc seems to be fair. I love the idea of Prust/Bournival/Caron lines

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Caron for Leblanc seems to be fair. I love the idea of Prust/Bournival/Caron lines
If we're going auction style, Toronto offers Bodie and a 2014 7th.

Old
02-17-2014, 01:27 PM
SeaOfBlue

Quote:
If we're going auction style, Toronto offers Bodie and a 2014 7th.
I offer McLaren for Caron and a 7th. That's my best offer. Maybe we'll take the 7th out if ABSOLUTELY necessary.

SeaOfBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I have no issues.

But really do these teams ever deal with each other??... Im curious if Chia and MB have even had a phone call regarding a trade lol

Buckets and Gloves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 01:44 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfBlue View Post
I offer McLaren for Caron and a 7th. That's my best offer. Maybe we'll take the 7th out if ABSOLUTELY necessary.
So you wanna try Caron + 7th for McLaren one more time? I think people might have changed their minds since the first page.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:28 PM
samsdad

To the Flames for Sven Baertschi

samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

caron isn't going to end up being part of the bruins long term plans... but like shawn bates or kevyn adams or wes walz before him, that doesn't mean he cant work out a decent 3rd/4th line career on some lesser team.

guys like this are never worth a lot in trade value... a throw in to a deal... traded for another busted prospect... waived...

its actually a good problem to have for boston... the guy is good enough to be an nhl regular but not good enough to be a good nhl regular. boston simply has 12 better players to dress most nights

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:42 PM
SeaOfBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
So you wanna try Caron + 7th for McLaren one more time? I think people might have changed their minds since the first page.
Good, that means I got a better batch of people to work with here McLaren is a good 13th forward on your team who can be worth something in the playoffs. Your 7th is worth practically nothing, and Caron would probably be hard pressed to even crack the lineup with us until we move a couple of players. However, we took a chance on Hartikainen who fell off a depth chart, why not do it with Caron. He could still has some decent bottom 6 upside.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtb1381 View Post
Unless the team Bus crashes and Caron is one of the few that doesn't get hurt, he won't be playing. They will call Spooner, Fraser or Florek up to play
First of all, Spooner will only play if one of the centers is injured. He doesn't play wing. If Paille/any wingers in the bottom six are injured Caron is ahead of Spooner (not talent wise, position and depth wise).

Caron would absolutely play over Florek..Fraser is a toss up, Caron is quite a bit better defensively so it would largely depend on Julien. In the playoffs I'd wager julien would put Caron in over Fraser.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Good, that means I got a better batch of people to work with here McLaren is a good 13th forward on your team who can be worth something in the playoffs. Your 7th is worth practically nothing, and Caron would probably be hard pressed to even crack the lineup with us until we move a couple of players. However, we took a chance on Hartikainen who fell off a depth chart, why not do it with Caron. He could still has some decent bottom 6 upside.
Explain to me how Mclaren would help the Bruins more than Caron. He doesn't.

People mistake me thinking Caron is worth a lot..I'm merely saying that the deal you've offered many times before doesn't help us. Why should we give him to a division rival for literally nothing when he's still a serviceable player? Caron is a better 13th forward than Mclaren.

If Chiarelli wanted to give Caron up for nothing he would have already, he'd easily be an every day bottom six player on a lesser team.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Oilers for Musil
This I'd do. Might be worth more than Caron, tho.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Deja Lu
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

People mistake me thinking Caron is worth a lot..I'm merely saying that the deal you've offered many times before doesn't help us. Why should we give him to a division rival for literally nothing when he's still a serviceable player? Caron is a better 13th forward than Mclaren.

If Chiarelli wanted to give Caron up for nothing he would have already, he'd easily be an every day bottom six player on a lesser team.
I agree with you, even though I'd love to get Caron for the low price of McLaren. Any interest in Bodie or should I go dangle him somewhere else?

Old
02-17-2014, 03:18 PM
SeaOfBlue

Quote:

Explain this to me. We are a lesser team, but he'd be a 13th forward for us. He's a better fit for us because we may need him eventually, more likely so than we'd need McLaren. Everyone wanted to get rid of him to anyone who would take him.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
SeaOfBlue

Quote:
I agree with you, even though I'd love to get Caron for the low price of McLaren. Any interest in Bodie or should I go dangle him somewhere else?
I thought we are keeping Bodie? McLaren doesn't have a use for us because of the emergence of Bodie, otherwise I thought we would keep him. He's still worth something as a 13th forward or 4th line grinder.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Draft

I'd have zero interest in moving Leblanc for Caron. I wouldn't mind Caron on the Habs but I don't think we need to move Leblanc to get him.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 03:21 PM
SeaOfBlue

Quote:
Oilers for Musil
Major overpayment. Hartikainen is better than Caron, yet he didn't make your lineup. Caron wouldn't have a chance.

Old
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Explain this to me. We are a lesser team, but he'd be a 13th forward for us. He's a better fit for us because we may need him eventually, more likely so than we'd need McLaren. Everyone wanted to get rid of him to anyone who would take him.
On bottom tier teams, leafs are in the middle somewhere IMO.

He's an NHL player, one that is more valuable to the Bruins than Mclaren ever would be. Julien knows and trusts Caron defensively. Neither are worth much of anything, why would we make that trade?