HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jordan Caron

Old
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
On bottom tier teams, leafs are in the middle somewhere IMO.

He's an NHL player, one that is more valuable to the Bruins than Mclaren ever would be. Julien knows and trusts Caron defensively. Neither are worth much of anything, why would we make that trade?
I don't think he'd make Florida or Edmonton or NYI. Maybe Buffalo or Calgary (even though Calgary isn't a 100% basement team).

Is Thornton still suspended? That would be a reason.

Also, I recognize he's an NHL player, but I would make him come to practices or make him go through the Ashton treatment first. They're comparable players, maybe Carlyle can get something out of him.

SeaOfBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl22 View Post
I agree with you, even though I'd love to get Caron for the low price of McLaren. Any interest in Bodie or should I go dangle him somewhere else?
You know we're dealing in hypotheticals right? Lol

I don't know enough about him, but if he could help is then sure. Caron is not worth much, but he's a serviceable plug in/more valuable than Mclaren would be.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:29 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:

I don't know enough about him, but if he could help is then sure. Caron is not worth much, but he's a serviceable plug in/more valuable than Mclaren would be.
Jeez I don't know what happened? I guess Caron had some magic juice McLaren is worth a 5th, is Caron worth a 4th? I had him at a mid 6th.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfBlue View Post
I don't think he'd make Florida or Edmonton or NYI. Maybe Buffalo or Calgary (even though Calgary isn't a 100% basement team).

Is Thornton still suspended? That would be a reason.

Also, I recognize he's an NHL player, but I would make him come to practices or make him go through the Ashton treatment first. They're comparable players, maybe Carlyle can get something out of him.
Thornton has been done with his suspension for a month.....

U give Caron consistent ice time he'd make some of the bottom tiered teams.

Once again, Caron doesn't hurt the team and is above avg defensively..why trade him for what amounts to nothing?

Old
02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Caron would absolutely play over Florek..Fraser is a toss up, Caron is quite a bit better defensively so it would largely depend on Julien. In the playoffs I'd wager julien would put Caron in over Fraser.
Justin Florek is superior player to Caron and Thornton right now, but forced to languish in AHL for another year because of politics, i.e., coach's favorites.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Jeez I don't know what happened? I guess Caron had some magic juice McLaren is worth a 5th, is Caron worth a 4th? I had him at a mid 6th.
More valuable to the Bruins than Mclaren would be. Completely different. U still haven't told me why the bruins should do the trade other than it would be a good reclamation project for the leafs.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Ret
Allegedly Boychuk

Quote:

Oh I know, was just kiddin.

As I've stated before, I think he would be a perfect fit with the Bruins and I'd be cool with Caron as a replacement for him. Who knows, mabye he could even reignite his offensive game with Holland.

Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Justin Florek is superior player to Caron and Thornton right now, but forced to languish in AHL for another year because of politics, i.e., coach's favorites.
And he's far better defensively. Florek has played how many games in the nhl? Julien plays Caron over Florek 99 times out of 100z

Old
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Thornton has been done with his suspension for a month.....

U give Caron consistent ice time he'd make some of the bottom tiered teams.

Once again, Caron doesn't hurt the team and is above avg defensively..why trade him for what amounts to nothing?
Oh well then... And McLaren isn't nothing He's about the same as Caron, but has grinder ability.

Well simply put, you aren't going to get anything large like Musil or Leblanc or him. It's going to be someone of similar value to McLaren or Orr. Maybe Bodie.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:

As I've stated before, I think he would be a perfect fit with the Bruins and I'd be cool with Caron as a replacement for him. Who knows, mabye he could even reignite his offensive game with Holland.
I know. That's the thing tho. One doesn't "get rid of a player" who can still help the team in some capacity for nothing haha.

Trades need to go both ways..even if the assets are both worth next to nothig. Mclaren wouldn't help Boston at all! Lol.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:

Though they don't want McLaren, so they also wouldn't want Bodie. Maybe if we threw in Holzer, we can get Caron and sort of pick

Old
02-17-2014, 04:37 PM
MXPX

Coyotes offer Paul Bissonnette

MXPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:38 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
I know. That's the thing tho. One doesn't "get rid of a player" who can still help the team in some capacity for nothing haha.

Trades need to go both ways..even if the assets are both worth next to nothig. Mclaren wouldn't help Boston at all! Lol.
Ah I thought Thornton was still suspended... And I thought you needed more grinder depth. Plus I was given support by your fanbase.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Oh well then... And McLaren isn't nothing He's about the same as Caron, but has grinder ability.

Well simply put, you aren't going to get anything large like Musil or Leblanc or him. It's going to be someone of similar value to McLaren or Orr. Maybe Bodie.
Does Mclaren kill penalties? Has he played in the system for years and know where to be/trusted by the coach?

Your trade makes no sense for the Bruins, period. That doesn't mean Caron is worth much.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:39 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXPX View Post
Coyotes offer Paul Bissonnette
They don't like McLaren, I don't think he's better.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
And he's far better defensively. Florek has played how many games in the nhl? Julien plays Caron over Florek 99 times out of 100z
Caron is not better than Florek defensively. Florek has been best two-way forward on Providence for two straight years, and voted one of top defensive forwards in college hockey his senior year. It's clear Florek contributed more when inserted in Boston lineup this year. The coach would play Caron, but mistakenly so.

Last edited by Eennad142: 02-17-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Though they don't want McLaren, so they also wouldn't want Bodie. Maybe if we threw in Holzer, we can get Caron and sort of pick
Holzer is 100% different. Chiarelli has been known to pick up bottom pairing guys with potential to do more (kampfer, Bartkowski, boychuk) etc.

Holzer plays defense and could help the team in some capacity. Mclaren doesn't.

Not saying wed do it ( I don't know enough about him), but I'd look at it.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Ret
Allegedly Boychuk

Quote:
Bodie actually has the skills to set up and score a goal here and there. He's also willing to drop the gloves and has recently been playing over ten minutes a game. It's the perfect fit for Boston and I'd love Caron on the Leafs. But I'd be just as content keeping Bodie on the roster.

Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Caron is not better than Florek defensively. Florek has been best two-way forward on Providence for two straight years, and voted one of top defensive forwards in college hockey his senior year. It's clear Florek contributed more when inserted in Boston lineup this year. The coach would play Caron, but mistakingly so.
Agree to disagree but ill take CJs word over yours. He knows more than both of us.

Old
02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
MXPX

Quote:
They don't like McLaren, I don't think he's better.
I know but the value of Caron is low. It't look like Bruins are giving up soon if he is not better soon. Coyotes are willing to give him a chance to prove what he can do.

MXPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:33 PM
2ka RasK
Rise Above!

Caron + (+) for Michael Frolik?

2ka RasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:12 AM
belair

To Edmonton for Nick Schultz.

If he does end up in Edmonton, I would not be shocked to see him earn another contract. He's a far superior player to Joensuu and could really impress if given the shot.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 05:32 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Caron is not better than Florek defensively. Florek has been best two-way forward on Providence for two straight years, and voted one of top defensive forwards in college hockey his senior year. It's clear Florek contributed more when inserted in Boston lineup this year. The coach would play Caron, but mistakenly so.
Do you want Florek in Boston to sit on the bench? Because that is Caron's job. In case you didn't notice, if there is injuries they make call ups and those players usually play over Caron. Caron plays once in a while so that he remains in game shape but that is it.

He sits on the bench and waits for an injury or illness to happen in a situation where they can't call someone up from Providence. Is there anybody in the Bruins entire system that you would rather have riding the bench? It seems like the absolute worst job in the entire system to me.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:42 AM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
To Edmonton for Nick Schultz.

If he does end up in Edmonton, I would not be shocked to see him earn another contract. He's a far superior player to Joensuu and could really impress if given the shot.
This at the trade deadline makes sense.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:02 AM
ReillyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka RasK View Post
Caron + (+) for Michael Frolik?
What's the +? Frolik has been very good for the Jets this year.

ReillyO is offline   Reply With Quote