HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lars Eller + 1st

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2014, 01:13 AM
  #1
AustinAK20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Lars Eller + 1st

What kind of player could this package see as a return?

Looking for a good young player not a vet

Just curious

AustinAK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:16 AM
  #2
HaleyDestroyedNurse
Go Sharks!
 
HaleyDestroyedNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 615
Mid first and a (current) #3C with 2nd line upside could fetch abit I imagine.


Last edited by Frenchy: 02-18-2014 at 07:45 PM.
HaleyDestroyedNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:25 AM
  #3
Meeqs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinAK20 View Post
What kind of player could this package see as a return?

Looking for a good young player not a vet

Just curious
Well what are your teams needs and what teams need a great 3rd line C or could live with a meh 2nd line C with his skillset?

I feel like it is a weird fit because generally picks and young players would be for an older player in their prime to help you contend now, but what you are looking for is more of a hockey trade so I am not sure what purpose the 1st holds as it just is a weird dynamic.

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:28 AM
  #4
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Could this be worth Tyler Myers? Too much? Not enough?

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:29 AM
  #5
Meeqs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
I think you could find something with teams like Buffalo, Dallas, WPG, maybe Van, PHO,PHI, NYI, NJD, FLA, or EDM .

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM
  #6
Meeqs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Could this be worth Tyler Myers? Too much? Not enough?
Not the right pieces.

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:32 AM
  #7
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyMcOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 50
Vanek

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:43 AM
  #8
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post
Not the right pieces.
What would it take to acquire Tyler Myers?

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:50 AM
  #9
Meeqs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
What would it take to acquire Tyler Myers?
Most likely a more dynamic young offensive forward. One who could put up a ton of points who isn't too small. Whether or not Myers is worth the that type of return is up for debate but for Buf to give him up you would have to act like he is going to reach his full potential that others label him to have. So it would be a risky trade. From MTL's side it would be tougher to create a deal as they dont really have that, or at least if you were to try and force a deal MTL would be very unhappy with the result it would take.

Also to note, not a Buf fan.

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 06:19 AM
  #10
14eberle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post
Most likely a more dynamic young offensive forward. One who could put up a ton of points who isn't too small. Whether or not Myers is worth the that type of return is up for debate but for Buf to give him up you would have to act like he is going to reach his full potential that others label him to have. So it would be a risky trade. From MTL's side it would be tougher to create a deal as they dont really have that, or at least if you were to try and force a deal MTL would be very unhappy with the result it would take.

Also to note, not a Buf fan.
How about David Perron +

14eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 07:23 AM
  #11
wunderpanda
#FireMurray
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: outside the hive
Country:
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
What would it take to acquire Tyler Myers?

Myers proposals never end well It would take the same type of overpayment that Montreal would need to trade Subban. Not saying Myers is as good a player, but he has that type of value to the Sabres.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 07:38 AM
  #12
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Myers proposals never end well It would take the same type of overpayment that Montreal would need to trade Subban. Not saying Myers is as good a player, but he has that type of value to the Sabres.
Well, Avs fans think they can get Subban for PAP+ so I think we can put together a package like that.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:58 AM
  #13
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post
I think you could find something with teams like Buffalo, Dallas, WPG, maybe Van, PHO,PHI, NYI, NJD, FLA, or EDM .
Why would Philly be interested when they have Giroux, Schenn, Lecavelier and Couturier as centers with Laughton on the way.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:10 AM
  #14
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeqs View Post
I think you could find something with teams like Buffalo, Dallas, WPG, maybe Van, PHO,PHI, NYI, NJD, FLA, or EDM .
Why do you think we would need something like this?
Do people get scared not to put us in every single trade proposal?

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:45 AM
  #15
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinAK20 View Post
What kind of player could this package see as a return?

Looking for a good young player not a vet

Just curious
To

Chris Stewart
STL 1st

To

Lars Eller
MTL 1st

Stewart > Eller
MTL 1st > STL 1st

Blues get a 2nd line center ideal for their system.

Habs get a big winger who will stand up for smaller teammates and should be good for 30+ goals in a more wide-open Eastern Conference style.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:45 AM
  #16
Be a Hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Nail Yakupov ...

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:47 AM
  #17
sansabri
RIP Capucci/Berger.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 20,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
To

Chris Stewart
STL 1st

To

Lars Eller
MTL 1st

Stewart > Eller
MTL 1st > STL 1st

Blues get a 2nd line center ideal for their system.

Habs get a big winger who will stand up for smaller teammates and should be good for 30+ goals in a more wide-open Eastern Conference style.
no thanks. rather keep Eller.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:53 AM
  #18
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
no thanks. rather keep Eller.
You can have Halak back, too...

Seriously, good luck finding a player better than Stewart that is:

-- Available for the price of Lars Eller.

-- A fit for the kind of wide-open game the Canadiens have historically been good at.

-- Willing to drop the gloves and stick up for the Smurfs on the Habs' current roster.

The exchange of first-round picks is to balance out the obvious difference in talent level and demonstrated production between Stewart and Eller.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:26 AM
  #19
nuckfan insk
Registered User
 
nuckfan insk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: saskatoon Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,060
vCash: 50
Those are pieces Vancouver could use

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:36 AM
  #20
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
Nail Yakupov ...
Try again.

I would consider Perron.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:37 AM
  #21
dynastyleaguehockey
HFB Partner
 
dynastyleaguehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Greece
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14eberle View Post
How about David Perron +
Depends on the +. Would have to be a lot to pry Myers away from Buffalo.

dynastyleaguehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:15 PM
  #22
sansabri
RIP Capucci/Berger.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 20,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
You can have Halak back, too...

Seriously, good luck finding a player better than Stewart that is:

-- Available for the price of Lars Eller.

-- A fit for the kind of wide-open game the Canadiens have historically been good at.

-- Willing to drop the gloves and stick up for the Smurfs on the Habs' current roster.

The exchange of first-round picks is to balance out the obvious difference in talent level and demonstrated production between Stewart and Eller.
good luck finding a sucker who'll believe this junk. Stewart is as inconsistent as they come.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:43 PM
  #23
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard
 
SHAR KS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country:
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
good luck finding a sucker who'll believe this junk. Stewart is as inconsistent as they come.
Eller is probably more inconsistent than stewart.

SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:44 PM
  #24
AustinAK20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Would this package be too much or too little for Mark Scheifele and would winnipeg fans do that trade, probably not but wishful thinking

AustinAK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
  #25
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard
 
SHAR KS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country:
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinAK20 View Post
Would this package be too much or too little for Mark Scheifele and would winnipeg fans do that trade, probably not but wishful thinking
Jets laugh. Scheifele as a 20 yr old rookie already has more points than ellers career high.

SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.