HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Topic Thread-Bring on Spring..Tired of this Winter......

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 500
Seriously, this weather isn't funny anymore. I have no more room to put the snow that I shovel...and it's snowing again today.

I wish I was a kid again where it was fun when it snowed.

Old
02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Flat roof where the snow is piling up?

I used to clear the roof over the kitchen in my parents' house if it was heavy or deep. A foot of snow, with some recent wet/heavy snow would definitely fall into the "clear the roof" category for me.

Actually, since you're asking for a roof rake it sounds like it's a sloped roof. I'm surprised there's that much accumulating. At this point, if ice dams were going to form or were going to be an issue, I think you would have already noticed them on the inside of the roof (given you have the ability in the home to check that).
Thanks, we are going to go up tonight and shovel some off. There was a few inches up there before we got buried yesterday; and with the drifts it looks like it is a foot plus in some areas. it's sloped, but it's not a steep slope, and it drifts up towards the second story.
Just was a little worried last night about it; and then with it coming down hard again today; made me even moreso!!

Old
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

I think a normally pitched roof can handle 2-4 feet of snow depending on whether it's new or old (compacted) snow.

Old
02-19-2014, 02:53 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Thanks, we are going to go up tonight and shovel some off. There was a few inches up there before we got buried yesterday; and with the drifts it looks like it is a foot plus in some areas. it's sloped, but it's not a steep slope, and it drifts up towards the second story.
Just was a little worried last night about it; and then with it coming down hard again today; made me even moreso!!
Drifts don't usually have a lot of weight (water content).

Old
02-19-2014, 02:57 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Managed to fit all my furniture into the uhaul to move today...then it started snowing/raining and I almost lost it. Can't wait to just be settled in

Old
02-19-2014, 03:05 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiledoom View Post
Managed to fit all my furniture into the uhaul to move today...then it started snowing/raining and I almost lost it. Can't wait to just be settled in
Moving sucks. I've done it 3 times and hated it more each time.

Old
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
IMO it's weirder that she had an account to begin with. Sign #1 it's a good thing its over.

If my girlfriend created an HF account, the only option I would have is to get on it and individually PM each mod calling them a c bomb...although, I'd probably hit up Chuck twice
I thought it was funny when she told me she made one haha, its cause I used to post about her sometimes and naturally she was curious what

Its whatever. For someone who says they're so moved on and don't care about me she sure goes out of her way to make sure I know she doesn't care… Like by removing me as a friend on a hockey message board. To me I think it would be more telling that she moved on if she forgot Hfboards existed

Relationships are dumb. Whats the point if at the end you feel the need to act like you dont care about the other person? Doesn't that make the last two years you spent with them a complete waste of time?

If thats what she wants whatever. I hold no ill will against her even though she is the one that broke up with me. Its just life, I'll move on in time. Its not like I cheated on her or did anything bad, it was just time to break up, theres really no reason to act like she hates me but whatever. Lifes too short to act that way

That said I'm a few months away from graduating college, better enjoy this time while it lasts and not let this stupid **** get to me

Old
02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wketch22 View Post
i thought it was funny when she told me she made one haha, its cause i used to post about her sometimes and naturally she was curious what

its whatever. For someone who says they're so moved on and don't care about me she sure goes out of her way to make sure i know she doesn't care… like by removing me as a friend on a hockey message board. To me i think it would be more telling that she moved on if she forgot hfboards existed

relationships are dumb. Whats the point if at the end you feel the need to act like you dont care about the other person? Doesn't that make the last two years you spent with them a complete waste of time?

If thats what she wants whatever. I hold no ill will against her even though she is the one that broke up with me. Its just life, i'll move on in time. Its not like i cheated on her or did anything bad, it was just time to break up, theres really no reason to act like she hates me but whatever. Lifes too short to act that way

that said i'm a few months away from graduating college, better enjoy this time while it lasts and not let this stupid **** get to me
next!

Old
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Run free, you've got a lot of time to make up for
I know

I've spent half of my time in college with two girlfriends (at separate times of course) and both were from back home haha

I'm glad they happened and they were both great girls but sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I didn't just date girls from NH haha

My game out in NY is lacking

Old
02-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Yeah , she even has our dog Mia in on it.
AWWWW Cute Pup.

Wouldn't you miss New England ?

My daughter keeps telling me I should move to Calif. Meh... It's too expensive and I would miss the seasons. It would never be home.

I keep telling her she should move home.

02-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
for all you experience home owners. how much snow on the roof should I be worried about?? I've called around for a roof rake the past few days and can't find one. I have a good foot plus in some areas up there. It's an older house, about 40+ years, and I don't think we've ever cleared it in the past. Was thinking about climbing up there with a shovel this afternoon; but now it's snowing again!!
I was worried about my wood balcony. I had to climb out a window last night to shovel the 3 feet of snow off. The door going out there was blocked by snow.

I am too old for this.

Old
02-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiledoom View Post
Good luck with your new home.

Old
02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I thought it was funny when she told me she made one haha, its cause I used to post about her sometimes and naturally she was curious what

Its whatever. For someone who says they're so moved on and don't care about me she sure goes out of her way to make sure I know she doesn't care… Like by removing me as a friend on a hockey message board. To me I think it would be more telling that she moved on if she forgot Hfboards existed

Relationships are dumb. Whats the point if at the end you feel the need to act like you dont care about the other person? Doesn't that make the last two years you spent with them a complete waste of time?

If thats what she wants whatever. I hold no ill will against her even though she is the one that broke up with me. Its just life, I'll move on in time. Its not like I cheated on her or did anything bad, it was just time to break up, theres really no reason to act like she hates me but whatever. Lifes too short to act that way

That said I'm a few months away from graduating college, better enjoy this time while it lasts and not let this stupid **** get to me

Yes...Do that. Seems like she bothers you so you must still have feelings.

Good Luck. You are young and in time will meet someone new and better for you.

Just learn from this.

Old
02-19-2014, 06:51 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Yeah , she even has our dog Mia in on it.
what a cutie - hope you warmed her up and loved her bunches!!!

Old
02-19-2014, 07:04 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Went to Disney On Ice today. Apparenyly Lucic was there too with his daughter, but I didn't see him sadly. It just made me wish the boys were back playing

Also, 15 dollars for a snow cone is ridiculous and I can't believe it went up since last year. Pretty sure it was only 10. Unless I'm just losing my mind. Crazy prices.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
AWWWW Cute Pup.

My daughter keeps telling me I should move to Calif. Meh... It's too expensive and I would miss the seasons. It would never be home.

We've visited California a few times. Very beautiful, but I'm not a fan of earthquakes and wildfires. Pass.

Old
02-20-2014, 05:56 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
I think a normally pitched roof can handle 2-4 feet of snow depending on whether it's new or old (compacted) snow.
i think so.
I remember a couple years ago the snow on my roof was almost completely covering my direct tv dish. I had no tv for like 3 or 4 days until some melted away. I never shovelled any off that year. This year its not even at the bottom of the dish yet.

Old
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
AWWWW Cute Pup.

I dont know if I'd miss it here or not. I guess it will depend a lot as to where my 3 kids end up. I couldnt be too far from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
what a cutie - hope you warmed her up and loved her bunches!!!

No worries Ellen. Mia gets better than I do.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-20-2014, 07:43 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone notice the unusual string of names of the kids of Kelly,Seidenberg and Lucic? Pressley,Noah,Story,Breaker and Valentina. What,no Mary or Mike?

Old
02-20-2014, 09:00 AM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Went to Disney On Ice today. Apparenyly Lucic was there too with his daughter, but I didn't see him sadly. It just made me wish the boys were back playing

Also, 15 dollars for a snow cone is ridiculous and I can't believe it went up since last year. Pretty sure it was only 10. Unless I'm just losing my mind. Crazy prices.
Holy Crap! Are being facetious? Seriously - 15 bucks for a fricken' snow cone??

I love my kids and all, but not nearly that much.

Old
02-20-2014, 09:05 AM
duckchobbins

May or may not have crushed a triple bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys for lunch yesterday. As a possible result, I may or may not have forced myself to eat a light dinner at 9pm.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Anyone notice the unusual string of names of the kids of Kelly,Seidenberg and Lucic? Pressley,Noah,Story,Breaker and Valentina. What,no Mary or Mike?
Breaker Seidenberg is an awesome name.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-20-2014, 02:35 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Breaker Seidenberg is an awesome name.
Then there is his/her sibling One-Nine

Old