HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Palffy lost interest

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 06:00 AM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Palffy lost interest

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=160384

After the Kings got Roenick. Or at least that's what this says. Take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
"After LA got Jeremy Roenick, I lost interest. He is a good player, but if they are interested in Roenick, they are interested in Roenick. I lost my interest in the Kings. Besides, the team did not have enough money left under the cap. Maybe they thought I would give in."
Well I can't do the link thing right, so there's the quote from the Pens board.

Last edited by KingsFan7824: 08-09-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old
08-09-2005, 07:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
He just didn't want to go back to LA.

The Kings brought in 2 all-star calibre centers and Palffy lost interest because of that? Sorry, that is ********.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Ujin

Considering the source, I've always wondered - how reliable is the Slovakian media when it comes to quotes? Do they have a reputation for accuracy? Or do they make up quotes like the NY Times?

Reason I ask is that we've gotten lots of weird quotes from the Slovakian press over the years. The Slovak paper said last year that Ziggy didn't want to come back to L.A. because he wanted to be closer to Slovakia - which turned out to be false. Then they quote Ziggy saying that the Kings were negotiating with his agent early in violation of league rules - and that appears to have been false, too.

If the quote is true, then it's an unbelievably STUPID thing to complain about the Kings getting a top-notch center for him to play with. But that unbelievable part makes me wonder if this is an accurate quote.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:26 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujin
Considering the source, I've always wondered - how reliable is the Slovakian media when it comes to quotes? Do they have a reputation for accuracy? Or do they make up quotes like the NY Times?

Reason I ask is that we've gotten lots of weird quotes from the Slovakian press over the years. The Slovak paper said last year that Ziggy didn't want to come back to L.A. because he wanted to be closer to Slovakia - which turned out to be false. Then they quote Ziggy saying that the Kings were negotiating with his agent early in violation of league rules - and that appears to have been false, too.

If the quote is true, then it's an unbelievably STUPID thing to complain about the Kings getting a top-notch center for him to play with. But that unbelievable part makes me wonder if this is an accurate quote.
What makes it even stupider is the thought of "I don't want to play with a talented center so I'm off to Pittsburg to play with Lemieux, Crosby, and Malkin."

Old
08-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Claypool*

Here's quotes from the pittsburgh news:

"I was surprised," Palffy said from Slovakia about the call late last week. "I was really happy that he was interested in me. He was fair, and he was straight. He just called me player to player. He's an owner, [but] he's not just about that. He wants to get me to this organization.

"They're putting a good team together. With the new rules, it's going to be fun. It's a more open ice. It's going to be different hockey for sure for the people. Very different hockey."

Patrick said the Penguins had good timing and good luck, what with the Kings trading for Jeremy Roenick late last week. Said Palffy: "I didn't ask for $6 million; I was asking for a fair price. The Kings were interested, then they got Roenick and they backed out. I put everything behind me right now. I'm ready to play hockey."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05221/550823.stm

Old
08-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool
Here's quotes from the pittsburgh news:

"I was surprised," Palffy said from Slovakia about the call late last week. "I was really happy that he was interested in me. He was fair, and he was straight. He just called me player to player. He's an owner, [but] he's not just about that. He wants to get me to this organization.

"They're putting a good team together. With the new rules, it's going to be fun. It's a more open ice. It's going to be different hockey for sure for the people. Very different hockey."

Patrick said the Penguins had good timing and good luck, what with the Kings trading for Jeremy Roenick late last week. Said Palffy: "I didn't ask for $6 million; I was asking for a fair price. The Kings were interested, then they got Roenick and they backed out. I put everything behind me right now. I'm ready to play hockey."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05221/550823.stm

I don't buy one word of it.

Old
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Demitra will hopefully make us forget all about Palffy... we won't see Palffy at all this season anyway - we're not playing Pittsburgh at all. (Except in the finals, potentially )

Old
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Sleestak

I don't find it hard to believe at all. Typical Kings negotiations, take it or leave it, or pull the offer from the table.

Happened before, will happen again, makes total sense to me.

George

Old
08-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Matt13

Do you ever have something new to say?

Old
08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Wow. I guess we can thank Paul Kraus for Ziggy's attitude.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I don't find it hard to believe at all. Typical Kings negotiations, take it or leave it, or pull the offer from the table.

Happened before, will happen again, makes total sense to me.

George
Is LGK up yet? I think it is. Just sayin'.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Sleestak

Yes, the lemming board is up and running last I checked. Go run off and do a cheer for this team, they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Is LGK up yet? I think it is. Just sayin'.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Blah Blah Blah, same thing over and over, Blah Blah Blah, Kings suck, everyone else rules, Blah Blah Blah, Im so predictible, Blah Blah Blah Dave Taylor doesnt know what he's doing Blah Blah Blah, I obviously know more Blah Blah Blah.

Blah

Old
08-09-2005, 11:21 AM
B-MEL

Quote:

Maybe we can George Bush to drop fliers all over Slovakia to let the people know he's lying.

"Kings did not have enough cap room for me" ??? Dude we're at $30 Million (which includes the qualifying offers to RFA's) Your offer was for the same amount you signed for, just for 2 years vs 3. Just admit YOU did not want to play in LA. Move on and enjoy the weather in Pitt!!!

Old
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man
Maybe we can George Bush to drop fliers all over Slovakia to let the people know he's lying.

"Kings did not have enough cap room for me" ??? Dude we're at $30 Million (which includes the qualifying offers to RFA's) Your offer was for the same amount you signed for, just for 2 years vs 3. Just admit YOU did not want to play in LA. Move on and enjoy the weather in Pitt!!!
The only thing you heard in negotiations from Palffy was that he was looking for a contract to retire on, a three or four year deal. This was at the beginning of free agency. The Kings only offered two years. It was that simple, IMO. Nothing about how he wanted to get away from LA, just how he wanted an extra year. The Kings didn't give it to him, the Pens did, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sam: 08-09-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Sleestak

Well that was pure genius, right along with your other well thought out posts. Wake me up when the Kings do something to cheer about. Until then I will reserve my positive posts when the Kings actually do something positive.

But we've done so well for what, the past ten years, I guess there is nothing negative worth mentioning that the Kings FO might want to address.

I suppose if we all imagine that the Kings are cup contenders and just shut out mouths and say nothing but nice things, it might actually happen.

Blah.

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13
Blah

Old
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Well that was pure genius, right along with your other well thought out posts. Wake me up when the Kings do something to cheer about. Until then I will reserve my positive posts when the Kings actually do something positive.

Old
08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Birdman

Quote:

But we've done so well for what, the past ten years, I guess there is nothing negative worth mentioning that the Kings FO might want to address.

I suppose if we all imagine that the Kings are cup contenders and just shut out mouths and say nothing but nice things, it might actually happen.

Blah.

George
So I guess you don't want some tickets to this year's games?

Old
08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Translation:

They acquired JR and that does not leave any room for my boyfriend Stumpel.

Pitts is looking into signing my boyfriend.

D

Old
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
i thought it was pretty funny, personally.

seriously, what would you like the kings' management to do? click their heels together and say "there's no one like palffy" a few times? and as for this stuff about the kings getting serious about winning the cup or doing this or that, don't get ahead of yourself. they need to start making the playoffs before they start realistically "going for the cup." otherwise, they'll just be making wild, desperate moves that won't get them anywhere. and don't take this as negativity--the last few years were injurious debacles, but, contrary to many other posters around then and now, i don't feel that it was murray's fault, taylor's fault, the popcorn guy's fault, or yo mamma's fault. rather, i think that taylor went out and built a very respectable team at low cost, but the price was susecptability to injury for our top players. it was a calculated risk that worked well at times but ended up not working the last two years. such is life. i think that management has done their best over the last five or six years (however long its been since taylor came in, i guess). overall, i'm happy with the progress that the team has made, and i'm fairly happy with the team we have going into this season. we are neither powerhouses nor cup contenders, but what could one do? its very easy for fans to sit around and say "why aren't we serious about winning?" but for a gm and coach, the matter is entirely more complicated. to them, it is a constellation of decisions that must be made day in and day out about whom to sign, whom not to, what an acceptable price is for someone, etc. the best they can do is try to make decisions that in the aggregate make the team better, give the team flexibility, or more room for growth. i am satisfied that management has done that.

Old
08-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Translation:

D
If the Pens will sign Slumpel, Palffy is a clown.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:06 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
If the Pens will sign Slumpel, Palffy is a clown.
They will sign Stumpel. You're right he is a clown and he no longer wears the crest.
Who's to blame? I don't know, I don't care. I loved Ziggy and will probably watch Pitt games on the ticket to see how he does. But if he ever shows up in LA, I hope we destroy him.
I've been dealing with favorite players moving for the last 20 yrs not only with the Kings but with Juve. I'm use to it. It bums me out at times, but i'll get over it (see i'm already over it). I hope Pittsburgh wins their division and then gets swept in the first round!

They shouldn't get a top pick for the next ten years. They have no excuses anymore.

Old
08-09-2005, 06:02 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:

Slovakian media = Hacksaw

Old
08-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Translation:

D
I wonder if he's going to grow his hair out and wear #68 again?

Old
08-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
I wonder if he's going to grow his hair out and wear #68 again?
Billy Ray Palffy.

Closed Thread