HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FWIW, Quick blurb on the JR trade.

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2005, 04:58 PM
nocturn

vCash: 500
FWIW, Quick blurb on the JR trade.

I spoke with my best friend this weekend which happens to be in the Flyers Management. I asked him for details on the Forsberg signing and the JR trade. He said BC really wasnít in the race to sign Forsberg until he got a call from Peter's agents saying he (Peter) really wanted to play specifically for Philly. Forsburg actually turned down a couple huge offers from other teams to go to Philly. My buddy really didnít go into who made the higher offers, plus I really didnít care.

Apparently this didnít sit well with Roenick. He does not like Forsberg at all...Hate is a good word.

JR immediately asked BC to be traded specifically to Los Angeles. He didnít care how/what...he wanted L.A. Not PHX and then LA.... It was LA or retire. Bobby made the call. DT wasnít interested at first but became more interested since Clark basically didnít want anything in return. The "Future Considerations" is basically a formality because you canít give away a player for free. JR and BC parted ways on a good note.

I know there really isnít anything new in this post but it put my mind at ease to know JR really did want LA and LA wasnít just second fiddle to PHX.

My buddy, without mentioning it verbatim, insinuated JR is setting himself up for "life after Hockey"...Lets just hope he hooks the Kings up before he hangs em' up.

One last tid-bit of info. Peter Forsburg has built himself a bad reputation amongst NHL players. Apparently there are'nt very many Flyers happy with his signing.

Old
08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Capn Brown

Interesting stuff. So, like Ziggy, Foppa's a ****?

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 08-09-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn
I spoke with my best friend this weekend which happens to be in the Flyers Management. I asked him for details on the Forsberg signing and the JR trade. He said BC really wasnít in the race to sign Forsberg until he got a call from Peter's agents saying he (Peter) really wanted to play specifically for Philly. Forsburg actually turned down a couple huge offers from other teams to go to Philly. My buddy really didnít go into who made the higher offers, plus I really didnít care.

Apparently this didnít sit well with Roenick. He does not like Forsberg at all...Hate is a good word.

JR immediately asked BC to be traded specifically to Los Angeles. He didnít care how/what...he wanted L.A. Not PHX and then LA.... It was LA or retire. Bobby made the call. DT wasnít interested at first but became more interested since Clark basically didnít want anything in return. The "Future Considerations" is basically a formality because you canít give away a player for free. JR and BC parted ways on a good note.

I know there really isnít anything new in this post but it put my mind at ease to know JR really did want LA and LA wasnít just second fiddle to PHX.

My buddy, without mentioning it verbatim, insinuated JR is setting himself up for "life after Hockey"...Lets just hope he hooks the Kings up before he hangs em' up.

One last tid-bit of info. Peter Forsburg has built himself a bad reputation amongst NHL players. Apparently there are'nt very many Flyers happy with his signing.
I know you are just passing along what you heard but 2 things dont make sense.

1) his family and business are in Arizona, so why not Phoenix 1st?

2) BC could have saved himself a 3rd round draft pick had he just forced JR's hand into retirement.

Old
08-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Venom_17

If this is true, then JR played it very classy all the way through with the media...he even said he thinks Foppa is the best player in the world. But very interesting nonetheless.

Everyone is talking about Philly being so good, but what if Foppa gets hurt? They still only have Esche back in net, and they signed 3 big and slow d-men. They lost Amonte and Roenick and LeClair. If Carter and Richards don't make a huge impact immediately they could be in big trouble. They also handicapped themselves with the salary cap...

Old
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Game Misconduct

Don't think so.
Attached Images
File Type: gif bsflag.gif‎ (8.7 KB, 39 views)

Old
08-09-2005, 06:58 PM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Don't think so.
priceless....

Old
08-09-2005, 09:04 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...y/12320500.htm

funny, in the article above it said clarke called baizely...

08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Don't think so.
Hey, thats cool. Im not going to play the game. Believe it or dont.

I've known this guy for years and have received tons of good info from him.

So what makes you think I'm full of it?

I can see you might think Im BSing...being a noob with under 20 posts. But ask some of the cats on this board about my rep over at LGK. Im a straight shooter.

Anyway...no worries.

Old
08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Hey, thats cool. Im not going to play the game. Believe it or dont.

I've known this guy for years and have received tons of good info from him.

So what makes you think I'm full of it?
first of all, this thread falls under no. 14 under the user conduct...
Quote:
14) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility.
http://www.hfboards.com/faq.php?faq=...e#faq_hf_rules

Closed Thread