HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simon Despres

Old
02-18-2014, 09:28 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 587
Simon Despres

The Pens need wingers to help make a playoff push and for the future. He is easily in most top 6 and in some top 4. Despres is a two-way Dman, great size and skater, ready for an NHL role now and projects as a good top 4 Dman.

So what does your team offer for Simon Despres?

The Pens DO NOT need ANY defense at ALL.

Kunitz-Crosby-XXXXX
XXXXX-Geno-Neal

Agreed HF Deals-
Despres for Chassion

Last edited by iFishyHD: 02-18-2014 at 09:50 PM.
iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 500
What would you add to Despres for Gallagher, if anything? If nothing, there is no deal to be made though. Bournival is another option, who I think would be a very solid long term player, but I don't think he holds enough value around the league for you guys to be interested.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:32 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What would you add to Despres for Gallagher, if anything? If nothing, there is no deal to be made though. Bournival is another option, who I think would be a very solid long term player, but I don't think he holds enough value around the league for you guys to be interested.
Hmm. Gallagher would be with Crosby.

Despres
2nd
Orpik
+

for Gallagher?

Anywhere close?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:35 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
Hmm. Gallagher would be with Crosby.

Despres
2nd
Orpik
+

for Gallagher?

Anywhere close?
I absolutely love Gallagher, and would be extremely nervous about trading him - whatever line he's on seems to do well, but I think that would be doable. Despres would be a great long term fit the the Habs. Orpik could be solid, even though he's a UFA. I would prefer a powerforward type of winger prospect over Orpik, but I know the Pens are short on wingers. I think I could do this deal though.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:37 PM
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money

How about our good friend PA Parenteau
If not can I interest you in Jamie Mcginn

ColoradoAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:38 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs View Post
How about our good friend PA Parenteau
If not can I interest you in Jamie Mcginn
Pens are interested in both. What do ya want?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:39 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
I absolutely love Gallagher, and would be extremely nervous about trading him - whatever line he's on seems to do well, but I think that would be doable. Despres would be a great long term fit the the Habs. Orpik could be solid, even though he's a UFA. I would prefer a powerforward type of winger prospect over Orpik, but I know the Pens are short on wingers. I think I could do this deal though.
I feel Montreal feels the same. Maybe Pens add conditional 3rd, but not much more.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money

Quote:
Pens are interested in both. What do ya want?
Well considering this is a Despres thread, he would be the centerpiece, but I don't know much about him, would either team need to add in a deal for PAP?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Well considering this is a Despres thread, he would be the centerpiece, but I don't know much about him, would either team need to add in a deal for PAP?
Not to sure tbh. Despres is probably worth about PAP. Not to sure about PAP as dumb as it sounds. But I imagine maybe

Despres
2nd

for

PAP. You sold?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Pretty sure acquiring Despres just puts him in the same awkward situation competing with Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn for 1-2 spots max.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Vokouna Maattata
#PouliotWatch2015

Quote:
Would you do Despres and Sundqvist for Gallagher? Sundqvist's description:

Quote:
A tall, rangy forward with a nasty on-ice disposition and offensive talent to spare, Oskar Sundqvist brings a unique package of skills to the center position. Having played in the lower levels of Swedish junior hockey, Sundqvist's upside is largely still unknown. However, given his size, skating, and offensive skills, he could one day develop into an effective two-way center.

Aside from learning how to play on a smaller rink, he must add considerable weight and strength to his frame. He also needs to develop more explosiveness and cut back on penalties.

Vokouna Maattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:48 PM
wej20

Quote:
I wouldn't deal Despres for PAP, too old and too big of a risk that he doesn't fit. Despres is a two-way Dman, great size and skater, ready for an NHL role now and projects as a good top 4 Dman.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Vokouna Maattata
#PouliotWatch2015

Anyway, I'd be looking for a young forward at a similar point of development for Despres. So no on McGinn or Parenteau for Despres.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Would you do Despres and Sundqvist for Gallagher? Sundqvist's description:
The description sounds terribly enticing, but I think I'd pass. I think he's in the same boat as some of our prospects that fly under the radar like Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Collberg, etc. (not similar styles) and thus holds very little value. Admittedly though, I've never seen Sundqvist play.

Old
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money

Quote:
Not to sure tbh. Despres is probably worth about PAP. Not to sure about PAP as dumb as it sounds. But I imagine maybe

Despres
2nd

for

PAP. You sold?
Im down

Old
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

Despres
2nd

for

PAP. You sold?
I wouldn't even consider Despres for PAP straight-up, never mind adding a 2nd that we don't even have.

Neither Colorado option gets it done alone. I'd like McGinn, but the discussion for him doesn't include Despres.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Vokouna Maattata
#PouliotWatch2015

Quote:
The description sounds terribly enticing, but I think I'd pass. I think he's in the same boat as some of our prospects that fly under the radar like Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Collberg, etc. (not similar styles) and thus holds very little value. Admittedly though, I've never seen Sundqvist play.
Yeah that's understandable. I've only seen him in the WJC, where he looked really good. He has also been playing against men this year, so it makes sense that he does well in the WJC actually.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

OP is acquiescing to some FISHY deals.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:01 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Yeah that's understandable. I've only seen him in the WJC, where he looked really good. He has also been playing against men this year, so it makes sense that he does well in the WJC actually.
I'd like to see him play now though. That description of him sounds great. I must admit that I'd like to target DSP from the Ducks - I think he'd be great for the Habs.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:29 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 950
Id love to see Despres on the Isles, and we do have Vanek on the table. However I think the Isles would also need a first round pick along with it.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:36 PM
orby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Id love to see Despres on the Isles, and we do have Vanek on the table. However I think the Isles would also need a first round pick along with it.
Pens can't add Vanek's salary. Acquiring him for a player on an ELC is out of the question.

orby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Absolutely not. Not a chance. Rental Vanek whose odds of resigning is nil is not worth a Top 4 ELC PMD and a 1st.

For Okposo though...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:59 PM
DrDangles

Why does there have to be a new Despres thread every week? It's the same answer every time.

Proven winger of similar age and potential, or part of a package for an established top 6 winger.

No need to trade Despres for anything that doesn't fill a more pressing need. The guy has gotten better with each showing and has all the tools to be a top pairing Dman.

Quote:
Would love Gallagher, but I'm not sure what else we have that would interest the Habs. Megna is a good young player that would add size your lineup. He's been very impressive this year and should have no problem settling in as a solid 3rd liner or 2nd line tweener. Other than him I can't really think of anybody aside from Bennett who is pretty much off the table if Despres is the main piece.

I'd do Despres + Megna + 2015 2nd, although I understand if that's not enough to pry Gallagher away. Habs would probably look for Despres + Bennett, I don't think we could justify it knowing what we have with both players.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDangles View Post
Why does there have to be a new Despres thread every week? It's the same answer every week.

Proven winger of similar age and potential, or part of a package for an established top 6 winger.

No need to trade Despres for anything that doesn't fill a more pressing need. The guy has gotten better with each showing and has all the tools to be a top pairing Dman.

Would love Gallagher, but I'm not sure what else we have that would interest the Habs. Megna is a good young player that would add size your lineup. He's been very impressive this year and should have no problem settling in as a solid 3rd liner or 2nd line tweener. Other than him I can't really think of anybody aside from Bennett who is pretty much off the table if Despres is the main piece.

I'd do Despres + Megna + 2015 2nd, although I understand if that's not enough to pry Gallagher away. Habs would probably look for Despres + Bennett, I don't think we could justify it knowing what we have with both players.
Don't worry, I'm a die-hard Habs fan and a homer, but I wouldn't ever ask Despres + Bennett.

If you had a Bennett-lite type prospect, I'd absolutely ask that.

Despres is a good start. I think futures are the best option for adding, if you are willing to part with any.

Old
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
mbitonti

FLA:
-Depres

PIT:
-Boyes
-Gilbert

Both UFA rentals with low cap hits, playing pretty well for a **** team

mbitonti is offline   Reply With Quote