HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Fractured Hand (Update: 2/21: Will miss 2 weeks of NHL games)

Old
03-07-2014, 07:36 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Really don't want to play Zucc with MSL. They both drive their lines and make the lines they play on fantastic, why take away from 1 line?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
mandiblesofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Really don't want to play Zucc with MSL. They both drive their lines and make the lines they play on fantastic, why take away from 1 line?
Exactly. Put Zucc back with Brassard and Pouliot. St. Louis goes with Richards.

mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 07:44 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Good point. They can play together in pp though.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Horde Force Captain
Rookie User

Quote:
The perennial quest for this team to have a genuinely exiting first line?

In all seriousness, I doubt this actually happens. Doesn't make me think, however, Stepan does anything much for the combination of Kreider and Nash on his wings.

Horde Force Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:31 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde Force Captain View Post
The perennial quest for this team to have a genuinely exiting first line?

In all seriousness, I doubt this actually happens. Doesn't make me think, however, Stepan does anything much for the combination of Kreider and Nash on his wings.
I agree. I actually suggested this to my dad, to go with Kreider-Richards-St. Louis, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash, Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello, Boyle-Moore-Carcillo.

I think Hags gets rejuvenated and plays with some energy, which helps both Stepan and Nash, who currently look like they're skating in mud and lost, IMO. They need to get going.

jerseyjinx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:34 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
I agree. I actually suggested this to my dad, to go with Kreider-Richards-St. Louis, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash, Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello, Boyle-Moore-Carcillo.

I think Hags gets rejuvenated and plays with some energy, which helps both Stepan and Nash, who currently look like they're skating in mud and lost, IMO. They need to get going.
This is the one year that I don't expect Hags to be rejuvenated and play with energy. He looks like a totally different player this year, probably one player whose style fit Torts way more. I think you have to make that move, I just don't know if the Stepan line will now be completely useless. Kreider hasn't been great but he's still a better player than Hags. That said I think Kreider with Richards and St. Louis will be frightening for the opposition. I bet Kreider gets back to his breakaway a game form of earlier this season.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Horde Force Captain
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post

I'd go with it, but wasn't AV recently quoted as saying that he wants Kreider to play with two constant team mates?

I'm not entirely sure playing with both of the aforementioned (at the same time) has bought out the best in Kreider's game. When he played with Zucc earlier in the season it looked really good at times. Saying that, you could say the same about most playing with Zucc for quite a while now

Old
03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
aloonda
fear the rooster

love to see him back playing

aloonda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Richards had x-ray on hand http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/20...rs-last-night/

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
I still can't believe that wasn't called. Such disgraceful reffing.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
VancouverCanuck
Vancouver's Finest

Brad Richards Finger Injury

Has anyone heard any other news aside from what's reported below? Hope its not serious.

Brad Richards required an X-ray on his finger after he was slashed by Eric Staal's stick on the opening shift of the third period in New York's 4-2 win over Carolina Friday night.
Staal wasn't penalized on the play and Richards was furious when he left the ice, but it doesn't look like the injury will cause him any issues aside from the swelling he experienced afterward. "I don't think that's going to be an issue," Richards said. "It's a bit of a stinger while it happens and, hopefully, tomorrow I wake up a little sore and move on." Mar 8 - 9:49 AM

VancouverCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 03:02 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiblesofdoom View Post
Exactly. Put Zucc back with Brassard and Pouliot. St. Louis goes with Richards.
I get wanting to spread the offense. Still, I would like to try it. Those two had three shifts together last night. They were unreal in their first shift, in their 2nd they sustained pressure and created a scoring chance. In their third did nothing special.

I'm not saying they should stay together, especially against the bigger teams but I think you need to at least try it. Pouliot and Brassard looked as good with Miller as they did with Zucc. I would like them to at least try this:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
MZA - Richards - MSL
Hagelin - Brassard - Pouliot
Boyle - Moore - Carcillo

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 03:07 AM
Horde Force Captain
Rookie User

Superb to see him back. AV said exactly what I was thinking - looked like he had not missed a game!