HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Drij

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
Wouldn't Radulov have to clear waivers to play for us this year?
Yes this year he would, but next year in the off season he would not.

Old
02-20-2014, 08:31 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
The era of Radulov is near
We'll get a more offensively gifted Downie back!

bad penalties and all!

02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
hughdreamz

Radulov is an enigma to me. He's either is giving it his all or not trying at all.

Old
02-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Cullen Bohannon

It must be that time of year again when the Radulov nonsense starts up.

He will never be an Av, and I doubt he'll ever play another game in the NHL.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

If they're looking for a left shooting Russian RW, I'd rather they go after Kulemin as a UFA.

Much more consistent work ethic and two way play, in addition to top six talent.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Radulov's problem isn't his work ethic, it's his temper, he's like a much more talented Downie out there.

Kulemin is as much of a top6 player as Talbot is.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:48 PM
shadow1

A potential dealing of Parenteau shouldn't be impacted by Tanguay's injury; Tanguay has been injured almost the entire season and Avs management had to have known there was the risk of re-injury during speculated conversations with other teams.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:50 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
A potential dealing of Parenteau shouldn't be impacted by Tanguay's injury; Tanguay has been injured almost the entire season and Avs management had to have known there was the risk of re-injury during any potential conversations with other teams.
This is true, but without Tanguay and Parenteau, you risk your top 6 looking pretty thin if you lose another top 6 forward to injury. We'll just have to wait and see at this point. Parenteau will probably get a chance on the top line after the break, so he has to prove himself again.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Radulov's problem isn't his work ethic, it's his temper, he's like a much more talented Downie out there.

Disagree strongly on both counts. Radulov has good worth ethic when he wants to. When he doesn't he has very poor work ethic.

Kulemin is a better top six talent than McGinn. Both can play in the top six. Toronto just hasn't seen fit to do so with Kulemin since his 30 goal season, and he has mainly been used as a shutdown guy under Carlyle.

He could play anywhere in the top 9 in Colorado and provide offense and defense.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:

Agreed. Kulemin would be a nice third line player, but he has no business being in a top-6.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Agreed. Kulemin would be a nice third line player, but he has no business being in a top-6.
What are your requirements for a player that's fit to play in the top 6? I have a feeling it would eliminate about 20-30 guys that are currently playing in the top 6 around the league.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
What are your requirements for a player that's fit to play in the top 6? I have a feeling it would eliminate about 20-30 guys that are currently playing in the top 6 around the league.
Kulemin is a solid defensive player who had one good offensive year. If a guy is in my top-6 I want him to be the puck carrier good for at least 30 assists or 20+ goals. I much prefer McGinn to Kulemin in our top-6 if it comes down to it. He's a better shot, provides some punch physically, and can create some space.

Old
02-21-2014, 12:05 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Serious question, what's keeping McGinn from being a "top 6 player"? I mean a permanent one, I know he can play as one.

Old
02-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Serious question, what's keeping McGinn from being a "top 6 player"? I mean a permanent one, I know he can play as one.
Consistency if you ask me.

Old
02-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
He's a stop gap top 6... Will probably never put enough points up to be relied on as a top 6 forward full time.

Old
02-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Kulemin is a solid defensive player who had one good offensive year. If a guy is in my top-6 I want him to be the puck carrier good for at least 30 assists or 20+ goals. I much prefer McGinn to Kulemin in our top-6 if it comes down to it. He's a better shot, provides some punch physically, and can create some space.
Not every guy in the top six is a "puck carrier." Only 2-3 of the six are usually defined as such.

Kulemin can play just fine in the top six if needed. He's easily a 20 goal scorer if you play him in a top 6 role. As I said previously, the Leafs and specifically Carlyle just haven't done so because he's their best two way player, and they want him playing a match up role.

He doesn't have to stick in the "top 6" for 82 games. Many players don't. McGinn doesn't, he's just fine moving back and forth, and is a 20 goal guy himself. You play McGinn in Kulemin's role on the Leafs and you get McGinn on the Sharks with no points.

Kulemin would be a great fit with any of Duchene, Stastny, or MacKinnon, and he'd contribute offensively and defensively on any of those lines. Great forechecker, great backchecker, makes smart little plays to get guys the puck, and has a great shot when he decides to use it.

When Kulemin was put in a top 6 role he put up 30 goals. Something literally no one currently on the Avalanche has done before, though O'Reilly, and MacKinnon have a good shot this year.

Old
02-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Dutchy9

Somebody on sportsnet (can't remember who) said that Erat's likely destinations are either Colorado or Detroit. Not too sure about that, I think I would rather have PAP than Erat, unless Erat's OK with playing on the third line.

Old
02-21-2014, 01:09 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy9 View Post
Somebody on sportsnet (can't remember who) said that Erat's likely destinations are either Colorado or Detroit. Not too sure about that, I think I would rather have PAP than Erat, unless Erat's OK with playing on the third line.
Varly for Erat?

Old
02-21-2014, 01:22 AM
Dutchy9

I would cry XD

Old
02-21-2014, 02:01 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
Disagree strongly on both counts. Radulov has good worth ethic when he wants to. When he doesn't he has very poor work ethic.

Kulemin is a better top six talent than McGinn. Both can play in the top six. Toronto just hasn't seen fit to do so with Kulemin since his 30 goal season, and he has mainly been used as a shutdown guy under Carlyle.

He could play anywhere in the top 9 in Colorado and provide offense and defense.
I didn't expect anything different, I watched Radulov in Nashville, UFA, CSKA, Dinamo and Russia and not once did I caught myself thinking, ''wow this guys should show some more hustle'', but there was certainly times when I thought he should turn down his ''insanity'' for a notch or two. He is his own worst enemy, he argues with refs, lets other players get under his skin, has a bad habit of taking bad penalties etc, but he sure as hell isn't lazy.

We both know we won't change each others opinion on Radulov, so I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Not every guy in the top six is a "puck carrier." Only 2-3 of the six are usually defined as such.

Kulemin can play just fine in the top six if needed. He's easily a 20 goal scorer if you play him in a top 6 role. As I said previously, the Leafs and specifically Carlyle just haven't done so because he's their best two way player, and they want him playing a match up role.

He doesn't have to stick in the "top 6" for 82 games. Many players don't. McGinn doesn't, he's just fine moving back and forth, and is a 20 goal guy himself. You play McGinn in Kulemin's role on the Leafs and you get McGinn on the Sharks with no points.

Kulemin would be a great fit with any of Duchene, Stastny, or MacKinnon, and he'd contribute offensively and defensively on any of those lines. Great forechecker, great backchecker, makes smart little plays to get guys the puck, and has a great shot when he decides to use it.

When Kulemin was put in a top 6 role he put up 30 goals. Something literally no one currently on the Avalanche has done before, though O'Reilly, and MacKinnon have a good shot this year.
Carlyle is using him in a defensive role because that's the best place to put him, his finishing and passing skills aren't good enough to make him a staple top 6 forward. He's a perfect player for a checking line role.

As for his 30 goal season, that was one of the flukiest goal-scoring seasons in recent memory.

Old
02-21-2014, 05:22 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
radulov is a pipe dream.. but very good one at that. one of the best wingers in hockey imo. there are flaws in his game that will probably never go away but the good outweighs the bad. maybe roy could minimize the bad too.

Quote:
Carlyle is using him in a defensive role because that's the best place to put him, his finishing and passing skills aren't good enough to make him a staple top 6 forward. He's a perfect player for a checking line role.

As for his 30 goal season, that was one of the flukiest goal-scoring seasons in recent memory.
leafs seem to have those guys..

Old
02-21-2014, 05:25 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
kulemin scored 24 5on5 goals in that 10-11 season. since then he has scored 20. shot totals have dropped steadily. not sure if it's on decline or usage; maybe both.

Last edited by InjuredChoker: 02-21-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old
02-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

I think the expectations for Kulemin should be 10-15 goals, solid defense and physical play.

It's possible because that 30 goal season his contract demands will be excessive, but if he came at a reasonable salary he'd be a good UFA addition to many teams.

Old
02-21-2014, 07:56 AM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

Ryan Callahan really seems like the perfect guy to slot next to Staz or even MacKinnon I think and deepen the top 9 (especially with PAP possibly moved). If he could be re-signed for 5.75x5 or less, I think he'd be such a good addition to this team.

Old
02-21-2014, 08:28 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Ryan Callahan really seems like the perfect guy to slot next to Staz or even MacKinnon I think and deepen the top 9 (especially with PAP possibly moved). If he could be re-signed for 5.75x5 or less, I think he'd be such a good addition to this team.
If he wanted that kind of money and term, Rangers would have signed him already.

Closed Thread