HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Slap shot height

Old
02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Goonzilla
Welcome to my house!

vCash: 500
Slap shot height

Can anyone advise any adjustments to make to keep the shot lower or make it higher (if there are any)?

Trying to hit it consistently, but seem to get quite a variation. Like to get it right before trying to work it up to putting a hole through anyone.

Goonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 08:41 PM
JoeCool16

Uhh, I'm by no means an expert at slappers, but I change my body positioning while striking a bit to determine if I'm shooting high or low. Someone can correct me if there's a better way, but if I lean over the puck a bit, I'll be able to keep it low and controlled, while if I lean back a bit, I'll get more height on it.

On top of that, just aim with your stick toe. But the leaning really makes a difference for me.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

vCash: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Uhh, I'm by no means an expert at slappers, but I change my body positioning while striking a bit to determine if I'm shooting high or low. Someone can correct me if there's a better way, but if I lean over the puck a bit, I'll be able to keep it low and controlled, while if I lean back a bit, I'll get more height on it.

On top of that, just aim with your stick toe. But the leaning really makes a difference for me.
This. My advice is also to keep your blade closed on your follow through.

Eazy for Kuzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 06:14 AM
American in Paris

The best way is to develop a feel for it through iteration. Shoot buckets of pucks, some low, some high and bit by bit your brain will internalize the micro-movements necessary to control the shot.

Make sure you're always shooting with good form. Go for control over power. The skill will develope naturally.

American in Paris is offline   Reply With Quote