HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2014-?

Old
08-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
Player rankings are in:

Ekblad 8.5 B
Hawryluk 7.5 D
Lammikko 7.0 C
Wegwerth 6.0 D
Fidler 6.0 D
Fagerblom 6.0 D
That is a tad high IMO. But I hope he reaches it.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
AaronEkbald

Say what you want about Dale, but this is quite impressive. Barring the RW depth, this is pretty nice gathering of potential. RW isn't nearly as important as C, D or G anyway. So far, so good.

AaronEkbald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 07:47 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post
Say what you want about Dale, but this is quite impressive. Barring the RW depth, this is pretty nice gathering of potential. RW isn't nearly as important as C, D or G anyway. So far, so good.

We have come a long way, from when our top prospects were Shvidki and Novoseltsev.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Florida Panthers' Young Talent Fueled by Ex-Chicago Blackhawks!

Thought this was a pretty good read through and thought I'd share it with everybody on here.

Quote:
At the end of the day, Tallon summed up the Panthers’ situation best when he pointed out to Mark Lazerus of Chicago Sun-Times, “Pirri and Hayes and Olsen are good players, but they’ve still got a long way to go,” Tallon said. “But we’ve got a lot of kids, we’re a young team. We’re rebuilding to a degree, and they fit into our future.”

Full Article:
http://alongtheboards.com/2014/07/fl...go-blackhawks/

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 03:45 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronEkbald View Post

i agree that Dale has done a great job re-stocking our farm team

but these ratings are so, so terrible. any list that literally has Colby Robak ahead of guys like McCoshen and Weegar loses all credibility.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 01:26 PM
AaronEkbald

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
i agree that Dale has done a great job re-stocking our farm team

but these ratings are so, so terrible. any list that literally has Colby Robak ahead of guys like McCoshen and Weegar loses all credibility.
They should alter the ratings according each year of the prospects' development. Colby Robak should be more like a 6.5 B and Weegar should be a 7.0 C or 7.5 D depending on how his first year of pro goes. But, Weegar was a low pick so that's why they gave him a 'D' rating. It was possible that his stock would've gone nowhere. But, it didn't. He improved and that 7th round pick is about to play in the second best league in the world and hopefully make a nice impact.

Old
08-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
It surprised me, too. I know a lot of people underrate Barkov, but they had him as an 8.5 C last year, and I don't see Ekblad as better than Barkov. Hopefully Ekblad hits his potential sooner rather than later and this team becomes a contender soon!
Well, they were obviously too conservative with Barkovs ranking too because he looks like a future superstar. He should have had a higher ranking, but probably because he was European and injuries gave him a lower grade.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

A small tournament of games between U20 teams from different countries will be played in Canada this week.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1718047

From what I can gather, this might be the Canadian roster:

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/roster/...bseason=165586

Edit: Here are the rosters for team Canada (Ekblad is playing).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...id=DL|NHL|home

Group 1 (Tuesday)

Nick Ritchie – Sam Reinhart – Anthony Duclair

Jason Dickinson – Curtis Lazar – Brayden Point

Brendan Perlini – Sam Bennett – Jayce Hawryluk

Tyler Bertuzzi – Frederick Gauthier – Greg Chase

Josh Morrissey – Aaron Ekblad

Darnell Nurse – Roland McKeown

Samuel Morin – Haydn Fleury

Zach Fucale

Tristan Jarry

Group 2 (Wednesday)

Max Domi – Nic Petan – Nick Baptiste

Michael Dal Colle – Bo Horvat – Zach Nastasiuk

Morgan Klimchuk – Connor McDavid – Jeremy Gregoire

Nick Paul – Robby Fabbri

Chris Bigras – Madison Bowey

Shea Theodore – Dillon Heatherington

Travis Sanheim – Ben Harpur

Philippe Desrosiers

Eric Comrie

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 08-05-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old
08-05-2014, 08:00 PM
gudzilla

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/sh...ferrer=1253933

link to the game, ekblad looks good, hawryluk on the pk

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#FreeKuli

Hawk is just a ball of energy out there. Fun to watch. Ekblad just got an assist too kid looks completely poised.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 09:26 PM
FlaPanthers11

@GMillerTSN: Florida first overall pick Aaron Ekblad takes a hard hit in the middle of the ice and looks wobbly as he skates off, going to the room.

@GMillerTSN: 6-2 final, Ekblad did not return.

@TSNRyanRishaug: Aaron Ekblad just got hammered big time at the blue line. Was woozy skating off.

EDIT: Made a thread for the injury.

Last edited by FlaPanthers11: 08-05-2014 at 09:34 PM.
FlaPanthers11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 09:38 PM
JdRoar

Jon Avigne (@JonAvigne)
“Aaron Ekblad will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Another Fla prospect, Ian McCoshen, was injured at the US camp in Lake Placid today.” KMS RN

Man we can't catch a break. Hope he's alright. Been a lot of talk about a potential leg injury or a concussion.

JdRoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 04:33 AM
kelsier

Wonder how long it takes for the team to start regretting passing up on Barbashev. He seems to be a truly good all-around player already and apparently the best Russian in the u20 team playing against Canada. This is what I heard anyway (didn't actually watch any games). Jayce Hawryluk just came out of the blue. If Tallon knows something about him that the rest do not, whynot be kind and share.

kelsier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 07:51 AM
ShootIt

Speaking with some uncertanity, but I thought the knock on Ivan was that he is more of a center than a winger. At least that's what I've read when it came to round 2.

He was high on my list too, but, so far I'm not disappointed with Hawryluk and his style of game. Could be Brad Marchand, but with out the off ice antics if he develops fully.

I think they went with JH due to him being a RW, has a scoring touch, non stop motor, and can develop a 2 way game.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:36 AM
gudzilla

yeah, seems like JH is going to be a middle 6 player if he develops properly, an ideal energy player playing on the other wing of howden (if he plays on the opposite wing when he plays wing)

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 10:03 AM
kelsier

Ideally you go for BPA especially when there is a significant cap between a need and what you can get. Even if a prospect wouldn't fit into the puzzle he would still serve as a valuable trading chip for the future. Also, unless they think Hawryluk is going to be NHL ready in less than a two or three years I don't see the point in this. In that time span the RW problem should be looking better already and if not then that just equals to more reasons of consern. Dale is a pretty good GM but sometimes you get a feeling his not 100% up to task with his draft picks. No complaint about his 2013 and 2014 1st round guys though.

Old
08-08-2014, 10:17 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#FreeKuli

Aside from the bad luck with McCoshen/ Ekblad, Downing is looking great for team USA.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Chino Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsier View Post
Ideally you go for BPA especially when there is a significant cap between a need and what you can get. Even if a prospect wouldn't fit into the puzzle he would still serve as a valuable trading chip for the future. Also, unless they think Hawryluk is going to be NHL ready in less than a two or three years I don't see the point in this. In that time span the RW problem should be looking better already and if not then that just equals to more reasons of consern. Dale is a pretty good GM but sometimes you get a feeling his not 100% up to task with his draft picks. No complaint about his 2013 and 2014 1st round guys though.
Just because the GM doesn't pick the player you wanted doesn't mean it is a bad pick. While I was also hoping for Barbashev, it is interesting that someone that was thought of as a mid-first round pick slipped somewhat to the second round. From what people that attended development camp have seen, Jayce is quite a good player himself, so I will defer judgement on the pick for later. Too early to tell now.

And from what is worth, you can't really complain about what Tallon has done with his drafts in his Panther's tenure. He has restocked the system with a number of good prospects. Of course he has had some dubious picks, but he has done better than the average GM in the draft IMO.

Chino Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 11:33 AM
BigNickBjugstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino Oscar View Post
Just because the GM doesn't pick the player you wanted doesn't mean it is a bad pick. While I was also hoping for Barbashev, it is interesting that someone that was thought of as a mid-first round pick slipped somewhat to the second round. From what people that attended development camp have seen, Jayce is quite a good player himself, so I will defer judgement on the pick for later. Too early to tell now.

And from what is worth, you can't really complain about what Tallon has done with his drafts in his Panther's tenure. He has restocked the system with a number of good prospects. Of course he has had some dubious picks, but he has done better than the average GM in the draft IMO.
Overall, Tallons record in the draft since he has been with the organization has been very good. We are bursting at the seams with the amount of good young prospects.

BigNickBjugstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
kelsier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino Oscar View Post

There's absolutely nothing wrong about healthy critisism. No one here is crusifying Dale, me the least. But yeah, he's had some good picks and bad picks. Won't bother making a list here of the dubious ones, but there are more than a few. Had he not been able to build up throughout the drafts it'd be a disgrase since Florida's been there in the high end with the picks due to poor finishing most of the times during the recent years.

That said, I'm all for giving a benefit of a doubt to the newcomer and hoping for the best.

Old
08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Don't know if it was posted or not but it's been confirmed that Juho Lammikko will be going to OHL. I really like this move

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Anton Khudobin discusses Yaroslav Kosov. He knows him well from his years spent with Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
http://thehockeywriters.com/intervie...nton-khudobin/

08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
AaronEkbald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Anton Khudobin discusses Yaroslav Kosov. He knows him well from his years spent with Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
http://thehockeywriters.com/intervie...nton-khudobin/
Hopefully Kosov can hit the net more often then not. We could use more sharpshooters.

Old
08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Catsfan7

Here was his quote:

Quote:
Discussing Panthers’ Yaroslav Kosov

- Nikolai Kulemin told us that you watched the*Gagarin Cup*final game with him in Novogorsk. What do you think about Yaroslav Kosov, who’s trying to get on the NHL?-

Well, why not? He’s a good player. If he wants to try to get a spot in the NHL he should try. Florida is great, the first city where he’s gonna go is Miami. I can only wish him good luck.-

Does he have the makings to play in the NHL?

- Why not? The only thing is that he shouldn’t go there and think “I played in the KHL for the senior team therefore if I go to Florida they’ll give me an NHL spot right after.” It won’t go that way. You need to go there and try to show your best hockey and don’t think that you’re a full developed player. It’s two different leagues, two different mentalities. This is why you have to show your best hockey, and then the decision is up to the coaches and general manager.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
Here was his quote:
That was a good point he made in that second to last sentence. All European players should take that

advise when they transition over. Hopefully Barkov takes that advise as well.