HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim, Florida, and Edmonton interested in Jake Gardiner (TOR)

Old
02-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Stripper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I think you managed to pick ALL 4 of the untradeable pieces of the Oilers there.

Now:

Hall>JVR
RNH>Kadri
Gardiner>Nurse and
Top 3 pick > Bernier.

Future?

Hall>JVR
RNH>Kadri
Nurse>Gardiner
And who knows for pick vs Bernier

We lose, in some cases badly, in every single aspect of this trade.
Please explain why the Oilers do this? Has MacT recently been on a meth binge?
Because MacT wants to rebuild the team from scratch! AND make sure the Leafs become one of the best teams in the league!

[MOD]

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-21-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: not needed
Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
that's the only type of deal I would consider moving Gardiner for.

With Kulikov I don't really know why Gardiner is wanted in Florida especially at the expense of Bjugstad.
Exactly. I don't think it's Florida.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:39 AM
bigbabybuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofG View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ematch/1/58104

"On Jake Gardiner...

I am not one of the reporters he believes the Leafs are actively shopping Jake Gardiner in any way. But I do know for a fact teams have talked to Toronto about Jake. Anaheim, Edmonton and Florida are the three I have heard most prominently."

These teams are talking...but what are they offering?

If Eklund says he's "not one" could that make it a legit rumour then?

What would EDM, FLA, and ANA offer for Jake?

Also,

Hard to imagine ANA would trade for him. Didn't they trade him?

MOD NOTE: Discuss the rumor. Don't turn this into an "LOL Eklund" discussion.
I do think there is a strong possibility Gardiner get's moved before the deadline. He is Reilly light and Reilly ain't going anywhere. To one of those 3 teams I don't think so. The only players I would want for Gardiner from Edm, Gardiner would not come close to obtaining by himself. Eberle is imo the most likely to be moved but I don't no what would be needed to add to get him. I would have said Reimer+Gardiner+plus prospect 3 months ago but we missed the boat in trading Reimer and his value is very little now. He has been exposed as a B level starter or a pretty good back up which hold little value. Ana don't see any reason they would want him. He is not as good as Fowler or Lindholm. He probably has more value than Vatanen but that makes no sense for either team. Florida I would obviously take either one of the Killer B's for him but Florida is not moving them in a million years for anything less than an absurd over payment. For the record I would do JVR+Gardiner for Barkov but I think they laugh. Detroit would have made sense to me but there in the same conference now so I doubt it. Gardiners value is a lot less than most Leaf fans would care to admit so maybe he doesn't get moved because he doe's still have loads of potential so now probably isn't the right time to trade him

bigbabybuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Mr Positive

vCash: 1048
there were previous rumours around Toronto wanting Gagner. I have to think this must be related.

If this rumour is just made up, it would make sense because Edmonton is a logic landing spot for Gardiner considering the Schultz connection. Gardiner also makes sense since we don't have a LHD who can handle big minutes, and surprisingly Gardiner puts up a lot of minutes. Anyone with a half a brain could pick Edmonton as plausible.

It would definitely be Gagner+, and maybe even a little salary retention (maybe 800k to make it an even 4.0?)

Mr Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:48 AM
bigbabybuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I think you managed to pick ALL 4 of the untradeable pieces of the Oilers there.

Now:

Hall>JVR
RNH>Kadri
Gardiner>Nurse and
Top 3 pick > Bernier.

Future?

Hall>JVR
RNH>Kadri
Nurse>Gardiner
And who knows for pick vs Bernier

We lose, in some cases badly, in every single aspect of this trade.
Please explain why the Oilers do this? Has MacT recently been on a meth binge?
Your absolutely right in this post. I would just like to state that RNH and Kadri's value is not miles apart well I concede Hopkins obviously has more value at this point. Bernier and the 3rd overall in this years draft is not miles apart either and in all honesty I probably wouldn't make that deal from a Leafs standpoint straight up. Bernier is having a close to Vezina consideration type of season and I have always contested he has the ability to be an elite goalie and he is on his way to proving that now. If it was a top 2 pick I would do it but I see a big drop of ater 2 in this draft and it is not worth trading our starting goalie of the next ten years for a player like Dal Colle. Esp when the alternative is Reimer been there done that and don't need it no more.

JVR and Gardiner are not even in the same realm as Nurse and Hall. Hall is going nowhere ever either is Nurse. Unless Mctavish is chillin with Rob Ford

Last edited by bigbabybuda: 02-21-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old
02-21-2014, 12:52 AM
bigbabybuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
there were previous rumours around Toronto wanting Gagner. I have to think this must be related.

If this rumour is just made up, it would make sense because Edmonton is a logic landing spot for Gardiner considering the Schultz connection. Gardiner also makes sense since we don't have a LHD who can handle big minutes, and surprisingly Gardiner puts up a lot of minutes. Anyone with a half a brain could pick Edmonton as plausible.

It would definitely be Gagner+, and maybe even a little salary retention (maybe 800k to make it an even 4.0?)
Gagner makes no sense in Toronto what so ever. I think they were fictitious rumors. Kadri is the better player in every way and I like Gagner. It would be a big mistake for Nonis to make a deal for Gagner. He just doesn't fit here

Old
02-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Gagner + Petry + 2015 2nd

for

Gardiner + Kadri

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

If we didn't draft Rielly, Gardiner would be borderline untouchable for the leafs. Nonis is willing to trade him, but he isn't actively shopping him.

I'm happy with Gardiner, i think he can really be a solid player for us going forward.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:00 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Like score almost a point a game in a 7 game playoff against Boston or make the All-Rookie team? All those big games Bjugstad and the Panthers have played this year...
Why are Leaf fans still bring up Gardiners playoffs, he had a stretch of 3 good games a year ago

Gardiner looked good offensively but was completely at fault for alot of Bostons goals, namely this one (4:20 in) and the game 7 meltdown. In no mans land, horrible, horrible play

Gardiner is promising, but not all hes made up to be, he plays the 5th easiest minutes on the Leafs (RelQoC) and puts up disappointing offensive numbers

Last edited by topchowda: 02-21-2014 at 01:12 AM.
topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post

for

Gardiner + Kadri

Not sure if serious.

Toronto gets worse in both positions. The only gain is the mediocre 2nd round pick.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:15 AM
bigbabybuda

Quote:

for

Gardiner + Kadri

I know your not serious. good one though!

Petry I think could be a good fit here but not at the expense of Gardiner or Kadri

Old
02-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
I know your not serious. good one though!

Petry I think could be a good fit here but not at the expense of Gardiner or Kadri
I like Gardiner but the Oilers have an abundance of LHD.

Marincin, Nurse, Klefbom, Ference, N.Schultz, Belov, Musil.

Petry and Schultz are the only NHL caliber D that are RH.

Doesn't make sense for either team.

Winnipeg on the other hand...

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 02:48 AM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
holy crap batman is Gardiner overrated by some. Some of the comments would make it look like he is a shoe in for the Norris or something
Of course we want a player who is young and will be an impact player because that is what Gardiner will be. It would look pretty dumb in 3 yrs to have traded Gardiner who should be in the 30-posible high 40's point range all the while using his speed to help defensively for a player who isn't adding as much to the Leafs.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
I think Bjustad for Gardiner makes a lot of sense, especially with the center heavy top-5 in the draft.
Just stop. Bjugstad won't be traded. Especially not for Jake Gardiner

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 04:32 AM
jacks

Yak for Gardiner sounds just about right .

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 05:55 AM
crazyaces**

Quote:

for

Gardiner + Kadri

Clarkson + Gunnarrson + 1st

for

Nurse + Eberle

crazyaces** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 06:46 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
holy crap batman is Gardiner overrated by some. Some of the comments would make it look like he is a shoe in for the Norris or something
I haven't read any comments of that nature. Tone down the drama.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 06:48 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
It's Eklund but I think Gardiner for Gagner would be a good deal for both clubs.
Gagner wouldn't bump anyone out of our top 6. He literally has no spot on the Leafs.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 06:58 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
Gagner wouldn't bump anyone out of our top 6. He literally has no spot on the Leafs.
Yep. Gagner makes no sense.

I'd also be surprised to see Anaheim trade for Gardiner after trading him away only a few years ago.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Pochi1949

I never know when you guys joke or not, do you think the Panthers are going to just give up on Nick, just like that, a guy with such skills, so young, and so big... come on, do you really know a bit about hockey?

Pochi1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 07:41 AM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
Your absolutely right in this post. I would just like to state that RNH and Kadri's value is not miles apart well I concede Hopkins obviously has more value at this point. Bernier and the 3rd overall in this years draft is not miles apart either and in all honesty I probably wouldn't make that deal from a Leafs standpoint straight up. Bernier is having a close to Vezina consideration type of season and I have always contested he has the ability to be an elite goalie and he is on his way to proving that now. If it was a top 2 pick I would do it but I see a big drop of ater 2 in this draft and it is not worth trading our starting goalie of the next ten years for a player like Dal Colle. Esp when the alternative is Reimer been there done that and don't need it no more.

JVR and Gardiner are not even in the same realm as Nurse and Hall. Hall is going nowhere ever either is Nurse. Unless Mctavish is chillin with Rob Ford
not 100% on this, but i thought the '14 draft was 3-deep? reinhard/bennett/ekblad are the top no?

bestmyfeeling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 07:46 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Leafs fans are out of their minds if they think they're getting Bjugstad. We wouldn't give him up for Luongo. We have a few bright spots on defense in our prospects pool. Bjugstad for Gardiner makes no sense on the Panthers' side.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
Can't really have a serious discussion about Gardiner on HF but the way the fanbase/organization value him is analogous to a guy like Bjugstad, Couts.

I don't believe the rumour to begin with but I highly doubt Nonis trades Gardiner unless it's for an equivalent young prospect and/or something bigger; which none of these teams can realistically offer.
You can't have a discussion about any Leaf player. There are too many gaps in value when it's Leaf fans against everyone else. Most will say the boring unoriginal crap like: "He's not worth "insert name" player..My my fellow Leaf fans will go to one extreme and the rest go to the other. Gardiner can't be judged on value on here. Some with say he's worth Bjugstad or someone else, and others will go completely the other way and say he's not worth more than a 3rd round pick. I stopped contributing a lot when it comes to Leaf rumours, it's not worth the headache.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 07:48 AM
WTFMAN99

Not looking to simply give away Gardiner, but I also realize he's not going get us what we need to fill in some holes we have all his own, not against adding to him either for the right fit, but any deal for Gardiner has to make sense...

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 08:00 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Ok fans. I understand that you don't value Gardiner very high. That's ok, but to say that JVR is the add on that might even a trade is beyond ridiculous. FLA, EDM, and even ANA would love to have a player like JVR.

Trades can include a second team people! FLA might really want a guy on NSH, but in order to make it happen it might take someone else's PMD to make it happen.

Also just because it's not so apparent when looking at a roster doesn't mean they don't have plans to move other players. Maybe Shultz isn't the right guy for the oil and they feel like Gardiner is.

Some crazy talk here.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote