HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim, Florida, and Edmonton interested in Jake Gardiner (TOR)

Old
02-21-2014, 11:40 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Agreed
Why wasn't Taylor Hall on Team Canada this year?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:40 AM
SportsRacer21

Bolland+Gardiner
for
Goc/Matthias/Shore+Kulikov+ 2nd & 4th round picks

SportsRacer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Ret
Allegedly Boychuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I don't get this constant Gardiner for Bjugstad proposal getting thrown around.

1. Some Leaf fans believe he wouldn't impact the that much this year/short term future. Which may be true. Or enough to offset the loss of Gardiner on the back end.

2. Panther fans are against trading Bjugstad. Especially for a top 4 defenseman.

No matter how many times it's posted, those opinions are not going to change.

We'll stick with Bjugstad, thanks though.
And we're content with Gardiner.

Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:49 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofG View Post
he should have been ahead of Kunitz, and Nash, and Carter (even though he scored a few) and Giroux should have been there too ...which is why i'm voting for USA today, so Canada can finally send the best players they have that are actually performing well rather than... well, whatever

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Ret
Allegedly Boychuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer21 View Post
Bolland+Gardiner
for
Florida laughs and hangs up the phone.

Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:51 AM
supert

Quote:
Have you really seen a lot of Bjugstad? Why wasn't this powerhouse/franchise player drafted 1st overall?
Terrible thing to say . Where was Shea Weber drafted , i guess he worthless drafted 49th overall what a bum . Players develop different . Where a player was drafted is a non factor after they have finish developing . Draft ranking is base on what scouts think a player will become . None of them have a crystal ball , so it best guess base on the information available .

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:51 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer21 View Post
Bolland+Gardiner
for
silly for Florida ...Kulikov and Gardiner are basically a wash, though, i'd rather just stick with Gardiner.
now the rest is too much for Bolland.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:58 AM
supert

Quote:
Good question isn't it . He played well enough to be on it . The brain trust of team Canada seems like they are trying to keep team players together . How has Crosby done so far ? It is a short time to have a team together that gels .
So i can see why Team Canada are trying to keep team players together .

Old
02-21-2014, 12:02 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
what?? ...he made the proper play ...o'sucky lost the puck and caused the goal ...everyone else was moving forward for the breakout that should have begun.
Whos man scored the goal. He was roaming in no mans land providing no support for his D partner. He dropped the puck and started roaming around.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:07 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Good question isn't it . He played well enough to be on it . The brain trust of team Canada seems like they are trying to keep team players together . How has Crosby done so far ? It is a short time to have a team together that gels .
So i can see why Team Canada are trying to keep team players together .
I think part of it to is that he's young and there were questions about his defensive game (although that has improved greatly). On the other hand Martin St Louis didn't make the team until Stamkos was injured so great players were always going to be left off the roster.

Giroux, Couture, the Staals, it's a pretty tough roster to crack.

I think if Hall continues at his current trajectory it'd be a surprise to not see him make team Canada for the next Olympics (if they go).

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
if a defenseman is traded, i think it would be franson. i think he will be a nightmare to get signed and if he does will be expensive. he also is destined to be on the bottom pairing for the leafs.
That may be the case... (it will probably be one of them because of Rielly & Gleason's respective contracts and ideal 3rd pairing roles next year), but realistically , any move waits until the offseason. If it is Franson, the Leafs are going to have to find a way to replace his powerplay productivity, and that's an extremely difficult adjustment to make with 20 games left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
I love Gardiner and think he still might turn out to be very good. I would love to see him in Edmonton if the price was right, but let's be realistic here.

Gardiner for Gagner is much closer value wise than Gardiner for Yakupov.

I could definitely understand Leafs fans saying no to Gagner based on team needs though.
Trades aren't made based on value though... they're made entirely on team needs. The Leafs have absolutely zero need, want, or desire to have Gagner on the roster. If they're going to trade Gardiner for a forward in the summer, one of the top criteria will be a small contract, because realistically, Gardiner's deal is unlikely to be all that substantial, whereas the defenceman they get to replace him will likely be pretty expensive.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:09 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Terrible thing to say . Where was Shea Weber drafted , i guess he worthless drafted 49th overall what a bum . Players develop different . Where a player was drafted is a non factor after they have finish developing . Draft ranking is base on what scouts think a player will become . None of them have a crystal ball , so it best guess base on the information available .
No it's not. What's worse is mentioning Bjugstad in the same manner as Weber.

Last edited by ForSpareParts*: 02-21-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old
02-21-2014, 12:13 PM
colchar

Considering the source this can't even be considered a rumour.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:27 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
We're not proclaiming him as being untouchable and the 2nd coming of ________.
Nobody is proclaiming him to be the 2nd coming of anything. He is just too valuable of a player to include in a deal, at least for someone like Gardiner. Instead of questioning others, why dont you watch him play before thinking about posting something.

Quote:
Tough time comprehending things huh?

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:39 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jake Gardiner
Frederick Gauthier
1st 2014

OR

Jake Gardiner
Nazem Kadri

For

Aleksander Barkov

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

[QUOTE=pb1300;80244211]Nobody is proclaiming him to be the 2nd coming of anything. He is just too valuable of a player to include in a deal, at least for someone like Gardiner. Instead of questioning others, why dont you watch him play before thinking about posting something.
/QUOTE]

I just did. I'm looking at Bjugstad's stats and YouTube videos and they just don't compare to Gardiner's stats and YouTube videos. It would be really hard for your average Hf boarder to make a highlight reel video with a nu metal soundtrack for Bjugstad. So much easier to make a Jake Gardiner one based on his end to end rushes and playoff experience. Hey where's Bjugstad's playoff stats?!

Old
02-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Ed Belfour

Wasn't disappointed. From reading this thread, Gardiner is a middling/average bottom 6 loser with little to no value, and a guy like Bjugstad is the greatest power forward to ever grace this planet and losing him would mean certain death to Florida's amazing playoff chances. The majority of (logical) comments have been something along the lines of "Gardiner and Bjugstad as a starting point" and are treated with hilarious responses about how their value isn't even close. Good times.

I don't see a good trade to made here anyway. Anaheim was already mentioned why, don't really need him enough to give up anything of value. Florida doesn't really need another puck mover, etc. If there is a Gardiner trade, I think it would be with a team out of left field that no one expected, probably for a bit less value than Leaf fans wanted.

Ed Belfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:58 PM
FrolikFan67

yea please stop asking for bjugstad. barkov, bjugstad, huberdeau and gudbranson aren't being moved. if you wanna make offers for other players/prospects we have then go ahead but those 4 aren't going anywhere, at least when talking about gardiner.
besides, we still have campbell, kulikov, as well as matheson and mccoshen in the ncaa. we hardly need someone like gardiner. though it'd be nice to have him, we don't have a pressing need for someone like him so i doubt we'd offer that much.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 12:58 PM
supert

Quote:
No one mention them as the same . judging a player by where he was drafted is pain dumb . Lots of players drafted in late rounds end up as better players then players drafted in the 1 st rd . Work on reading because no where did i say these 2 players were the same . You said if he so good why was he not drafted 1st over all . Simple . Not all players can be drafted 1st . If you are saying he was not drafted 1st look at all the players that weren't drafted 1st that are very good players to great player/elite

Old
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Nobody is proclaiming him to be the 2nd coming of anything. He is just too valuable of a player to include in a deal, at least for someone like Gardiner. Instead of questioning others, why dont you watch him play before thinking about posting something.
/QUOTE]

I just did. I'm looking at Bjugstad's stats and YouTube videos and they just don't compare to Gardiner's stats and YouTube videos. It would be really hard for your average Hf boarder to make a highlight reel video with a nu metal soundtrack for Bjugstad. So much easier to make a Jake Gardiner one based on his end to end rushes and playoff experience. Hey where's Bjugstad's playoff stats?!

What is funny is that you are actually laughing at your own post And rightfully so. When you have to watch youtube videos, and look at the stats on ESPN.Com, to judge a player, you really shouldnt even be in this thread, let alone try to debate it. Pointless talking to you anyways, cause I see how you have a tough time comprehending things.

Old
02-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Are you intentionally that dense? The Weber analagy has absolutely NOTHING to do with any sort of Bjustad-Weber comparison, but rather it shows that where a player is drafted has absolutely NO bearing on the final product as an NHL player. All draft ranking does is establish a rough guestimate of the NHL teams evaluation of a players potential at 18 years old.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Belfour View Post
Wasn't disappointed. From reading this thread, Gardiner is a middling/average bottom 6 loser with little to no value, and a guy like Bjugstad is the greatest power forward to ever grace this planet and losing him would mean certain death to Florida's amazing playoff chances. The majority of (logical) comments have been something along the lines of "Gardiner and Bjugstad as a starting point" and are treated with hilarious responses about how their value isn't even close. Good times.

I don't see a good trade to made here anyway. Anaheim was already mentioned why, don't really need him enough to give up anything of value. Florida doesn't really need another puck mover, etc. If there is a Gardiner trade, I think it would be with a team out of left field that no one expected, probably for a bit less value than Leaf fans wanted.
The issue is that Bjustad is seen by FLA posters as part of the core, and from the limited times I've seen him play it's EASY to see why that is the case. I think the real issue is that Gardiner's name gets thrown around A LOT on the trade board, which has the affect of lowering his perceived value here because people get the impression that TOR posters want him gone.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:35 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Not looking to simply give away Gardiner, but I also realize he's not going get us what we need to fill in some holes we have all his own, not against adding to him either for the right fit, but any deal for Gardiner has to make sense...
That what other teams want. They think they are getting Gardiner for their table scraps.

Not happening.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 01:54 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
The issue is that Bjustad is seen by FLA posters as part of the core, and from the limited times I've seen him play it's EASY to see why that is the case. I think the real issue is that Gardiner's name gets thrown around A LOT on the trade board, which has the affect of lowering his perceived value here because people get the impression that TOR posters want him gone.
It isnt just the Florida posters, its a good majority of the posters, who arent Leafs fans. Most would not trade Bjugstad for Gardiner.

Old
02-21-2014, 02:04 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Bjugstad is a franchise player.