HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal and Washington Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 06:59 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Montreal and Washington Trade Proposal

Would these trades make sense. If not what would be better.

Montreal Gets: Witt

Washington gets: Rivet + Hainsay or Hossa or Plekanec

The reasoning behind this is because Witt wants out of Washington and Montreal still need IMO a solid top 4 D. Washington would be the only teams that Rivet can be traded to for 2 reasons.
1-Because they need some vets for the young guys. Rivet has done very well with mentoring Markov and Komisarek
2-Because they need to put on some salary to get to the cap.

SO what do you think. WOuld both teams accept this?

Old
08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
Would these trades make sense. If not what would be better.

The reasoning behind this is because Witt wants out of Washington and Montreal still need IMO a solid top 4 D. Washington would be the only teams that Rivet can be traded to for 2 reasons.
1-Because they need some vets for the young guys. Rivet has done very well with mentoring Markov and Komisarek

SO what do you think. WOuld both teams accept this?
2 for 1 trade deals killed this teams depth for many years, Witt would be a nice addition, but I would give nothing more than Rivet and a third round pick.

Let's see what the kids can do before we trade them away. Think about it, we took the time to scout them, develop them, coach them and now we to trade them before we if know their true potential.

Let the kids play!

Old
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan
2 for 1 trade deals killed this teams depth for many years, Witt would be a nice addition, but I would give nothing more than Rivet and a third round pick.

Let's see what the kids can do before we trade them away. Think about it, we took the time to scout them, develop them, coach them and now we to trade them before we if know their true potential.

Let the kids play!
Hossa and Hainsay have had numerous chances to see what they can do. They deserve a little change. I have a lot of faith in them but sometimes u have to give to receive

Old
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
fred2792

Give that much for a guy who will be UFA next year, I don't think so. Maybe Rivet with a late pick, but not more.

Old
08-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Rivet is terrible, and i think the caps would rather take just a pick than both of them.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
Rivet is terrible, and i think the caps would rather take just a pick than both of them.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-greed

Old
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12

Old
08-10-2005, 10:36 PM
BringGilmourBack

I'm sorry, but correct me if I'm wrong...didn't he say he wanted to be traded to a contender?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Just joking guys...you know someone had to post that.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Rivet is not horrible, he's just terribly overpaid.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
I'm sorry, but correct me if I'm wrong...didn't he say he wanted to be traded to a contender?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Old
08-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Rand

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Joking or not, it's rather out of place. We put up with it enough on the Leafs board and most people are justifiably sick of it, not reason to throw such sarcastic remarks at Habs fans.

On the topic of Witt, IMHO it's not worth giving up much unless your absolutely certain the Habs are going to be cup contenders. Something that IMO doesn't appear guaranteed by a long shot.
Witt's made it pretty clear he wants to go to a contender, and he has no particular ties to Montreal.
He'll be an UFA next year and on the open market, with little incentives to convince him to stay. Odds are he'll bolt to the contender that's willing to pay him the most.

The Habs aren't really in a position to make 1yr rental player a particularly wise proposition.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

If the Caps want anything back in return, it's going to be prospects, or pretty much NHL ready players.

Maybe players about to enter their prime (i.e. 24-25) who might be around once the prospects the Caps already have are ready to give a go for the playoffs.

While leadership and adding a vet or two might be important, if the Caps are subtracting from the roster, it's only going to be to add some prospects/picks in return.

Thus, if I was GMGM, I'd be looking to move Witt for a player or two with just a year or two of NHL experience or even ready to make the jump to the NHL from the AHL.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:08 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Beech

kris beech?

Old
08-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail77
atleast he got a kick out of his own words, it would probably be a first...

Old
08-11-2005, 04:10 AM
fred2792

Quote:
When you play in Washington these days, all the 29 other teams look like contender. Witt don't realy care where he will play, but the team that get him know that if they aren't competitif, he'll not sign with them next year and they will lost him for nothing. Caps will take the better offer. That's it! So, do you thing they will get big offer? Maybe some team who need to clear salary...

Old
08-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan

Let the kids play!

depth?

Habs have 8 defenseman on the team now...
Habs have over 15 forwards on the team now...

so we have depth I think and some people will have to get traded to make space on the cap and on the roster...

Old
08-11-2005, 08:37 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Joking or not, it's rather out of place. We put up with it enough on the Leafs board and most people are justifiably sick of it, not reason to throw such sarcastic remarks at Habs fans.

On the topic of Witt, IMHO it's not worth giving up much unless your absolutely certain the Habs are going to be cup contenders. Something that IMO doesn't appear guaranteed by a long shot.
Witt's made it pretty clear he wants to go to a contender, and he has no particular ties to Montreal.
He'll be an UFA next year and on the open market, with little incentives to convince him to stay. Odds are he'll bolt to the contender that's willing to pay him the most.

The Habs aren't really in a position to make 1yr rental player a particularly wise proposition.
C'mon, give me a freakin break. Like you said we get it all the time on our board....Lighten up!

Old
08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
TSV

Send a message via MSN to TSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob

good reflexion on that one, he can't be bad for both team...
but I'll put PLEKANEC in the deal (small european like many of the young habs, perezoghin, koststytin...and cannot be a top 2 lines guy)
so : RIVET/PLEKANEC for WITT... do it bob !
i'ts to soon to trade hossa and hainsey, why ??
-hossa still a big young winger (we don't have any...) and could become a solid 2nd-3rd line winger... (bulis/bonk/hossa ??? )
-hainsey, still young and still have the talent, just need the attitude and respect... maybe someday he'll understand

Closed Thread