Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New, New Jets vs. Old Jets - 7pm CST MTSC Winnipeg, MB

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2014, 07:46 PM
impastabowl

vCash: 50
Am I wrong, or are we above the roster limit? 24 man roster if Kane, Slater and Halischuk are off IR. So who gets waived tomorrow? Tangradi? Wright? Abuse-o?

Old
02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
theamazingchris
#ScrapChevy

vCash: 500
I assume O'Dell?

Old
02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by impastabowl View Post
Am I wrong, or are we above the roster limit? 24 man roster if Kane, Slater and Halischuk are off IR. So who gets waived tomorrow? Tangradi? Wright? Abuse-o?
I think Kane will be the only one coming off IR before the Phoenix game.

Old
02-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
I assume O'Dell?
O'Dell is already down in St. John's.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:04 PM
James Falk

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingchris View Post
I assume O'Dell?
O'Dell & Redmond are both in St. John's, although both remain listed on the Jets website which also still lists 4 players on the IR. (Jets website maintenance is routinely horrible)

All season the Jets haven't been forced to make any waiver decisions, being riddled with injuries.

With the roster freeze over for days & Slater, Halischuk & Kane all healthy, shouldn't we have sent someone down already?

Old
02-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Falk View Post
O'Dell & Redmond are both in St. John's, although both remain listed on the Jets website which also still lists 4 players on the IR. (Jets website maintenance is routinely horrible)

All season the Jets haven't been forced to make any waiver decisions, being riddled with injuries.

With the roster freeze over for days & Slater, Halischuk & Kane all healthy, shouldn't we have sent someone down already?
They are still all on IR. Something will have to give soon. It's possible Hali could do a conditioning stint on the rock or even a trade or two could make it unnecessary.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Gil Fisher

We're over the roster limit when the injured are activated. The sense from PoMo's presser today was that they wouldn't activate everyone. Rosters expand in a week.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Kyosama

vCash: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
They are still all on IR. Something will have to give soon. It's possible Hali could do a conditioning stint on the rock or even a trade or two could make it unnecessary.
From what I understand, players still count towards the roster limit while on conditioning stints.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
@WiebeSunSports: Evander Kane will be back in for #NHLJets on Thursday but Maurice said he was a bit hesitant to make many more changes vs #Coyotes
If Slater can go, Maurice would be wise to play him. Coming off the O break there will be plenty of rusty bodies out there, so why not start him on an even playing field. Wouldn't mind seeing Hallischuk go in too.

Old
02-26-2014, 05:34 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff
Thorburn Slater Halischuk

is what I'd really like to see. Doubt that will happen, too much changes.

Old
02-26-2014, 05:43 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

Agree, but based on Maurice's comments, I'm expecting:

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

Insert Kane, shuffle Thorbs to the 4th.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:13 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
We're over the roster limit when the injured are activated. The sense from PoMo's presser today was that they wouldn't activate everyone. Rosters expand in a week.
I think there is your answer. Likely Kane is the only one getting activated off the IR this week. The others will get activated next week when the roster expands. Consequently the Jets will go with their pre-Olympic lineup, with the exception of Kane sliding onto the 2nd line. Slater and Hali are coming off long term injuries and are not real difference makers so why rush them in to force someone onto waivers.

Old
02-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosama View Post
From what I understand, players still count towards the roster limit while on conditioning stints.
It didn't seem to when Postma went down.

Old
02-26-2014, 07:44 AM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
So excited to watch NHL hockey again.... GO JETS GO!!

Old
02-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

That group did pretty well without Kane in the lineup. I would think that having Kane back with S/W instead of Thorbs should be a huge boost to that second (first?) line. Sort of like the line being better than the sum of its parts.

I can see why PMo wants to get guys back in slowly and methodically.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

Agree with both of you guys. I'd like to see GJF's roster eventually, but with Maurice's comments, I can easily see YYG's roster.

Interesting though, in Maurice's comments he flat out says that while the players have all been medically cleared to play, HE needs to clear them as well. He wants to see how they look in practice, etc. As if, I don't know, there actually might be a process to how a player gets back on the ice after being injured?

Which is precisely what Noel indicated, before some people wanted to crucify him for not sticking Kane right back into the lineup even though he hadn't even practiced.

I know Halischuk and Slater are no Kane, but at least those guys have practiced. If either or both of them are out of the lineup, will the same vitrol be directed towards Maurice?

Old
02-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Agree with both of you guys. I'd like to see GJF's roster eventually, but with Maurice's comments, I can easily see YYG's roster.

Interesting though, in Maurice's comments he flat out says that while the players have all been medically cleared to play, HE needs to clear them as well. He wants to see how they look in practice, etc. As if, I don't know, there actually might be a process to how a player gets back on the ice after being injured?

Which is precisely what Noel indicated, before some people wanted to crucify him for not sticking Kane right back into the lineup even though he hadn't even practiced.

I know Halischuk and Slater are no Kane, but at least those guys have practiced. If either or both of them are out of the lineup, will the same vitrol be directed towards Maurice?
I think the biggest difference between the Kane/Noel fiasco and the PMo situation, is the huge difference in communication between everyone.... players, coach, media. With Noel we never had a clue what was going on or why, which always leads to confusion on our side and with the players.

Pmo is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't see the need to be secretive and lays everything on the line in public. Big difference in my eyes.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:00 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Posted in the Ticketexchange thread - have 2 tix in sec 214 attacking blueline for sale on seatexchange for this game.

First time they've last over a few hours without being picked up.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

I'm getting impatient. Want hockey!

Old
02-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Chuck View Post
I think the biggest difference between the Kane/Noel fiasco and the PMo situation, is the huge difference in communication between everyone.... players, coach, media. With Noel we never had a clue what was going on or why, which always leads to confusion on our side and with the players.

Pmo is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't see the need to be secretive and lays everything on the line in public. Big difference in my eyes.
There is that for sure.

But Noel also said "there is a process", but once Kane said he was medically cleared, a lot of people wanted to throw Noel under the bus because Kane wasn't in the lineup.

There is a possibility that Noel didn't communicate this very well with Kane for sure, but I don't personally believe that.

I just think it's interesting that we have a situation where 3 guys who are all probably better than guys in our lineup, have been labeled as medically cleared by the coach, but the coach has also said that they are not cleared by him. Which is a contrast to the Noel / Kane situation, because it didn't seem like some people wanted to give Noel any authority as a coach to make the determination on whether or not a player should be in the lineup (Kane included it would seem).

Old
02-26-2014, 10:51 AM
TheDeuce

vCash: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Posted in the Ticketexchange thread - have 2 tix in sec 214 attacking blueline for sale on seatexchange for this game.

First time they've last over a few hours without being picked up.

Funny - my pair in 205 went inside an hour and a half...

m.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:53 AM
jigglysquishy

vCash: 492
Really need this win here. Get the momentum against someone we're in the race against.

TC stressed the balls out of me. Lets get a good spread going.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
troubabooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I think there is your answer. Likely Kane is the only one getting activated off the IR this week. The others will get activated next week when the roster expands. Consequently the Jets will go with their pre-Olympic lineup, with the exception of Kane sliding onto the 2nd line. Slater and Hali are coming off long term injuries and are not real difference makers so why rush them in to force someone onto waivers.
Beg to differ on Slater -- at >60% in the face-off circle that's a difference maker. But I'm also thinking it sounds like he might not be activated for this game. Hopefully top two lines are as good as they have been & we won't need 3 and 4to be at their best. Then again, if Pavs serves up another stinker, they'll need to score 4+ to win.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Aavco Cup

@WiebeSunSports: All #NHLJets accounted for this morning: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler, Setoguchi-Jokinen-Byfuglien, Thorburn-Wright-Peluso

@WiebeSunSports: 5th line is Eric Tangradi-Jim Slater-Matt Halischuk. D pairs: Enstrom-Bogosian, Stuart-Trouba, Pardy-Ellerby. Postma the extra D. #NHLJets

Old
02-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
Quote:
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

I would agree completely with that.......and move Buff around as needed.

Slater is an underrated part of this team, you need clutch FO guys. Plus he just does so many of the little things right.

On D

44 39
5 8
2 7

Closed Thread