1. Team bag-skate..skating at half to quarter speed lethargies game after game is not acceptable.
2. Designate 1 to 2 Slackers of the Game if merited...who would be BENCHED next game for their unprofessional lack of hustle and caring..
Off the loss to Nashville..3 obvious Slackers stood out for such designation...but since my corrective only allows a max of 2 who can be BENCHES next game...well it was tough. .but out of Kane Sharp and Seabrook's lethargy this game I guess Man's play was the least egregious of the 3..so if my corrective teaching call out lesson were to be implemented by Q. ...then off last game Seabrook and Sharp deserve to be BENCHES as an example not to slack again...I am sure Kane will deserve his chance to be BENCHES at some point till he gets the message too. But of course Q does not have the cones to bench any millionaire stars..just grunts maybe..
1. Ship Michal Handzus back to Slovakia.
2. Decide never to have Sheldon Brookbank or any other defensemen as a winger. Ever.
4. Reward the players that give the most effort with more ice time until everyone wakes up.
5. Turn on the switch.
With the trade deadline gone and the cap issues I am not seeing any fix this season. The change has to come within each player on the roster, stepping up their level of play to the point we can win in the playoffs. As I said before, the team this year just doesn't have the feel of a championship team. Hopefully they prove me wrong, will root for them until the bitter end.
Keep Regin in the game, never play Brookbank, teach Bickel how to skate and think again, sit Bollig and play Morin(I know cap doesnt allow but it can if Hossa is put on LTIR), Stop putting all the best players on one line...
Not much to fix. Perhaps get them to start stronger and simplify the game. They've run into a case of bad luck lately and it will turn around eventually. They still spend a lot of time in the o-zone and generating chances.
There was no reason to be exhausted for the game against Nashville..so cut that excuse right away.. What reason was there to open strong for a few minutes then drop intothe lethargy zone till late in the third period? Why did Seabrook skate slower than a turtle? Why did Sharp and Kane not bother to check in their own zone and hustle to hunt the puck? ou blame their lethargy and laziness on Zus? Sure, he should not be a 2C or even on the team anymore..but do not blame him for the short-cuts lots of others including some highly paid "stars" get away with in Qs too lenient country club..I do not think STL and Hitchcock would ever tolerate this. .you got a big problem and a toolevel of cheating on their pays by some heavily paid players. It is really all the same disease whether you call it laziness,lolliggaging, lack of urgency,not caring, lack of want, off mission, lack of compete, no pace,mehness,funk,not all pulling on the oars together,whatever you term ot..but the disease.is taking short-cuts...doing the least work possible..Not the entire team does this every night..some only do it some nights..but when too many do it too often,you have a problem and a too lenient coach who lets them play with such bad habits...and that is the problem..they are too complacent..believing their jobs are safe or that no criticism of them will come because the marketing dept. has too much invested in the star myths they have built up..so they get away with meh play...never being called out by the coach and benched if they cheat on effort or their A game talentvlevels too often.
The players need to be better. Hopefully they turn it around soon as they are going to have a much tougher first round series against Colorado than they did last year when they slept walk past Minnesota.
Regarding exhaustion/energy, Boston is playing their best hockey of the year right now and had the same short off-season. Sure, they had fewer Olympians but that is only a few game difference so I'm not buying it.
Last edited by Ace Rothstein: 03-16-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Put Handzus in a box, ship him off to Slovakia, put a false return address on it.
I understand the displeasure with Zus, but don't make it sound likes he's the only issue.
- As I've been saying for some 20+ games now: re-unite Kane and Toews as a start, and leave them together.
- Keep Oduya's ice time down to under 20 minutes and increase Rozies.
- Play Bickell with Kane and Toews for stints (against physical teams) to prepare for the real hockey in the Spring.
- Give Leddy the green light.
- Give Leddy more PP time in Keith's spot.
- Play 23 in the top 6 or sit him out if he can't handle the top 6 role.
- Promote Morin now, and give him some time to get some chemistry.
- sit out any player that repeatedly does fly-bys, including Kane.
- reward good play with more ice time.