HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
  #301
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He will produce really well for another 3-5 years
In ridiculous shape really.

http://legendsi.com/blog/martin_st._...ines_body_shot
I'm sure he is... but so are Barkov, Stamkos, Kane, Toews, Staal, Couture, MacKinnon, Kreider, Landeskog, Duchene, Tavares, Hertl, RNH, Hall, Seguin, Nichushkin, Tarasenko, etc... that's the future, he's gonna lose that race.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
  #302
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
You're basically saying that there's no better offer, but I don't believe that.
Really? If anything, MSL is too much. I doubt there's a better offer than that, since all we heard prior to any of this was Stewart + something small.

haveandare is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
  #303
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky7 View Post
hey guys...Ruutu has been mentioned and fits the criteria so far, but I thought I read somewhere where he specifically said "not within the division", no?
Not seeing the "offensive upgrade" part of acquiring Ruutu.

jas is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
  #304
Overcast
Registered User
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 1740
I've just been skimming through these threads, but has Nyquist been brought up? Was an Olympian, came home healthy, potential 1st liner, listed as a RW on the Wings' roster. Would Detroit target Callahan for his physicality/leadership with Zetterberg out? Would they really need leadership considering Kronwall was Team SWE's captain and they have Datsyuk?

Overcast is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
  #305
Vidic15*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Its gotta be MSL. If it is him, I'm going to be really interested in the fallout of this going down.

Vidic15* is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
  #306
Ail
Dear Friend Pape
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,401
vCash: 500
Boomer has really made this entertaining regardless of what he is referring to.

__________________
EARTH WAS A MISTAKE
Ail is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:26 PM
  #307
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening
 
aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 33,106
vCash: 69

__________________
nhl.com gave me influenza. beware
aufheben is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:27 PM
  #308
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
:shocked:

Where did you get this photo?

Thirty One is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
  #309
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,281
vCash: 500
Why do so many people put so much stock in a rumor from what appears to be an unknown poster and for all we know is lying through his teeth?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
  #310
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
I've just been skimming through these threads, but has Nyquist been brought up? Would Detroit target Callahan for his physicality/leadership with Zetterberg out? Would they really need leadership considering Kronwall was Team SWE's captain and they have Datsyuk?
Nyquist doesn't strike me as someone Boomer. "really respects", or a reason to bring up Peaches and Herb.

jas is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
  #311
Todd Harvey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Cool pic DragonBrone.

My 6th sense tells that was a Leetch pic and somebody skillfully added the 6. No?

More Ive thought about it the more I love this move - considering the tough spot they were in with Cally to begin with. It'll be fine long term, even better than having signed Cally for 5 yrs.

But this is a NOW move, and they've needed an offensive boost for now. This thing is wide open, and I've really liked what Ive seen from this team. Really liked it. As I'd hoped, they've kept some of Torts defensive consciousness while changing everything, including a vastly improved PP, which St Louis helps even further.
I am concerned about their size but not because of MSL; he's more than proved adept at handling himself in the NHL.

But 14 years into Sather's tenure, and 7 or 8 since he really got down to business and started growing this thing properly, it's time to reach for it. Reasonably, with cost-sensitive moves.
But reach for it, or you'll never get it.

And I havent seen it anywhere, but if you exclude that horrendous road trip to start the year, those 9-10 games, NYR have to have a Top 10 record since. Not that we can erase those games, they happened LOL. But a lot of good has happened since. A lot. And I dont think they've peaked yet, though they were getting real close before the break.
So it's all good IMO.

Todd Harvey is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
  #312
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why do so many people put so much stock in a rumor from what appears to be an unknown poster and for all we know is lying through his teeth?
Boomer Esiason is lying through his teeth? People are putting faith in a known public Ranger fan, who has access to MSG sources and someone who has given out proven info in the past.

jas is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
  #313
Overcast
Registered User
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Nyquist doesn't strike me as someone Boomer. "really respects", or a reason to bring up Peaches and Herb.
True, but like people have said we have no idea who he respects around the league. I know people keep saying that phrase is in reference to reuniting Richards/MSL, but what's the meaning behind it exactly? Is it just the reunion bit that makes people think it's about those two?

Overcast is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
  #314
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Hold my baby, man.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 19,492
vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Harvey View Post
Cool pic DragonBrone.

My 6th sense tells that was a Leetch pic and somebody skillfully added the 6. No?

More Ive thought about it the more I love this move - considering the tough spot they were in with Cally to begin with. It'll be fine long term, even better than having signed Cally for 5 yrs.

But this is a NOW move, and they've needed an offensive boost for now. This thing is wide open, and I've really liked what Ive seen from this team. Really liked it. As I'd hoped, they've kept some of Torts defensive consciousness while changing everything, including a vastly improved PP, which St Louis helps even further.
I am concerned about their size but not because of MSL; he's more than proved adept at handling himself in the NHL.

But 14 years into Sather's tenure, and 7 or 8 since he really got down to business and started growing this thing properly, it's time to reach for it. Reasonably, with cost-sensitive moves.
But reach for it, or you'll never get it.

And I havent seen it anywhere, but if you exclude that horrendous road trip to start the year, those 9-10 games, NYR have to have a Top 10 record since. Not that we can erase those games, they happened LOL. But a lot of good has happened since. A lot.
So it's all good IMO.
Ail made the pic.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
  #315
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why do so many people put so much stock in a rumor from what appears to be an unknown poster and for all we know is lying through his teeth?
What poster are you talking about. This started with a poster on the board, but now it's been tweeted by boomer all morning. Many many tweets from boomer.....

noupf is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
  #316
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Despite rumblings from some rather remote corners of the hockey world, multiple sources say no Callahan trade is even close to imminent
https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/st...85458467049472

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
  #317
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tujunga, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I'm sure he is... but so are Barkov, Stamkos, Kane, Toews, Staal, Couture, MacKinnon, Kreider, Landeskog, Duchene, Tavares, Hertl, RNH, Hall, Seguin, Nichushkin, Tarasenko, etc... that's the future, he's gonna lose that race.
His regime is extra grueling. Not all these guys can handle it nor want to handle it.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
  #318
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
True, but like people have said we have no idea who he respects around the league. I know people keep saying that phrase is in reference to reuniting Richards/MSL, but what's the meaning behind it exactly?
I'm not convinced fully that it's MSL, but, given the parameters that Boomer has sketched out, it appears to be a much more likely candidate than any other suggestions.

jas is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
  #319
Ail
Dear Friend Pape
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Holy **** man! I can't even tell he's not a Ranger.

Ail is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:34 PM
  #320
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ooh, look at a the print media protecting its turf.

jas is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:35 PM
  #321
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening
 
aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 33,106
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Holy **** man! I can't even tell he's not a Ranger.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to show you up.

aufheben is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:35 PM
  #322
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue68 View Post
Who would you think we could get for Cally right now that puts up more points? And where we lose no other players? Not being confrontational but the names we've heard so far I wouldn't want.
I know you're not. Good question. I did say I'd be a ****** GM. Someone mentioned Purcell? Michalek? Not a huge fan, but he scores right? Neither will win us a cup, but neither will MSL, unless ofcourse, we just want to eclipse 2012 in terms of playoff performance, then yes, go for St. Louis.

I mentioned guys like Forsberg, Jaskin, C. Brown, Grigorenko, Fraser. Go for Etem... DSP, Raekell... what can any of them do now? Nothing. But they're good pieces going forward. No? Maybe not.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
  #323
GregSirico
Rebuild on the fly
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Are we all on board that the clues are hinting toward MSL? Or are there any other possibilities?

GregSirico is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
  #324
Vidic15*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why is he commenting and not Brooks?

Vidic15* is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
  #325
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Boomer Esiason is lying through his teeth? People are putting faith in a known public Ranger fan, who has access to MSG sources and someone who has given out proven info in the past.
No not boomer, the poster that supposedly broke the trade before Boomer.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.