HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He will produce really well for another 3-5 years
In ridiculous shape really.

http://legendsi.com/blog/martin_st._...ines_body_shot
I'm sure he is... but so are Barkov, Stamkos, Kane, Toews, Staal, Couture, MacKinnon, Kreider, Landeskog, Duchene, Tavares, Hertl, RNH, Hall, Seguin, Nichushkin, Tarasenko, etc... that's the future, he's gonna lose that race.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
You're basically saying that there's no better offer, but I don't believe that.
Really? If anything, MSL is too much. I doubt there's a better offer than that, since all we heard prior to any of this was Stewart + something small.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky7 View Post
hey guys...Ruutu has been mentioned and fits the criteria so far, but I thought I read somewhere where he specifically said "not within the division", no?
Not seeing the "offensive upgrade" part of acquiring Ruutu.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Overcast

vCash: 1740
I've just been skimming through these threads, but has Nyquist been brought up? Was an Olympian, came home healthy, potential 1st liner, listed as a RW on the Wings' roster. Would Detroit target Callahan for his physicality/leadership with Zetterberg out? Would they really need leadership considering Kronwall was Team SWE's captain and they have Datsyuk?

Old
Vidic15*

Its gotta be MSL. If it is him, I'm going to be really interested in the fallout of this going down.

Old
Ail
Dear Friend Pape

Boomer has really made this entertaining regardless of what he is referring to.

02-23-2014, 02:26 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69

02-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
:shocked:

Where did you get this photo?

Old
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
SnowblindNYR

Why do so many people put so much stock in a rumor from what appears to be an unknown poster and for all we know is lying through his teeth?

Old
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
I've just been skimming through these threads, but has Nyquist been brought up? Would Detroit target Callahan for his physicality/leadership with Zetterberg out? Would they really need leadership considering Kronwall was Team SWE's captain and they have Datsyuk?
Nyquist doesn't strike me as someone Boomer. "really respects", or a reason to bring up Peaches and Herb.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Todd Harvey

Cool pic DragonBrone.

My 6th sense tells that was a Leetch pic and somebody skillfully added the 6. No?

More Ive thought about it the more I love this move - considering the tough spot they were in with Cally to begin with. It'll be fine long term, even better than having signed Cally for 5 yrs.

But this is a NOW move, and they've needed an offensive boost for now. This thing is wide open, and I've really liked what Ive seen from this team. Really liked it. As I'd hoped, they've kept some of Torts defensive consciousness while changing everything, including a vastly improved PP, which St Louis helps even further.
I am concerned about their size but not because of MSL; he's more than proved adept at handling himself in the NHL.

But 14 years into Sather's tenure, and 7 or 8 since he really got down to business and started growing this thing properly, it's time to reach for it. Reasonably, with cost-sensitive moves.
But reach for it, or you'll never get it.

And I havent seen it anywhere, but if you exclude that horrendous road trip to start the year, those 9-10 games, NYR have to have a Top 10 record since. Not that we can erase those games, they happened LOL. But a lot of good has happened since. A lot. And I dont think they've peaked yet, though they were getting real close before the break.
So it's all good IMO.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why do so many people put so much stock in a rumor from what appears to be an unknown poster and for all we know is lying through his teeth?
Boomer Esiason is lying through his teeth? People are putting faith in a known public Ranger fan, who has access to MSG sources and someone who has given out proven info in the past.

Old
Overcast

vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Nyquist doesn't strike me as someone Boomer. "really respects", or a reason to bring up Peaches and Herb.
True, but like people have said we have no idea who he respects around the league. I know people keep saying that phrase is in reference to reuniting Richards/MSL, but what's the meaning behind it exactly? Is it just the reunion bit that makes people think it's about those two?

Old
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Hold my baby, man.

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Harvey View Post
Cool pic DragonBrone.

My 6th sense tells that was a Leetch pic and somebody skillfully added the 6. No?

More Ive thought about it the more I love this move - considering the tough spot they were in with Cally to begin with. It'll be fine long term, even better than having signed Cally for 5 yrs.

But this is a NOW move, and they've needed an offensive boost for now. This thing is wide open, and I've really liked what Ive seen from this team. Really liked it. As I'd hoped, they've kept some of Torts defensive consciousness while changing everything, including a vastly improved PP, which St Louis helps even further.
I am concerned about their size but not because of MSL; he's more than proved adept at handling himself in the NHL.

But 14 years into Sather's tenure, and 7 or 8 since he really got down to business and started growing this thing properly, it's time to reach for it. Reasonably, with cost-sensitive moves.
But reach for it, or you'll never get it.

And I havent seen it anywhere, but if you exclude that horrendous road trip to start the year, those 9-10 games, NYR have to have a Top 10 record since. Not that we can erase those games, they happened LOL. But a lot of good has happened since. A lot.
So it's all good IMO.
Ail made the pic.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
What poster are you talking about. This started with a poster on the board, but now it's been tweeted by boomer all morning. Many many tweets from boomer.....

Old
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
Despite rumblings from some rather remote corners of the hockey world, multiple sources say no Callahan trade is even close to imminent
https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/st...85458467049472

Old
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I'm sure he is... but so are Barkov, Stamkos, Kane, Toews, Staal, Couture, MacKinnon, Kreider, Landeskog, Duchene, Tavares, Hertl, RNH, Hall, Seguin, Nichushkin, Tarasenko, etc... that's the future, he's gonna lose that race.
His regime is extra grueling. Not all these guys can handle it nor want to handle it.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
True, but like people have said we have no idea who he respects around the league. I know people keep saying that phrase is in reference to reuniting Richards/MSL, but what's the meaning behind it exactly?
I'm not convinced fully that it's MSL, but, given the parameters that Boomer has sketched out, it appears to be a much more likely candidate than any other suggestions.

Old
Ail
Dear Friend Pape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Holy **** man! I can't even tell he's not a Ranger.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ooh, look at a the print media protecting its turf.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:35 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Holy **** man! I can't even tell he's not a Ranger.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to show you up.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:35 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue68 View Post
Who would you think we could get for Cally right now that puts up more points? And where we lose no other players? Not being confrontational but the names we've heard so far I wouldn't want.
I know you're not. Good question. I did say I'd be a ****** GM. Someone mentioned Purcell? Michalek? Not a huge fan, but he scores right? Neither will win us a cup, but neither will MSL, unless ofcourse, we just want to eclipse 2012 in terms of playoff performance, then yes, go for St. Louis.

I mentioned guys like Forsberg, Jaskin, C. Brown, Grigorenko, Fraser. Go for Etem... DSP, Raekell... what can any of them do now? Nothing. But they're good pieces going forward. No? Maybe not.

Old
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
GregSirico
Rebuild on the fly

Are we all on board that the clues are hinting toward MSL? Or are there any other possibilities?

Old
Vidic15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why is he commenting and not Brooks?

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Boomer Esiason is lying through his teeth? People are putting faith in a known public Ranger fan, who has access to MSG sources and someone who has given out proven info in the past.
No not boomer, the poster that supposedly broke the trade before Boomer.

Closed Thread