HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2014, 12:30 AM
TheTakedown764

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
Nash is the one guy on the team who can be relied upon to put the puck in the net on a routine basis and people want to trade him. Unreal. We need to add goals, not trade our 1 goal scorer for another.
And yet, Richards and Zucc are only 3 goals behind him...

Let's not forget how fragile he is...

and what was that post that someone made months back? That most of Nash's goals are useless/insurance goals? I actually keep this in mind when I'm watching, and it's true. Most of Nash's goals are just number raisers...

So far, I can count on one hand how many times I've watched Nash carry this team. That little stretch of games this year where we had a scoring binge was one, and there was another before the playoffs the season before. Beyond that? Underperforming, overpaid, unmotivated, and lazy.

Old
02-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
Nash is the one guy on the team who can be relied upon to put the puck in the net on a routine basis and people want to trade him. Unreal. We need to add goals, not trade our 1 goal scorer for another.
Haven't seen anyone post anything about "wanting to trade him".. We're mostly just speculating on what the pieces would be if indeed we were looking at a MSL trade.. Nothing more, nothing less.. As most of us look at this as a game, there are those who have to run the business side of it, trades for guy's like MSL have to make sense, I for one don't see it making sense if what Boomer is reporting is indeed factual.. No way Tampa sends us MSL and a pick for Cally, in hopes of resigning him, even then does it make sense if he were to sign a long term deal with Tampa ? ...

Has to be wrong, IMO we would have to be sending the pick to Tampa, If Callahan is indeed the piece. On the other hand, if Boomers right about a 1 for 1 and a pick coming to NY, no way it's Callahan.. That kinda opens the door on who we have that's worth MSL and a pick... Kinda really narrows it down actually..

Old
02-24-2014, 12:39 AM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
And yet, Richards and Zucc are only 3 goals behind him...

Let's not forget how fragile he is...

and what was that post that someone made months back? That most of Nash's goals are useless/insurance goals? I actually keep this in mind when I'm watching, and it's true. Most of Nash's goals are just number raisers...

So far, I can count on one hand how many times I've watched Nash carry this team. That little stretch of games this year where we had a scoring binge was one, and there was another before the playoffs the season before. Beyond that? Underperforming, overpaid, unmotivated, and lazy.
Yeah, 16 more games played and 3 less goals. What you said is technically true but put it in context.

Old
02-24-2014, 12:54 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Dagoon, hope you're feeling better dude.

As for Stepan to Pitt. If Bylsma loved him so much, he wouldn't have been scratched every game except one.

Nash being moved? I can't see it with how much they invested in him and while I've only been to one game at the Garden this year (not counting the second Yankee Stadium game) there were SOOOOO many Nash jerseys.

Still, if they can get an unreal return for him like let's say Jurco, Jankrok, and a first, I'd seriously consider it, but that's a pipe dream his salary plus his injury history are major turn offs.

Old
02-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Captain Monglobster

If there was a taker for Nash I trade him in a heartbeat. One of the most overrated Rangers in recent memory, for that contract he should be dictating the play...instead he is invisible for games on end. Being invisible was part of Gaboriks game, not Nash. He has the size and hands to dictate the play to the opposition but he doesn't like to get his nose dirty.

Maybe the concussion is making him play more cautious, but to me Nash is not the kind of player that succeeds in the playoffs. I have yet to see him completely dominate a game like a true superstar. If you can get a decent return for Nash I make that move immediately before he gets another concussion.

Old
02-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Ola

http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/no-trac...lahan-sources/

Nothing close according to Brooks.

Slats is also apparently not willing to sign Girardi to a longer deal...

Old
02-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
I'm going to bed. If I don't wake up to a major earth shattering trade, I will be disappoint.
I woke up without any trades having been made.

So disappoint.

Old
02-24-2014, 02:23 AM
LORENZO

He's just going to walk isn't he.

Old
02-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/no-trac...lahan-sources/

Nothing close according to Brooks.

Slats is also apparently not willing to sign Girardi to a longer deal...
Then trade him.

Old
02-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post
Just because a deal isn't done now doesn't mean he will 100% walk. There is still time to resign him before July rolls around.

Old
02-24-2014, 03:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Just because a deal isn't done now doesn't mean he will 100% walk. There is still time to resign him before July rolls around.
At what price? The same price now or maybe even higher closer to free agency. The price isn't going down. The Rangers don't want to give Callahan 7 years and Girardi 6 years. Callahan will get 7 and Girardi will get 7 in free agency.

Old
02-24-2014, 03:43 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
At what price? The same price now or maybe even higher closer to free agency. The price isn't going down. The Rangers don't want to give Callahan 7 years and Girardi 6 years. Callahan will get 7 and Girardi will get 7 in free agency.
Bolded is key.

What makes anybody believe Girardi + Callahan will budge on their demands as the deadline approaches? They can get more in FA and they know it.

Old
02-24-2014, 03:46 AM
Ola

A couple of thoughts:

-Lets look into what it means to make a vet for vet deal. For example Cally for MSL. Cally is a UFA July 1st 2014. MSL is a UFA July 1st 2015. If we make this trade we open up cap space in 2015 instead of this summer. We get a player who can play in the mean time.

The option is probably to deal Cally for a B-tier prospect and a late 1st. The prospect probably got a percentage to become a 3rd lineer / depth D, not much upside. The late 1st is a lottery ticket that reasonably could help us on 4-5 years, right before 2020. If he is one of the "x" percent of late 1st that makes it. 20%? In any event, that pick at best holds a 5% shot at becoming a real contributor.

I am all for trading Cally 1 for 1 for an established player.

-Who are we going to pay and who will play for us? I think its a legitimate question. Everyone will be expensive and everyone will want long term deals. If we don't pay Girardi, someone else will want to get paid in his place. Who is that alternative and what money are we talking about?

-How much of a turnover and restructuring of the roster are we looking at? It seems like Slats is aiming to have ammo to make a big spalsh on the UFA market down the road. MSL would seem to be a direct option to Zucc. Is Zucc on the way out too? Klein puts Stralsy on the brink, is Stralsy on the way out?

Old
02-24-2014, 04:17 AM
ThisYearsModel

Glad Boomer started this. Good entertainment while the NHL is shot down. Just like John Davidson, Boomer would make a better GM than the one we have had for 13 years.

Old
02-24-2014, 04:38 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Clearly the rangers will trade staal to carolina....for Staal. Then trade back that staal for staal. Blockbuster amirite?

Old
02-24-2014, 04:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Bolded is key.

What makes anybody believe Girardi + Callahan will budge on their demands as the deadline approaches? They can get more in FA and they know it.
I wouldn't budge. You wouldn't budge. The other people here wouldn't budge either. This is their last big contract. Girardi and Callahan haven't made big money in their careers. They should go for every year and dollar available to them in the summer.

The Rangers gave Lundqvist 7 because he was getting 7 years in free agency. The Rangers are stuck at 5 years for both Girardi and Callahan. Both of them can get 7 in July. Girardi is amendable to 6 but the Rangers don't want to go there. Craig Custance of ESPN has good ties to Newport. He wrote a few weeks ago about Newport being content to take Girardi to free agency. They know there will be multiple 7 year offers for G.

The Rangers need to do what they have to do. The Rangers aren't wrong taking hard stances with 5 year offers.

Old
02-24-2014, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers traded 2 NHL roster players,a top prospect and #1 pick for Nash. Management is trading Nash for a soon to be 39 year old player? Tampa is assuming all of the remaining money on the Nash contract? Four more years remaining on the contract. $32M. St. Louis is making $5M next season. Nash has a no movement clause.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:12 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Listening to Boomer now. Can't wait to hear about the garbage Knicks and Jason Collins for 4 hours.

Actually Carton just said that they will be getting to it, and he assumes it is Cally.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:18 AM
alkurtz

So many here make fun of Sather.

If this has all been nothing but a sham, he can surely make fun of many here on the boards.......acting like cats chasing a string.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:44 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

If anyone outside NY cares and wants to listen. Here is a link. They have teased it twice so far, but haven't said it yet.

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/s...dio-66-wfan-ny

Old
02-24-2014, 05:48 AM
DM23BK30

Trading Callahan and Girardi would be a massive, massive shift in MSG philosophy. In fact, I think it would set a precedent.

Can anyone name the last time the Rangers traded two of their top five players for prospects and picks while sitting in a playoff spot at the deadline?

Boomer is right about one thing and one thing only -- the fan base will not like the return.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post
Wouldn't surprise me.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Trading Callahan and Girardi would be a massive, massive shift in MSG philosophy. In fact, I think it would set a precedent.

Can anyone name the last time the Rangers traded two of their top five players for prospects and picks while sitting in a playoff spot at the deadline?

Boomer is right about one thing and one thing only -- the fan base will not like the return.
I like it. To me that says Sather is willing to go against NY sports precedent, and trade players that aren't coming back, as opposed to keeping them "to contend".

This isn't a franchise gutting move. We aren't trading Messier and Leetch. These players haven't won anything as Rangers, they aren't immortalized heroes. Fan backlash would only be sort of acceptable if this was Lundqvist, who is a generational talent. Fans can live without a grinder and an above average RHD.

Old
02-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
If anyone outside NY cares and wants to listen. Here is a link. They have teased it twice so far, but haven't said it yet.

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/s...dio-66-wfan-ny
Keep us updated!

Old
02-24-2014, 05:55 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

They're teasing St. Louis (pronounced as THE CITY, and not THE PLAYER) on Boomer and Carton right now. Think they're playing around with the word....

Closed Thread