HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please, please, please

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Evilo

vCash: 500
Please, please, please

Some Pens fans feel the need to post ridiculous messages such as the Pens going for the Cup or the Penguins better than the Flyers, Devils, Wings, etc...

We don't know yet how this team is going to gel.
It serves no purpose to overrate our team, except making all Pens fans look bad.
I see multiple threads started by Pens fans with ridiculous posts, and after that, I see some posts like "Pens fans are bandwagonners", "Pens fans are crazy", etc... I won't even mention some Pens fans trolling the other boards.

So from now on, I will more strict on that on this board (and I'm sure my fellow mods will be too). No thread will be started if it is subject ot flaming (example : Flyers are overrated).

There are a lot of newcomers. I don't have a problem with it as long as they behave well enough.

Old
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Agree completely. It's quite irritating that we are now the laughing stock of the rest of the boards because of a few individuals.

Thanks for speaking up, Evilo.

Old
08-10-2005, 02:49 PM
pensrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpenguin
Agree completely. It's quite irritating that we are now the laughing stock of the rest of the boards because of a few individuals.

Thanks for speaking up, Evilo.
I agree too, but we aren't the only ones!!!!

Old
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
All these posters with 40 posts going to other boards and acting like morons...it's ridiculous.

It's just how it was last year with the Steelers at another board I posted at. A few fools ruined the rest of the fan's reputations...

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Excellent. I was going to post something similar to this until I saw you already did, Evilo. A warm thank you from us competent posters.

Old
08-10-2005, 04:24 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
All these posters with 40 posts going to other boards and acting like morons...it's ridiculous.

It's just how it was last year with the Steelers at another board I posted at. A few fools ruined the rest of the fan's reputations...
You nailed it HBW.

There was a thread closed late last night on the Trade Rumors board. Not sure if it was removed or not. It had nothing to do with trades or FA.....the guy/kid went on a rant calling on nn-Pens fans crybabies, and then tried to rub in all the signings.....

....luckily, there were a couple of Pens fans there and were able to tell everyone else to ignore the poster......oh yeah...it was that persons 2nd post.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

heh, not as bad as when Mario cameback and the Pens official board was flooded with idiots and bandwagoners. It was much, much worse than this. I've never seen so amny repeated threads in my life. And people think teh NHL go watered down with all the expansion teams, man, they shoould have seen that board.

Have no idea what its like now though.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Lionel Hutz

I agree 100%. Its really been ticking me off.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Der Schweinehund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Some Pens fans feel the need to post ridiculous messages such as the Pens going for the Cup or the Penguins better than the Flyers, Devils, Wings, etc...

It serves no purpose to overrate our team, except making all Pens fans look bad.
I see multiple threads started by Pens fans with ridiculous posts, and after that, I see some posts like "Pens fans are bandwagonners", "Pens fans are crazy", etc... I won't even mention some Pens fans trolling the other boards.

So from now on, I will more strict on that on this board (and I'm sure my fellow mods will be too). No thread will be started if it is subject ot flaming (example : Flyers are overrated).

Agree. Good move. However (sorry to have to call you out on it) many would (and did) argue that your "Since I'm homerish" thread could be classified as "overrating" the team and thus making us look bad.

Who polices the police?

Old
08-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schweinehund
Who polices the police?
Vigilantes.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Who polices the police?
I don't know. Coastguard?

Old
08-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Who polices the police?
Organized crime.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:59 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
As sick as it sounds, the Flyers and Penguins are my two favorite teams. I am thoroughly enjoying all of this!

Old
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Let's put it this way. If people don't stop trolling. We will be held in the same regard as Toronto and NYR fans.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:09 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
Let's put it this way. If people don't stop trolling. We will be held in the same regard as Toronto and NYR fans.
We are being held in worse regard than them as of right now.

.....Never saw that one coming.

PGH gets: Chara and a 7th

OTT gets: Rico Fata and a 6th

Sorry, I couldn't contain myself. One of those things that had to be done.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Master Shake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo

There are a lot of newcomers. I don't have a problem with it as long as they behave well enough.

I think people should be allowed to say whatever opinion they have as long its not flaming anyone.

Gel? We dont know how ANY team is going to gel after changing rosters over like EVERY OTHER team has.

Personally I think you have to be a fool with little hockey knowledge to make a ridiculous post stating the Pens arent cup contenders after adding the talent we have. I think thats more ridiculous then stating the Pens are top contenders for the cup now. That makes the rest of us look bad.

Try this. Dont like the opinion? Dont read it or respond.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Master Shake*

Btw, I have seen more bandwagon posting on these boards then anywhere and almost none of it had to do with Pens.

Looking around the various boards, you always get a bandwagon mentality. All these boards are half the time is 'whichever the way the wind blows' posts. Half the flamers around here just parrot what another posted before them.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Til the End of Time

Yeah, the average IQ of this board has dropped like 40 points in the past few weeks.

Hopefully things will go back to normal when the Pens lose a few games.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time
Hopefully things will go back to normal when the Pens lose a few games.
That won't take long. The team will find it tough to gel immediately after a 1-year layoff and signing all these new FAs.

Closed Thread