HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Steve Gainey a hab?

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Steve Gainey a hab?

Do you guys think Gainey could put Juneau or Audette on the waivers to make some room for is son or a guy like Todd Harvey?

Old
10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Doesn't his son royally suck? I hope Gainey doesn't claim him and put him on our roster.

Old
10-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Corey

No, he won't play for the Habs. Not like father, like son. Maurice and Henri Richard's brother wasn't good enough, nor was the Rocket's son. There was a seventh Sutter brother who didn't make it. Bloodlines don't always hold.

Old
10-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Gainey dosn`t seem like the kinda guy to bring in a relative just for the hell of it. That`s something Houle would do

Old
10-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
There was a seventh Sutter brother who didn't make it. Bloodlines don't always hold.

For some reason I found this line funny

Old
10-01-2003, 04:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
The oldest Sutter that didn't make it was supposedly the best out of the bunch, but he stayed on the farm to help the family and didn't prsue a career in hockey.

Talking about Bloodlines and family, the London Knoghts are owned by Dale Hunter and I believe his son, Mark's son and a nephew of theirs play for them...so family helps if you want to play, plus Gainey was the GM in Dallas that drafted Steve. But I highly doubt we pick him, we have too many of our own talented kids going there, we don't need his son who is what 24 - 25 years old.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
Now I remember Houle's son is jean Francois Houle and I think the Habs drafted him in the third or fourth round- another great Reggie move
I don't expect either that Bob will bring is son again with the team.... still, Steve grew at least in part in Montreal and was drafted by Bob.... while Houle wasn't Hab's GM when is son was drafted.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Alcoholica

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
Now I remember Houle's son is jean Francois Houle and I think the Habs drafted him in the third or fourth round- another great Reggie move

Jean-Francois Houle Draft 4th round 93 99overall and the next lw pick was Miroslav Satan ... And it's Serge Savard not Peanut Houle... :mad:

Old
10-02-2003, 05:37 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
The oldest Sutter that didn't make it was supposedly the best out of the bunch, but he stayed on the farm to help the family and didn't prsue a career in hockey.

Talking about Bloodlines and family, the London Knoghts are owned by Dale Hunter and I believe his son, Mark's son and a nephew of theirs play for them...so family helps if you want to play, plus Gainey was the GM in Dallas that drafted Steve. But I highly doubt we pick him, we have too many of our own talented kids going there, we don't need his son who is what 24 - 25 years old.
Yeah, there were a lot of examples. Wasn't there a younger Gretsky? I think his name was Brett or Brent and he never made it either.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:41 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
hahaha, I like it too

Old
10-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Corey

How do you know the 7th Sutter brother really was the best of them all? Maybe the other 6 said it diplomatically to relieve him of the embarrassment of not making it? If he was the best, one of the less talented (Duane? Rich?) could have taken his place on the farm.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:28 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
How do you know the 7th Sutter brother really was the best of them all? Maybe the other 6 said it diplomatically to relieve him of the embarrassment of not making it? If he was the best, one of the less talented (Duane? Rich?) could have taken his place on the farm.
It was said by past coaches, not his brothers.

Look at the Staal brothers, Carolina took Staal what 4th overall, his brother was taken 2nd overall in the OHL this summer, his 14 year old brother is playing AAA Midget and they say his 12 year old brother is even better than all of them! With all that pressure he might be the most talented, but he has the most to live up too.

One never knows how another in the family can handle pressure better or be more mature and ready over another can they?

Old
10-02-2003, 03:00 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
It was said by past coaches, not his brothers.

Look at the Staal brothers, Carolina took Staal what 4th overall, his brother was taken 2nd overall in the OHL this summer, his 14 year old brother is playing AAA Midget and they say his 12 year old brother is even better than all of them! With all that pressure he might be the most talented, but he has the most to live up too.

One never knows how another in the family can handle pressure better or be more mature and ready over another can they?
Actually, Eric Staal has been drafted 2nd overall by the Carolina Hurricanes but I get the point, and I agree completely. Good points.

Closed Thread