Yeah I knew I'd get hammered by someone. One of life's greatest mysteries for me me is Texans' obsession with Whataburger. Maybe it's an indoctrination thing.
Let's run it down:
- Their meat sucks..wayy too salty.
- Their veggies are the worst. Bad lettuce, bad tomatoes.
- Burgers are actually too hot if you go through the drive-thru. By the time you get home if you got lettuce and tomato it turns into a gelatinous goo. Somehow other places that make fresh burgers are able to avoid this problem.
- Expanding on the drive-thru, they are one of the few that still just wrap their burgers in paper instead of a protective box. That means the burger is squished by the time you get home.
- I'm pretty sure ito work back in the kitchen you have to wear a blindfold. It seems that way at least the way they put the burgers together. Half the time the burger isn't lined up and if you have cheese the bread is stuck and you can't re-align it without ripping it apart. All places do this kind of thing but always seems worse there.
- Even their buns are plain. Nothing wrong with them but some places use much better ones, like Wendy's.
Overall combining the bad ingredients it makes for a subpar burger. It's not terrible, but then again it's hard to make a bad burger. But it really doesn't even compare with places like McDonald's, BK, and Wendy's who actually use good produce now most of the time. That said if you don't like all the veggies it's not as big a deal. Problem is, their meat is just salt that looks like hamburger meat.